Hard At Work

by Courtney on May 23, 2010

Boy, were we BUSY today!  Jay was outside practically all day working in the yard.  I was working hard inside on cleaning out some closets & other things to get ready for a garage sale! We still have a ton of work ahead of us…something to save for a rainy day. :)  When we bought my grandparents’ house, there was still a lot left here, so now it’s time to start going through some stuff to make way for all of our wedding gifts that have been stuck in a closet.  It wasn’t until I went into the closet today that I remembered we actually have a toaster oven down there.  How exciting…it’s like new gifts all over again! :-D

My eats were totally sporadic and weird today, and I really didn’t end up taking a photo of anything except for this pomegranate flavored Chobani.  I adore this flavor. ;)

I also ended up eating the rest of our cantaloupe (which was a BUNCH), some Kashi honey sesame crackers, some leftover veggies from the party yesterday, and 1/2 a banana.  Yeah, weird, I know.  But I was totally on the move and wasn’t really thinking of food (surprisingly enough!).  It wasn’t until we both finally slowed down that we realized we were really hungry and ready for some dinner…here’s how that went:

C: What do you want for dinner?

J: I don’t know, what do you want?

C: I don’t know.  I just know I don’t want to cook.

J: Well I know I’m not cooking anything…

C: Ok, soooo then where are we ordering from?

J: Umm, I don’t care, you pick.

C: Pizza?

J: Ok.

C: No, I changed my mind. Salad?

J: Sure.

C: Umm, nahh, I don’t want salad.

J: Ok…then what the heck do you want?

C: (after scanning a menu on the fridge) – how about paninis?!?

J: Sure!

C: I fly, you buy?

J: Sounds good to me.

Yup, I’m so lucky I have someone who can deal with my horrible indecisiveness, aren’t I? ;)

So, paninis it was!  And even better, they were from my fave place, Flavour Cafe!  I think this has got to be a record…twice in one day! :-D

I ordered the Chicken Focaccia, which had chicken, mozzarella cheese, basil pesto mayo, and a tomato compote on grilled rosemary focaccia bread.  It was out.of.this.world. :mrgreen:

Look at that ooey, gooey cheese & crunchy focaccia…SO delish! :-P

When I went down to pick up our order, I happened to pay a little more attention to the ice cream machine they have there.  So I asked what they had, and to my wonderful surprise, they serve vanilla frozen yogurt!  WOO HOO! :-D  I picked up a couple small, plain vanillas, and popped them in the freezer until after dinner.

Then, Jay and I did “Create Our Own Sundaes on Sunday” :-D

We both topped ours with a little sugar-free caramel syrup & some crushed Oreos.  I had totally forgotten that I still had some leftover from when I made my Oreo Cream Cupcakes a while back.

Caramel + Oreos has got to be one of my favorite topping combos.  It’s SO good.  Does anyone remember when TGIFridays had their Oreo Sandwich dessert?  Oh man, Jay and I used to go bonkers for that thing! ;)

It was the perfect way to end the weekend.  How is it that these weekends go by so fast??  Really, I feel like it was just Friday night!  It’ll be relaxation for the rest of the night here…and it looks like somebody’s already got a head start ;)

Question for the Night:

What do you think of garage sales?  Do you go to them?  Have you ever had one?

My parents used to have them occasionally, but this will be the first one of my “own”.  It looks like it’s going to be a little overwhelming to prepare, but in the end, we’ll end up with more room and a little more moola!  That’s all A-OK in my book!  I’ve never been one to shop garage sales (usually because I had enough of my own “stuff”) but I know people who go CRAZY for them.  They check the papers Friday morning and map out their whole route for the weekend to try to find the best buys.  Not really for me, but good for them! :)

1 Londyn May 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I love your funny dinner indecisive conversation – LOL! At least you ended up with something fabulous :)

2 Londyn May 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

3 Unc May 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm

great blog Courtney! Ask Jason when the pool party is going down

Unc

4 Courtney May 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Haha, thanks, Unc! I’ll be sure to check with him ;)

5 Unc May 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm

great blog Courtney! Ask Jason when the pool party is going down

Unc

6 Courtney May 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Haha, thanks, Unc! I’ll be sure to check with him ;)

7 Tina May 24, 2010 at 6:56 am

I think our dinner convos go like that quite often. And they will so even more right now since I’m having so many food aversions suddenly.

I love garage sales. I don’t go very often because I usually stick to consignment sales but if I find a good one I always like to stop.

8 Tina May 24, 2010 at 6:56 am

9 jqlee May 24, 2010 at 2:22 pm

i’ve been to garage sales, i never really buy anything but its cool to look. my friend bought TONS Of dvds once for like $1 each. totally worth it.

10 jqlee May 24, 2010 at 2:22 pm

11 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm

“I fly, you buy.” LOVE that line. I’m definitely using it the next time C& I can’t make up our minds :)
& I love that flavor of Chobani as well!!
As for garage sales- we used to have them when I was little…I don’t have them anymore. Actually, my sisters & I would have them in our rooms & ‘sell’ (for like pennies, dimes, nickels, etc) different stuff that we didn’t want anymore- silly, huh?! Funny thing is that I still have this comb that I ‘bought’ from my oldest sisters like15 years ago!!! LOL!

12 Courtney May 24, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Hahaha, not silly at ALL! My brother and I used to do that ALL the time. It was the BEST way to earn money! :-D

13 Courtney May 24, 2010 at 11:17 pm

It’s my favorite line…it works like a charm ;)

14 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm

& I love that flavor of Chobani as well!!

15 Courtney May 24, 2010 at 10:21 pm

16 Courtney May 24, 2010 at 11:17 pm

It’s my favorite line…it works like a charm ;)