Finally Finished!

by Courtney on June 27, 2010

I am very happy to announce, that after many many long hours of hard work and labor, the boys finally finished the yard!  While we do still have another last minute project to do, here’s a look at the finished product:

You’ll notice that this side is a little bare…THAT’S because, as I was supervising yesterday, I had a vision: why not build a front porch?? I thought for sure that when I mentioned this I would be told I was completely crazy — however, to my surprise, the hubby’s response was: Ok, let’s do it! :shock: <— ME!

SO, we have a little more work on our hands, but I’m hoping to be able to get the process started this week.  I’ve always wanted a house with a front porch!  It’s PERFECT for sipping cocktails on a nice summer evening. I am completely PSYCHED! :-D

I was so proud of the boys, they did such a fabulous job!

This morning, I was up nice and early for a Sunday morning date…with the gym. ;)

I enjoyed a sweaty 25 minutes on the elliptical (covering just under 2.25 miles) followed by some BodyPump.  Today was the first day doing the new release (#74?) and I’m not totally loving it… :oops:  A few of the songs are pretty good, but some of them seem a little slow and don’t keep me “pumped” like previous songs have.  Who knows, maybe they’ll grow on me.

What do you think of the new BodyPump release?

After the gym, I stopped for  a little post-workout fuel: Sugar Cookie iced coffee from Flavour Cafe. YUM! :-P

So when I got back home this morning and pulled in the driveway, I was quite surprised to hear some nonstop meowing coming from our new bushes.  I looked over, and sure enough – there was CODY popping out from the bush!  The poor guy!  He must have slipped outside past one of us last night and we had no idea.  I couldn’t find him this morning, but I figured he was just hiding somewhere in the house….Oh my gosh I feel like we are TERRIBLE parents!!  I definitely gave him numerous treats and extra lovin’ as soon as we came in. :)

Breakfast

I had been craving yesterday’s Farmers Market goods all morning, so there was no question on breakfast:

2 slices of fresh rye toast with Blizzard Butter and some super-ripe banana slices.  The banana was so gooey – actually borderline too gooey.  But it was soooo delicious. :)

I’m off to go finish baking up some mini cupcakes for a picnic up at Saratoga Lake today, and probably giving Cody lots of extra lovin’! ;)

Have you ever had a pet go missing or sneak out on you?

1 Shanna June 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

My Dads cat was gone for a whole year! One day he just sauntered in the yard. How cool is that?

2 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm

No way! That’s CRAZY!

3 Shanna June 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

4 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm

No way! That’s CRAZY!

5 Kelly June 27, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Oh my gosh all your hard work has PAID off…it looks fabulous!!! :)

6 Kelly June 27, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Oh my gosh all your hard work has PAID off…it looks fabulous!!! :)

7 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) June 27, 2010 at 1:10 pm

How does the body pump release thing work? I have been reading it on blogs so I know there are different tracks that come out periodically but how much do they differ? Sorry, I live under a rock :)

8 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) June 27, 2010 at 1:10 pm

9 Courtney @ Three Months June 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Loving the new landscaping!

10 Courtney @ Three Months June 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Loving the new landscaping!

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 27, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Love the yard! Now I can’t wait to see the porch. I think that’s a fantastic idea too ;-) Hope you’re having a great day!!!

12 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 27, 2010 at 4:09 pm

13 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Your yard looks great!

And yes, we’ve had many, many of our cats wander off, even for 2 weeks at a time!! It’s so scary when it happens.

Jenn

14 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Your yard looks great!

Jenn

15 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices June 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

The yard looks GREAT!! I just looked again @ the before picture..and now the after- WOW- those guys worked their tushies off :D
(And those Sangrias from yesterday looks GREAT too!!)
I’m glad Cody was ok- I had the same thing happen w/ one of my cats- I didn’t realize she was out side..and when I came home from class one day- I saw her outside..and she just walked right up to my car & looked @ me like…”hi mom” – LOL! I’m SO glad she was ok- I just starting hugging on her soooo much.

16 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices June 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

(And those Sangrias from yesterday looks GREAT too!!)