Oreo Cream Cupcakes with Oreo Frosting
– 3/4 cup butter, room temp
– 1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup white sugar
– 7-8oz dark or milk chocolate, melted
– 3 large eggs
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 3/4 cups milk
– 8-10 Oreo cookies, chopped in food processor or with rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, and chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in Oreos.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and top with frosting (see below).
**The number of cupcakes the recipe yields will depend on the size of the cupcakes you make. The size you decide to make may also change the bake time above. I did a mix of jumbo sized and regular 12-muffin pan sized, so keep an eye on the oven anywhere in between 15-25 minutes.
Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
– 8 oz. package of cream cheese, room temp (I used 1/3 less fat)
– 1/4 cup butter, room temp
– 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (use more or less depending on how stuff you want the frosting to be)
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup crushed Oreos
- Whip cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar gradually, mixing completely between each addition.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in crushed Oreos.
- Frost cupcakes and ENJOY!
- *Optional: Top each cupcake with a full Oreo cookie