Afternoon Eats & Treats

by Courtney on May 20, 2010

What a great afternoon!!  I got to spend my entire lunch outside, enjoying the beautiful weather, eating some yummy food, and finishing it off with a little fun shopping! ;)  Let’s start with lunch first…

Today’s lunch included a trip to Salad Creations, which you may remember I visited about a month ago for the first time.  I LOVE a place that lets you create your own salad with as many veggies as you want :)  Last time, I got the full size and totally STUFFED myself after I ate the whole thing… :oops:  So today, I decided to go with the “Jr.” size, which was still pretty hefty in size.

I started with a spring mix base, and included tomatoes, cukes, peas, beets, grapes, carrots, & an egg for some protein.  I got a side of their Caribbean Mango dressing, and used about 1/2 of the container…it really didn’t need that much!

I polished this baby off no problem. ;)  It was super tasty, and I’m so glad I decided to add the grapes.  The little hint of sweetness every couple bites made this salad that much better.

After lunch, my mentor and I decided to head back over to the same cafe we did last time, Mocha Lisa’s, and we finished up the rest of our meeting with a sweet treat :-P

I got this chocolate chunk cookie, which was deliciously chocolaty, crunchy, and chewy all at the same time.  I knew ahead of time that I wanted to save 1/2 for the hubby, but when I saw the pretty presentation on the plate, I knew it would be trouble.  So, I asked for a “to-go” bag, promptly broke it in 1/2, and put it out of sight before I devoured the whole thing.  Things got a little “melty” on the way home ;)

To go along with my cookie half, I also ordered a Cinnamon Sticky Bun flavored iced coffee.  HOLY YUMM!  this flavor was out of this world…it must have been gone within 5 minutes :-D

Once we finished our meeting, I decided to make a quick trip into HomeGoods.  This store has some GREAT deals and such cute items!  Look what I found today…

My new “summery” plate was only $1.99, my new smoothie cup was only $2.49, and my new oatmeal bowl was only $2.99.  How great is that!! :-D

While I was waiting to check out at the register, I almost jumped up and down right in the middle of the line when I found THIS:

Have you guys ever seen these?!?!?  I’ve been keeping an eye out for one of these for months, but had no luck…until today! :-D  I always hate throwing my bag on some dirty floor in a restaurant, and these are the perfect solution.  It even came with a carrying pouch.  How neat is that?!? ;)

All you do is stick it on the end of the table, hook your purse to the end, and you’re good to go!

My whole purchase today only came to $15.00 – now that’s my kinda shopping! :-D

Tonight, Jay has a softball game in his men’s league, so it looks like I’ll probably be headin’ down there to cheer him on.  Until then, I’m going to try to catch up on my ENORMOUS stack of magazines and throw in a session of Pilates. :)

Did any of you guys happen to see the killer dress that Michelle Obama wore last night for the State Dinner?  How GORGEOUS is this dress, from designer Peter Soronen.

(photo source)

I totally love her sense of style!  She always looks so classic yet chic & polished at the same time.  I totally consider her a style icon of today! :)

Who do you consider to be a “style icon”??

1 jqlee May 20, 2010 at 5:14 pm

We have a salad creations here too but I’ve never been. My go to place for salads is Jasons Deli because its all you can eat salad for $7.99 instead of the the lb! My salads are HUGE when I go there. They also have ALL the toppings like all the fresh veggies, eggs, hummus, beans, pasta salads, etc.

I LOVE Jennifer Aniston. She’s always simple and classic.

2 jqlee May 20, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I LOVE Jennifer Aniston. She’s always simple and classic.

3 Jess Masters May 20, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I am inspired by your shopping today…heading to Marshalls in a bit. Hoping I’m successful ;-)

4 Jess Masters May 20, 2010 at 7:15 pm

5 cardiopizza May 20, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Your day sounds so fun!! I would have ate the whole cookie, I have a huge sweet tooth! LOL!

Michelle looked FABULOUS!!!!! I love that dress and that color..wow! She’s a beauty. I’m proud of our First Lady, so elegant :)

Other style icons..hmm, I like Lauren Conrad from the Hills, she has a great style and it’s very classy.

6 Courtney May 20, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Yes, I totally agree! She’s got great style :)

7 cardiopizza May 20, 2010 at 7:51 pm

8 Courtney May 20, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Yes, I totally agree! She’s got great style :)

9 Mae May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Holey crap. We need to hang out! I practically LIVE in Clifton Park (I work and workout at that YMCA). Do you ever shop at the Green Grocer? I like Salad Creations but my favorite CP eatery is Sushi Na Ra (LOVE).
I also love Michelle Obama. She’s such a strong, graceful woman (she reminds me of Beyonce haha). I have to say Blondie still inspires my style. I could never pull off anything she wore, but that’s a different story.

10 Courtney May 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm

NO WAY! How exciting to have someone so close!
No, I’ve never been to Green Grocer, but as I was driving by it today, I was telling myself I needed to go there ASAP! Do you shop there??

11 Mae May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

12 Courtney May 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm

NO WAY! How exciting to have someone so close!

13 Mae May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

PS LOVE Marshall’s too!!

14 Mae May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

PS LOVE Marshall’s too!!

15 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I LOVE that idea of the purse hook- I had not heard of that before..but it is PERFECT! I agree with you about not wanting to put my bag on the floor- I hate that! I will have to keep my eyes out for one!!

16 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm

17 Tina May 20, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Love the goods! Such cute dishes. I have seen those hook things before. One of the teachers I used to work with sold them. I always wanted one but never got one.

18 Tina May 20, 2010 at 10:21 pm

19 Liza May 21, 2010 at 11:35 am

I love Salad Creations! I worked at Hollister when I was in college and I always stopped at SC afterwards (they even gave me a punch card so that I could earn a free salad afer every 10th salad I bought!!).
My style icon is Victoria Beckham (although you won’t see me wearing stilettos in airports!) My mom not only tries to dress like Michelle Obama but was also inspired to start lifting weights to get her toned arms :) She’s so inspiring!

20 Liza May 21, 2010 at 11:35 am