Cereal for Dinner: Oh-So-Good

Tonight’s dinner was not at all pre-planned, since the hubby was supposed to be working late and we’re supposed to be having a softball game at 7:45.  Well, the hubby did not have to work late (which was certainly ok!), and it looks like we have some rain on the way, which might mean a canceled game (which would also be ok since it is HOT out).  I needed something easy, and the box of cereal I bought earlier today has seriously been calling my name all afternoon!

So cereal for dinner it was!

1/2 Quaker Oatmeal Squares (best cereal EVER) & 1/2 Kashi Heart to Heart with some vanilla almond milk & fresh strawberries

Since the oatmeal squares are a little higher in calories, I like to incorporate another cereal with them that is a little lighter — that way, you get a lighter calorie bowl, and more “bang for your buck”, while still enjoying the taste of the good stuff.  You can’t beat it! :)

While I was prepping my cereal bowl, I got a strong hankering for some Blizzard Butter…so addicted to this stuff!  So I toasted a piece of rye bread & topped it with the white chocolate yumminess & a little red raspberry jam, just for fun. 😛

I am totally LOVING my new placemats – they make taking my pictures so much more FUN!

In case you missed it earlier, be sure to check out the upcoming “Fashion Friday – Readers Edition!”

I’m really looking forward to hearing (and possibly seeing!) all of your responses!

Question for the Night:

What’s your favorite cereal??

Well, there’s no secret on mine!  Quaker Oatmeal Squares are DA BOMB – but my Kashi Heart to Heart & Kashi Go Lean come in a very close 2nd. :)

Comments

1. Jae says

I havent tried that many cereals these days because they’re one of my ‘trigger foods’, and I didnt know about all the healthy cereals until recently…. so Im going to say that mine are kashi heart to heart and cheerios… every flavor they have out there :)

2. Jae says

Loove Quaker Oat Squares! Have you had the cinnamon kind? My favorite cereals are Kashi GoLean Crunch (the honey almond flax kind) and Honey Bunches of Oats! I’m also a fan of good old Mini Wheats.

I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Special K Vanilla Almond… mmmm.

But I adore Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I actually keep a baggy of them at work for a snack if I’m needing a good carb fix. I think my dad got me hooked on them when I was little…

I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Special K Vanilla Almond… mmmm.

I totally go through fazes- I love Kashi Go Lean-Oatmeal Squares- Banana nut crunch- ummm. . . cheerios- and honey bunches of oats. . . it really changes from day to day or box to box