Fashion Friday is on it’s way, folks! Let’s do a quickie lunch review first…
Veggie + Hommus + Laughing Cow Light Swiss sandwich on whole wheat bread
The last of my Farmers Market strawberries + fresh pineapple
‘Twas a yummy lunch!!
OK, now that THAT’S done…
HAPPY FASHION FRIDAY!!!
I gotta tell you guys – it was so fun reading all of your poll responses. I purposely made all of the questions pretty “black or white” – just to see if you guys would answer that way. Not to my surprise, many of you are just like me and have a very difficult time with cut and dry answers. I knew I loved you all for a reason! (Well, many reasons — this just adds to the list) 😉
So first, let’s start with the results of the poll. I took all responses that were either exact or at least leaning one way or the other…
- The shoe question was a tough one, because almost everyone said both! Which I actually totally agree on, as both certainly have their place at some point or another (as you can see with me both here and here).
- You were clearly all about the shorts, which I was very glad to see! No need to have any hold ups with those beautiful gams we all have there ladies! 😉 You can see some of my favorite picks for shorts HERE!
- Leggings are a YES for almost all of you – YAY! I’m a HUGE fan of the leggings, but for me, they must ALWAYS be paired with a shirt that covers the backside. Otherwise, I feel like I’m wearing tights and putting on more of a show than anyone ever really needs to see. Most of you seem to agree with that – good job ladies! 😉
- The dresses were a tough one – while sundress won out the poll, many of you have a strong affinity for a hot little LBD. Which goes without saying, you guys know your style! I would choose sundress, only because they are much more versatile — you can do so much with a sundress to make it work for either day or night. For day, dress it up with a pair of cute flip flops or gladiator sandals. For night, amp it with some heels and start accessorizing: chunky jewelry, a cute belt, and a flirty cardigan can all make the outfit come together (just be careful not to OVER accessorize).
- Speaking of accessories, here’s what you guys are currently diggin':
- Necklaces & earrings were clearly the winners, but I must say, I do love ALL of these! One of my favorites had to be from A Tasty Life: your smile. How true is that, right?!? Smiles are so totally contagious and always keep you lookin’ gorgeous! 😀
- Some other fave accessory comments:
From Holly: “The necklace that Craig gave me on our first Christmas together (cheese ball…? YES! haha)”
From Shanna: “Oversized cocktail rings on the pointer finger”
From Maura: “I have a totally out of control headband collection. I think I might be trying to channel my inner Blair Waldorf.”
- Mixing patterns was mainly a “NO” which I would also have to agree with. Sure, I see all the celebrities doing it, but I guess I’m just not ready to follow that trend. What can I say, I’m a fan of the classic look. 😉
I was originally hoping to do a little more with this post, like add in some favorite pieces of my own and show you guys a few “good buys” out there – but time has gotten the best of me 😳 and Jay and I are going to be heading out soon. I promise, I will come back with a more exciting Fashion Friday post next week! 😉 In the meantime, if anyone has any requests for a “FF” post, let me know!
This is the last you guys will hear from me today, as I’m keeping the computer home this evening. No worries – I fully plan on documenting all the fun, and I will return at some point tomorrow with a recap!
I wish you all a fabulous weekend ahead! Have fun and BE SAFE!! 😎
Question for the Afternoon:
Do any of the Poll Results surprise you? Do you have a favorite piece that would fit into one of the categories to share?