Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

So did you figure out my mystery topping from this morning’s oatmeal?!?

Well, if you guessed BANANA cupcakes, you were right on! ;)

Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

These cupcakes were baked with nothing but sweat & love yesterday in my steamy kitchen. They are subtly sweet, incredibly moist, and have the perfect flavor of banana that makes you think “Mmmm, I love bananas” but not like you’re eating one whole.They’re texture is very similar to that of a muffin, with that little extra amount of denseness when comparing a muffin to a cupcake.

BUT…that’s not even the best part.

The frosting on these babies is beyond amazing. A smooth blend of cream cheese, mixed with the flavors of honey & cinnamon combined to make a delicious topper that I could easily bath in. Ok, maybe that’s extreme. How about we say I could quite easily eat it on top of anything. It’s fantastic, and you must try these!

I also baked ANOTHER batch of cupcakes yesterday, but I’ll save that recipe for tomorrow. ;)

Now I’m off for a run, then getting ready for DATE NIGHT tonight with the hubby! We’re going to dinner (at a location TBD) and then to see Toy Story 3. I’m so excited!!

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your favorite way to spend a “Date Night” with your significant other?

Comments

oh my god you did not!!! i want thoseeee! martha is so good. business scandals and all. just kidding, not that part. i love this recipe. good job! have fun on date night :)

woahhhh baby! those look delish! if i attempted this at home, it totally wouldn’t come out looking quite as purdyyy as yours do but hey, thats okay!

my fav date night used to be: going to a midnight movie! more often than not, it felt like a home theater since we were the only two there :)

Hi!!! Just came across your blog and it’ SO cute!!! I’ve also been dating my Manfriend for a while (since 8th grade, LOL). So cute to hear similar stories that work out!!!

Look forward to reading more :)

Great choice on the banana cupcakes! I am going to have to try that frosting very soon!

My husband and I love to chill at home with a bottle of wine and some games of Yahtzee – we’re kind of dorky! :) We also love going out to get ice cream – I guess that’s my obsession and my husband just puts up with it! :)

Those look like they should be in a cupcake shop! They sound so good right now, if the sun wasn’t so blazing hot I would totally want to make them. The flavors sound like they would make a good ice cream too.

6. amy says

My fav datenight with my baby is dinner and a movie. Those cupcakes looks so good. Can’t wait to hear about ur date night.

WOWZERS….those cupcakes look amazing!!!! :) Keith and I are big movie renters. I know that sounds lame but really it is the best! ;)

8. Cristal says

Hi Courtney,

What a cute blog! I saw your comment on Tina’s post and thought I would say hey and we should swap similar stories. Who knows, maybe we can help each other out! You at least have a really great blog going for ya! I would love to do a healthy living blog,but have no idea where to start.

9. Misty says

I made these 2 wks ago and all I have to say is that they were FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!!!! Thnx a bunch 4 sharing them with us!! The frosting took it over the top! AMAZING!!! My inlaws appreciated them as well. Everyone raved about that frosting. Yum!

I made these 2 nights ago because my boyfriend and I were craving something sweet. We decided to keep two and take the rest to our coworkers. After one bite we instantly regretted our decision to share them. Everyone at my work keeps asking for this recipe!

• Courtney says

I’ve contacted both etsy AND the seller…the seller has since changed the picture, but I have no idea whether or not it’s my recipe. Did you buy them? Are you sure it’s actually my recipe?
      I have yet to hear back from etsy, which is REALLY frustrating…and I agree, the store seems sketchy

• Courtney says

I believe it was June 9th…she opened her store on June 7th, and someone informed me of it two days later.

11. Melinda says

Her contacted other food blogs including bakerella and it was on a food chat board earlier so I’m guessing they got at least 20 reports today so hopefully that will move it along.

Trackbacks