Lunch on the Fly

by Courtney on July 6, 2010

Isn’t it the worst when you’re out, you’re hungry, you have no food on you, and by the time you get home, you just want to eat anything in plain site?

Yeah, me too. And that’s what happened today….

As I mentioned earlier, I had some summer curriculum hours to complete at school, which wasn’t finishing up until about 1:30. Well, since I was late leaving the house this morning, the only thing I grabbed to eat was a Clif Z Bar. I started getting the tummy grumbles around 11:45, so I consumed that rather quickly. Sorry, no photo, but I think we all know what they look like by now.

But by the time I was on my drive home, I was getting more than tummy grumbles — I had full fledged tummy tornadoes! (haha, I’m such a cornball, aren’t I?!?) ;)

I opened up the fridge, and grabbed the first 2 things I saw: Chobani & leftover Snobby Joes.

I didn’t even bother to heat up the joes – but I actually find them quite delicious cold!

My quick decisions were quite yummy and satisfying, but not-s0-exciting to look at or read about – sorry ’bout that one! I’ll also have to make sure I fit in some more veggies at dinner, since this wasn’t exactly the most well-rounded meal.

I had to eat this lunch “on the fly” since I’m headed right back out the door to take care of a few errands. Considering I usually take care of our grocery shopping on Sundays, this house is in need of some good fresh food, but I didn’t want to go on an empty stomach because that equals trouble! Am I right??

Before I go, here’s a few articles that may be of interest for you all that I thought I’d share!

How To Find Healthy Fast Food (Women’s Health)

21 Ways To Get Out Of Your Workout Rut (Women’s Health)

Diet vs. Exercise (Women’s Health)

Beat Melting Makeup (Video – msn.com)

Random Afternoon Question:

If you could go back to school for anything at all (money & time aside), what would you go for?

1 Courtney @ Three Months July 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I would totally go to culinary school – specifically for desserts/pastries. I think it’d be so fun! You keep talking about those snobby joes…I really must try them!

2 Jen July 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I went to school for public communications, but if I could re-do it, I would go back for a degree in nutrition, and now I’m actually considering it!

3 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Cute placemats — pink + orange are my favorite colors =]

4 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 6, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Hate it when that happens! Hmmm, I think I would go back to study interior design.

5 amy July 6, 2010 at 3:26 pm

dietetics. I want to finish my degree in dietetics and work at an eating disorder center helping girls overcome eating disorders.

6 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices July 6, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I would go back for Nutrition or excercise psychology- something along those lines. I enjoy fitness & nutrition so much, I think it would be a great career. So much for thinking ahead while in college- haha!

7 christina July 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm

i don’t warm stuff up either when i’m that hungry. and since you were having a cold chobani, i totally understand! i hope your chobani was cold anyway…haha

8 ericaeats July 6, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Hmmm, I probably would’ve taken classes to prep me for law school in undergrad, & would be working on a JD!

9 Kelly July 6, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Great question! If I could go back to school for anything I would want to be a college professor! I think that would be amazing!!!

10 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 6, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Snobby joes look great! I need to try making them! I also LOVE your placemats!

I don’t know what else I would do….maybe something in public relations or marketing?!?! I also considered pharmacy school for a while, too! I always wanted to be a teacher, so I guess I never thought much of anything else!

11 TheKetchupDiaries July 6, 2010 at 6:12 pm

At least you chose healthy options. Usually when I’m that hungry, my choices are a lot less stellar. Give yourself a pat on the back!!

12 Courtney July 6, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Hahaha – if I didn’t have to be held accountable on the blog, I probably would have raided the ice cream carton in the freezer! ;)