Cereal for Dinner: Oh-So-Good

by Courtney on June 28, 2010

Tonight’s dinner was not at all pre-planned, since the hubby was supposed to be working late and we’re supposed to be having a softball game at 7:45.  Well, the hubby did not have to work late (which was certainly ok!), and it looks like we have some rain on the way, which might mean a canceled game (which would also be ok since it is HOT out).  I needed something easy, and the box of cereal I bought earlier today has seriously been calling my name all afternoon!

So cereal for dinner it was!

1/2 Quaker Oatmeal Squares (best cereal EVER) & 1/2 Kashi Heart to Heart with some vanilla almond milk & fresh strawberries

Since the oatmeal squares are a little higher in calories, I like to incorporate another cereal with them that is a little lighter — that way, you get a lighter calorie bowl, and more “bang for your buck”, while still enjoying the taste of the good stuff.  You can’t beat it! :)

While I was prepping my cereal bowl, I got a strong hankering for some Blizzard Butter…so addicted to this stuff!  So I toasted a piece of rye bread & topped it with the white chocolate yumminess & a little red raspberry jam, just for fun. :-P

I am totally LOVING my new placemats – they make taking my pictures so much more FUN!

In case you missed it earlier, be sure to check out the upcoming “Fashion Friday – Readers Edition!”

I’m really looking forward to hearing (and possibly seeing!) all of your responses!

Question for the Night:

What’s your favorite cereal??

Well, there’s no secret on mine!  Quaker Oatmeal Squares are DA BOMB – but my Kashi Heart to Heart & Kashi Go Lean come in a very close 2nd. :)

1 Time June 28, 2010 at 7:26 pm

1. cinnamon toast crunch
2. fruity pebbles

enough said.

2 Time June 28, 2010 at 7:26 pm

1. cinnamon toast crunch
2. fruity pebbles

enough said.

3 Jae June 28, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I havent tried that many cereals these days because they’re one of my ‘trigger foods’, and I didnt know about all the healthy cereals until recently…. so Im going to say that mine are kashi heart to heart and cheerios… every flavor they have out there :)

4 Jae June 28, 2010 at 7:27 pm

5 Shanna, like Banana June 28, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Peanut butter puffins ;)

6 Shanna, like Banana June 28, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Peanut butter puffins ;)

7 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 28, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Love mixing cereals. Right now my fave is Kashi Toasted Berry Crumble. So good.

8 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 28, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Love mixing cereals. Right now my fave is Kashi Toasted Berry Crumble. So good.

9 TheKetchupDiaries June 28, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Ohhhh….I like those placemats too! Where are they from?

10 TheKetchupDiaries June 28, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Ohhhh….I like those placemats too! Where are they from?

11 Megan June 28, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Loove Quaker Oat Squares! Have you had the cinnamon kind? My favorite cereals are Kashi GoLean Crunch (the honey almond flax kind) and Honey Bunches of Oats! I’m also a fan of good old Mini Wheats.

12 Megan June 28, 2010 at 8:38 pm

13 Jess Masters June 28, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Guilty for not being healthy…I love Cap’n Crunch!!!

14 Jess Masters June 28, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Guilty for not being healthy…I love Cap’n Crunch!!!

15 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Special K Vanilla Almond… mmmm.

But I adore Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I actually keep a baggy of them at work for a snack if I’m needing a good carb fix. I think my dad got me hooked on them when I was little…

16 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Special K Vanilla Almond… mmmm.

17 ellaroo88 June 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I totally go through fazes- I love Kashi Go Lean-Oatmeal Squares- Banana nut crunch- ummm. . . cheerios- and honey bunches of oats. . . it really changes from day to day or box to box

18 ellaroo88 June 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm