Fashion Friday is on it’s way, folks! Let’s do a quickie lunch review first…
Veggie + Hommus + Laughing Cow Light Swiss sandwich on whole wheat bread
The last of my Farmers Market strawberries + fresh pineapple
‘Twas a yummy lunch!!
OK, now that THAT’S done…
HAPPY FASHION FRIDAY!!!
I gotta tell you guys – it was so fun reading all of your poll responses. I purposely made all of the questions pretty “black or white” – just to see if you guys would answer that way. Not to my surprise, many of you are just like me and have a very difficult time with cut and dry answers. I knew I loved you all for a reason! (Well, many reasons — this just adds to the list)
So first, let’s start with the results of the poll. I took all responses that were either exact or at least leaning one way or the other…
- The shoe question was a tough one, because almost everyone said both! Which I actually totally agree on, as both certainly have their place at some point or another (as you can see with me both here and here).
- You were clearly all about the shorts, which I was very glad to see! No need to have any hold ups with those beautiful gams we all have there ladies! You can see some of my favorite picks for shorts HERE!
- Leggings are a YES for almost all of you – YAY! I’m a HUGE fan of the leggings, but for me, they must ALWAYS be paired with a shirt that covers the backside. Otherwise, I feel like I’m wearing tights and putting on more of a show than anyone ever really needs to see. Most of you seem to agree with that – good job ladies!
- The dresses were a tough one – while sundress won out the poll, many of you have a strong affinity for a hot little LBD. Which goes without saying, you guys know your style! I would choose sundress, only because they are much more versatile — you can do so much with a sundress to make it work for either day or night. For day, dress it up with a pair of cute flip flops or gladiator sandals. For night, amp it with some heels and start accessorizing: chunky jewelry, a cute belt, and a flirty cardigan can all make the outfit come together (just be careful not to OVER accessorize).
- Speaking of accessories, here’s what you guys are currently diggin’:
- Necklaces & earrings were clearly the winners, but I must say, I do love ALL of these! One of my favorites had to be from A Tasty Life: your smile. How true is that, right?!? Smiles are so totally contagious and always keep you lookin’ gorgeous!
- Some other fave accessory comments:
From Holly: “The necklace that Craig gave me on our first Christmas together (cheese ball…? YES! haha)”
From Shanna: “Oversized cocktail rings on the pointer finger”
From Maura: “I have a totally out of control headband collection. I think I might be trying to channel my inner Blair Waldorf.”
- Mixing patterns was mainly a “NO” which I would also have to agree with. Sure, I see all the celebrities doing it, but I guess I’m just not ready to follow that trend. What can I say, I’m a fan of the classic look.
I was originally hoping to do a little more with this post, like add in some favorite pieces of my own and show you guys a few “good buys” out there – but time has gotten the best of me and Jay and I are going to be heading out soon. I promise, I will come back with a more exciting Fashion Friday post next week! In the meantime, if anyone has any requests for a “FF” post, let me know!
This is the last you guys will hear from me today, as I’m keeping the computer home this evening. No worries – I fully plan on documenting all the fun, and I will return at some point tomorrow with a recap!
I wish you all a fabulous weekend ahead! Have fun and BE SAFE!!
Question for the Afternoon:
Do any of the Poll Results surprise you? Do you have a favorite piece that would fit into one of the categories to share?