Chart Topping Oats

by Courtney on June 23, 2010

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again — there’s nothin’ like having some killer toppings on your morning bowl of oatmeal!

Thanks to these babies, I knew I had myself a potentially chart-topping bowl on my hands!

I kept the oatmeal simple with a whipped banana oats base:

-1/3 cup oats

-1/3 cup vanilla almond milk

-1/3 cup water

-1/2 large banana, smashed

-1/2 tsp vanilla

-golden raisins

-dash of cinnamon

THEN I added a tiny scoop of Skippy Natural Super Chunk & a crumbled up Granola Blondie!  Hey, they have granola in ‘em – that’s gotta be “breakfasty” enough for ya! ;)

Mmmmm, melty PB! :-P

I think this is my current #1 bowl of oats goin’ so far! :mrgreen:

After enjoying breakfast at home, I made a quick pit stop on my way to work for some FREE coffee!  That’s right, free!

One of my students gave me this awesome mug, which came with a giftcard to DD’s AND a note attached saying that my first refill would be “on the house” — Saweeeeet! :)

It’s double-lined too, so it won’t sweat all over my desk if I forget my coozie - love it.

Today is going to be a bittersweet day, as it’s my LAST day teaching my first graders.  I am certainly going to miss them…however, I’m reeeally looking forward to summer vacation! :mrgreen: 8)

What’s your favorite memory of elementary school??

I always used to LOVE Field Day every year — something about getting those cheap ribbons as prizes always made me so happy!

1 TheBloggersBrother June 23, 2010 at 9:39 am

Blueberry pie eating contest FA SHO

2 Courtney June 23, 2010 at 9:40 am

Good Call!!! :-P

3 TheBloggersBrother June 23, 2010 at 9:39 am

Blueberry pie eating contest FA SHO

4 Courtney June 23, 2010 at 9:40 am

Good Call!!! :-P

5 Veggielady4life June 23, 2010 at 9:43 am

Your oats look wonderful!! I know I told you last night that the blondies looked delicious… soo good that they made me want to go buy some granola to bake them…

But this bowl of oats is even better!! I love anything sweet crumbled over oats, and this looks like a real winner. Hope you enjoy your last day of school!

I think my favorite memory from elementary school… would have to be holiday parties, especially Halloween and Valentine’s Day. I loved wearing costumes at Halloween, and I liked exchanging Valentine’s, too!

6 Veggielady4life June 23, 2010 at 9:43 am

7 briana June 23, 2010 at 9:44 am

Yea last day of school bittersweet. I miss my kids its only been two weeks!

8 briana June 23, 2010 at 9:44 am

Yea last day of school bittersweet. I miss my kids its only been two weeks!

9 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 23, 2010 at 9:49 am

I never think to whip my bananas in – I always just have them sliced. Ahhhh – Field Day. Loved field day. I think we should get those as adults.

10 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 23, 2010 at 9:49 am

11 cardiopizza June 23, 2010 at 10:04 am

Have fun on your last day of school! :)

I loved when we had pizza parties (go figure! LOL)

12 Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm

LOL :-D

13 cardiopizza June 23, 2010 at 10:04 am

Have fun on your last day of school! :)

I loved when we had pizza parties (go figure! LOL)

14 Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm

LOL :-D

15 Kelly June 23, 2010 at 10:47 am

My favorite elementary school memories are Field Days…those were always my FAVE! Your oatmeal bowl looked amazing!

16 Kelly June 23, 2010 at 10:47 am

17 Kara @ MyWellnest June 23, 2010 at 10:58 am

I loved Field Day too! I The whole last month of elementary school was always full of fun events it seemed!

18 Kara @ MyWellnest June 23, 2010 at 10:58 am

19 christina June 23, 2010 at 12:07 pm

i used to love recess and getting chased by the boys. haha just kidding…but not really.

i also miss lunch time. not necessarily the eating part, but how fun and loud it was!

20 Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm

HAHAHA – I agree!…but not really…but yeah, kinda ;)

21 christina June 23, 2010 at 12:07 pm

22 Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm

HAHAHA – I agree!…but not really…but yeah, kinda ;)

23 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine June 23, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Aww, that’s such a thoughtful gift from your student!! I loved fourth and fifth grade. My 5th grade teacher was good friends with my dad, and he was such a riot. He used to walk around saying “don’t MAKE me take my belt off” when we were being bad (totally jokingly of course). I feel like that comment wouldn’t fly now though, and it’s only been ten years!

24 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine June 23, 2010 at 1:50 pm

25 Jenna June 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Your oatmeal just looked so good I went and grabbed my snack early!

26 Jenna June 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Your oatmeal just looked so good I went and grabbed my snack early!