Chicago Bound?

by Courtney on May 18, 2010

Holy moly am I draaaagginggg today.  All I want to do is go home and take a nap.  I was planning on getting in a run after work, but I’m not sure what would be better for me at this point.  Run it out & try to gain back some energy, or catch up on a little extra sleep?  I have a softball game later tonight @ 7:45, so I don’t want to tire myself out too much.  What to do, what to do…?? :)

Well, one thing I know I can’t blame my sluggishness on is hunger, because this morning’s bagel has kept me stuffed right up until lunch.  LOVE that! :)

So I’m not gonna lie…I’m pretty excited about today’s lunch…it’s veggie-rific! :-P  Last night, I was on top of my game, and decided to put together a salad of wonderful goodies for today.

In the mix is some romaine, cukes, carrots, grape tomatoes, green bell peppers, broccoli, dried cranberries, and a heap of leftover spaghetti squash.  I like to occasionally add cold pasta noodles to my salad, so I figured since I used the spaghetti squash as a “noodle substitute”, why not do it in my salad?

Check out all those colorful veggies!! :-D

I’m also adding some of my homemade croutons that I made a while back.  They’re still as fresh as they were the first day, if not more flavorful! :)

I drizzled it all with a little dressing mix I whipped up this morning with balsamic vinger, EVOO, S&P.  Simple, yet satisfying :)

On the side, I also packed some fresh cantaloupe.  YUMM! :-P

Hopefully all these veggies will give me the extra “boost” I need today!

**FELLOW BLOGGIES**

(Read Below…)

I’m really interested in attending this year’s Healthy Living Summit!  I followed it and read allll about it last year, and it sounded like such a blast.  I still have to work out some details/budget stuff/schedule things, so nothing is definite.  I would be THRILLED to go this year, but to be honest, I’m a little nervous since I would know nobody!

Did you go to the Healthy Living Summit last year?  Are you going this year?  If you’re going…is anyone interested in being a roomie??? :-P

1 Beth May 18, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Hey! I didn’t go last year but am planning on going this year hopefully (if I can get a ticket!) I might be staying with friends so I save the expense of a hotel, but if not I’d definitely be looking for a roomie!

2 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 18, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Great, good to know!!! :)

3 Nancy May 18, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Quick (non-topic related) question. Which shade of Laura Mercier foundation did you get? Medium or Fair? I had no idea it was such a limited selection on the starter kit, which is good. From your pictures my skin looks lighter than yours.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..

4 Nancy May 18, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Nude or Sand I meant, not Medium or Fair. ack!

5 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 18, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Haha, no worries! I got Sand.

6 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 18, 2010 at 2:43 pm

awwww it looks SO interesting…but I will be in Maryland that weekend…otherwise I would try to go.

7 cardiopizza May 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I have not been…I need to read more about it!

8 Meg May 18, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I so wish I could go! I’d room with you :)

9 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) May 19, 2010 at 6:11 am

Dude I would totally go and be your roomie!!! Unfortunately mozambique is a bit far… but definitely next year, I hope I can make it : ) so scary going when you don´t know people, but I bet it would be an AWESOME experience stepping out of the comfort zone and meeting like minded peeps!

10 Amy @ Second City Randomness May 19, 2010 at 11:17 am

I’m definitely going to be there! (I say that now before I’m sitting on my laptop trying to get a ticket as soon as they go on sale…)

Very excited- I’ve been reading up on it and contemplating going ever since I saw they’re going to be in Chicago…

11 Courtney May 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Haha, I’ll be in front of the laptop tonight too…fingers and toes crossed! ;)

12 suki May 20, 2010 at 6:24 pm

did you find a roomie? :) so far, i am rooming with another first-timer. we have space though.

13 Courtney May 20, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Yes, I actually did find a roomie, but I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing you there! :)