Lunch at Home

Since today was only a half day of work with kids, I actually had a full hour to enjoy my lunch — how exciting is that?  At least now that I’m on vacation (well, one more day) I’ll be able to take advantage of these lengthy lunches more often! :)

I didn’t have time to pack anything this morning, so I took advantage of the extra time to head home for my mid-day meal.  All morning, I had planned on making a smoothie, but by the time I got home, my tastes totally changed, and I went the sandwich route.  Weird how that happens sometimes, isn’t it?

A whole wheat Arnold sandwich thin, spread 1/2 with roasted red pepper hommus, and 1/2 with a partial wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese.  I forgot how much I love this stuff — it’s been a while!

I then layered on some romaine, tomato slices, pickles, & 2 thin slices of the hubby’s black forest deli ham.  It tasted wonderful!!

Enjoyed with some carrot sticks on the side :)

And you know I definitely couldn’t leave the house without one of THESE! :-D  I had to stop myself from devouring the entire pan of them – they’re just SO good.

Just look at that goey, chewy texture in there…I can’t get enough!

I had been planning on hitting up the gym after work today for my usual Wednesday BodyPump class, but I’m kind of undecided.  This last week of school has been so busy and pretty stressful, and I’m just not looking forward to going like I usually do.  I don’t know, maybe I should just take today to relax, and start things back up tomorrow??

What do you do when you’re lacking the motivation to exercise?  Can you tell when you really need to just give in and allow yourself time to rest & rejuvenate?

Comments

1. peanutbutterfingers says

if it’s motivation i’m lacking i’ll look up interesting workouts through blogs or magazines to inspire me or i’ll take a group ex. class. if my body is really tired & needs a break, i’ll take the day off! :)

I’m not sure if you’re into Bikram, but they tell you that 90% of the class is just showing up. Once you are there, listen to your body and determine how much you can put forth and be ‘ok’ with that.

On the other hand, if you’re hurt or totally crunched for time, opt out this time ;)

to me, that is like the perfect sandwich! i love it!

if i’m lacking motivation, i go look in the mirror. hahaha but seriously! then i remember i like what i see and i need to keep it up!!

Love those sandwich thins and Arnold’s are the best. I have learned to tell the difference between not being motivated and needing to take a rest day. It took me a while to really learn to pay attention, but it’s so worth it when you do!

How often do you take exercise breaks? Do you take regular rest days?

For me personally, I take 2 rest days each week and I typically do my scheduled workouts no problem…when I feel like the gym is the last place I want to be..than I take more :)

• says

Lately, I’ve been taking 1-2 days of rest a week.
      But the gym is definitely feeling like the last place I want to be right now – so I think I may try to incorporate a little something at home instead :)

lack of motivation hits me once in a while too..usually i just suck it up and force myself to work out. ha! and i do feel better afterward! if running gets boring i try to run new routes to keep things interesting! i probably only take 2 rest days a week.

I wish I could- usually I start my workout and then bum out and then it hits me that I need a break. I have a trick though- if I can’t get out the door I grab my ipod. It’s a treat in my world cause I usually don’t use it when I work out. OR I jump rope and lift weights while watching TV- totally a treat for me!

If I’m not motivated, then chances are I probably won’t work out. For me, working out needs to be fun, so if I’m dreading it, then what’s the point?! Luckily for me, I change up my routines each day, so I’m usually up for some sort of activity!

• says

Totally agree…if you aren’t going to enjoy it then what is the point! Excerise should be fun and something you WANT to do not something you HAVE to do!

if i’m not motivated to workout, i kind of make a deal with myself and say okay at least do a LITTLE. so instead of 4 miles, i’ll run 1 or 2 instead. Something to get me off the couch, and sometimes once i start working out, i just continue

i always thick of my end goal (look and feel great about myself) and it makes me go to the gym. when i’m there i LOVE working out. its just GETTING there thats the hard part.

11. jeanine mitchell says

I am so addicted to these Arnold sandwich thins now, and so bummed out that I don’t have any in the fridge for lunch tomorrow….i have to make a mental note to get some of that laughing cow cheese!