Gourmet S'mores

by Courtney on June 30, 2010

Happy Wednesday! :)

Let me first start off first, by showing you our friends Josh & Erika’s newest addition to their family:

Meet Bronx!

Bronx was the runt of her litter, and the breeder said she was actually going to “do away with her” if nobody took her.  Can you believe that?!?  Luckily, they saved the day, and now we have this cute boxer face to look at. :)

Not only did I have cute baby Bronx to enjoy last night, but I was also able to enjoy some delicious S’MORES!  I apologize, I didn’t take a picture, but my s’more layers went a little somthin’ like this:

-graham cracker

-lightly toasted marshmallow

-thin BROWNIE slice

-graham cracker

Oh yes!  I put a brownie on my s’more!  SO much more fun than conventional chocolate. ;)  For me, I’d much rather prefer a “gourmet” s’more, which my friends will tell you I’m definitely known for.  Some of my favorite s’more fillers would have to be:

-Peanut butter cups

-Crunch bars

-Strawberry jam + strawberry slices

-(Brownies now!) :)

And then if there happens to be rice krisipes or toffee bits near me – watch out – because I’m going to roll my melted marshmallow right through ‘em!  Oh yes, I love my s’mores.  I think my friend Josh coined me perfectly last night by saying “I think you’ve got to be one of the healthiest, unhealthy people I know.” Heyyy, we’re allowed to splurge every now and then, right?  Just keep that healthy balance in check – it’s not like I’d recommend having gourmet s’mores every night.  They’re a special treat :)

This morning I woke up experiencing some pretty bad  hip pain (BOOO) so I kept the workout a little on the lighter side with my favorite 45 minute treadmill walk.  I upped almost all of the speeds to try and really get the most out of it, and I’d say it definitely did the trick.  I finished up with lots of stretching, especially with the hips.

Breakfast

I had an odd craving for savory this morning, so I concocted my own personal creation of Starbucks’ egg white spinach feta wrap.

I sauteed up a big handful of spinach, along with some sun-dried tomatoes, then added in 2 egg whites.  Once things were cooked up, I filled up a whole wheat LaTortilla Factory wrap, and topped it all off with some reduced-fat feta cheese.  It was actually ridiculously easy to make and totally tasty!  Starbucks ain’t got nothin’ on me! ;)

On the side, I also enjoyed some fresh pineapple.  I seriously LOVE pineapple – why do I not buy it more often??

This morning, I’m actually headed to Starbucks (ironically, right?) to meet up with a local reader, Kaitlyn.  Should be a good time – I’m looking forward to it! :)

Question for the Morning:

What would be your “gourmet s’more” creation?  Let’s see who can get creative! ;)

1 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices June 30, 2010 at 9:54 am

TOO funny about the closet- I was going to ask you if I could have the name of your closet designer ASAP- lol!!!! :D
I’m not a big s’more person- CRAZY- I know- I just really do NOT like marshmallows. (but I do like Rice Krispie treats- so weird)
Bronx is ADORABLE- I cannot believe the breeder was going to ‘do away’ with him- OMG! How could someone even say that?! :( Awful!!
So glad you had a good night- hope the meet up goes well!!

2 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 30, 2010 at 9:56 am

I can’t get over the pup pictures. I’ll have to get back to you on the s’mores…. ;-)

3 TheBloggersBrother June 30, 2010 at 9:59 am

uhhhhhh heath bars, marshmallow, vanilla ice cream, in between those giant oreo’s

4 Hailey Strelich (Adventures in Health) June 30, 2010 at 10:03 am

That puppiy is so freakin cute! I also enjoy smores with reeces but they are straight up dangerous! Also dove chocolates are delish with them!!

5 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 30, 2010 at 10:07 am

A peanut butter cup in the smore!! That is the most amazing idea ever… I may have to “research” it… :)

6 lisaou11 June 30, 2010 at 10:09 am

aww I want Bronx!

I’ve never tried anything creative in my smores–I mean why mess with a good thing?!

But, I can imagine a kit kat bar would be heaven in there.

7 christina June 30, 2010 at 10:28 am

i’d do a smores with a smushed reese’s peanut butter cup..omg

8 peanutbutterfingers June 30, 2010 at 10:35 am

GIMME THAT PUPPY!!!!!!!!

gourmet s’more: graham cracker, chocolate, butterscotch chips, coconut & marshmallow. Boo-YA!

9 Courtney June 30, 2010 at 1:56 pm

HOLY YUM!

10 Shanna, like Banana June 30, 2010 at 10:35 am

I love La Tortillas if you couldn’t already tell from my blog!
Adorbs pup ;)

11 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) June 30, 2010 at 10:59 am

SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! What is it about puppies…

12 Kelly June 30, 2010 at 10:59 am

I am so unoriginal because just the plain smore takes the cake in my book! I promise I am not always so boring! :)

13 Marla June 30, 2010 at 11:17 am

Can you post the treadmill walk workout? That sounds like something I would love! Thanks!!!!

14 Courtney June 30, 2010 at 2:51 pm

It’s a great workout, Marla! If you look under my “Workout Log” page, you’ll find a link to the workout immediately at the top of the page. Good Luck! :)

15 Marla June 30, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Thank you! Love your blog!!!!

16 biz319 June 30, 2010 at 11:20 am

I want Erica and Josh’s tiny puppy! We have a big black lab, but every once in a while, my daughter and I go to the pet store to pick up tiny dogs :D

Last summer for my SIL’s birthday, I made homemade marshmallows and found sugar free dark chocolate with sea salt – best s’mores ever!

17 terri June 30, 2010 at 6:37 pm

i found your blog thru fervent foodie! i love your s’more ideas! however, that PUPPY is by far the CUTEST lil thing i have ever seen. Ohhhhh EMMMMM GEEEE! seriously. what a cutie pies!

i am a cupcake junkie, so i am def going to try your caramel one above!

18 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 1, 2010 at 1:53 am