Not So Pretty, But Oh-So Tasty

by Courtney on June 11, 2010

Happy Friday!! :-D

I was totally loving the quickness & ease of this morning’s breakfast…

1. Open fridge

2. Remove bowl of overnight oats

3. Stir

4. Add a scoop of Maple PB & a sprinkle of granola

5. EAT :-P

Last night, I threw together an overnight oats bowl with 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup skim milk, blueberries, strawberries, pear, cinnamon & nutmeg.  I was bummed when I realized I was out of my vanilla soy milk, so I made do with the skim, but I missed not having the extra hint of vanilla in my bowl. :(

Post Stir ;)

I’m not gonna lie…as I was snapping photos of today’s breakfast, I couldn’t stop thinking about how unattractive it looked!  I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love me some overnight oats, but I think I’ve come to the realization that it’s just not going to look pretty!  They were, however, quite delicious, so unless you’ve tried them, I guess you’ll just have to trust me on this one. ;)

Breakfast also may or may not have included one of these…

I’ll let you decide ;)

AND, in honor of Coffee Friday, I grabbed myself a delicious “coozie-fied” iced coffee on my way into work…no splenda!  It was DELISH!! :-P

In honor of my oh-so-attractive breakfast bowl, I’ll make my question this morning:

What is your favorite “ugly” or “unattractive” food??

1 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 11, 2010 at 9:22 am

I think cookies for breakfast are a fantastic idea. Just fantastic… :)

2 Jen June 11, 2010 at 9:33 am

For some reason hummus always looks really unattractive when I try to take pictures of it! but I love it oh so much.

3 Leslie June 11, 2010 at 10:30 am

Eggs! You have to be a real food artist to make them look pretty.

4 Kelly June 11, 2010 at 11:11 am

That looked good to me!!! Haha! I think yogurt messes are the best ever! Oh and I LOVE that picture of you and your hubs in the background of the Dunkin Donuts coffee picture!

5 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm
6 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices June 11, 2010 at 11:44 am

I made my first overnight oats & had them for breakfast this morning- YUM! What have I been missing out on?? I love the picture of you& Jay next to your coffee- adorable.
My ‘ugly’ food is probably a Green Monster.

7 TheBloggersBrother June 11, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Peanut butter & jelly dipped in spaghetti-o’s

8 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Haha, yes Dan, that probably is the most disgusting combo I’ve heard of! ;)

9 preparationmeetingopportunity June 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm

What are overnight oats? =)

10 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 11, 2010 at 2:38 pm

SO GOOD!
You put all of your ingredients together in a bowl and put them in the fridge the night before you’re going to eat them. In the morning, all you have to do is give it a stir, add any extra ingredients you like, and VOILA: Overnight Oats!! :)
It’s definitely a nice alternative to hot oatmeal in the warm summer months.

11 saltytooth June 11, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I love savory oats. They taste so good, but look so horrible!

12 preparationmeetingopportunity June 11, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Sounds delish! I’ll just have to cover it in bananas or some other fruit to disguise the unattractive outside from the hubby til he tastes. Love your quirky foodieness!