Fashion Friday: Sundresses

by Courtney on July 16, 2010

Fashion Friday is back at it again!

Today’s topic: Sundresses

When the warm weather rolls around, there’s nothing I like more than the simplicity of a sundress. Just throw it on, add a few accessories and a cute pair of flats, and you’re out the door in no time flat. Not only does the sundress make figuring out an outfit that much easier, but I just adore the flowy look and feel, not to mention the added comfort. I’m definitely a fan of avoiding the waistband digging into my belly every now and then!

I’ve been doing a lot of “window shopping” lately for sundresses, (since I just can’t seem to get enough of them and need to find a new one for the Healthy Living Summit!) so I thought I’d share some of my top picks, which are all under $50!

One site I just recently came across and am LOVING: Windsor. They have a TON of cute dresses for under $50 — here’s a couple of my faves:

White/Navy Dress with Floral Print – $29.90

Yellow Rose Print Dress – On Sale for $17.43!

Olive Green Gladiator Dress – $39.90

I was also able to find some pretty good sales on Nordstrom, too:

Frenchi Lightweight Tank Dress – On Sale for $21.90

And, as always, Lulu’s also has some seriously hot dresses. I found a couple cuties here, too:
If Friends Were Flower Dress – $36.00 (this one has a cute back to it!)
I mayyy have put one or two of these cuties into my online shopping cart, and am this close to hitting the checkout button…
Any guesses which dresses I’m (maybe) buying??? :-D

1 ellaroo88 July 16, 2010 at 12:42 pm

OMG! So cute! Sundresses are my favorite. I work in a cornfield so I dress in gym cloths all the time- any chance I get I wear a sundress.
Hmmmm. . . My favorites are the top two. I think number one. I feel like the blue would look great on you

2 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews July 16, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I LOVE the yellow one so much! I want it!

BTW I have 4 giveaways going on on my blog right now…and one of them is ending today if anyone is interested!

3 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Sundresses are the best in summer! I don’t know how you are going to choose…these are all so cute! I’m really lovin’ the gladiator dress!

4 Kara @ MyWellnest July 16, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I really like the gladiator dress (3rd one down)
Love summer dresses, I just found 2 at Marshall’s after a serious DIG through their racks!

5 bubblegumgymkat July 16, 2010 at 1:32 pm

how about you just buy all of them!!! I love dresses, I wear them all summer long

6 Tina July 16, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Thank you thank you thank you for posting that link!! I have been trying to figure out what to do for a dress to wear to my friend’s wedding in a month. Those all look so great!

7 Kelly July 16, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Oh I love….the one shoulder one and the last one!!! I might be visiting that website like…um…NOW!

8 Shanna, like Banana July 16, 2010 at 2:25 pm

OOoo new shopping site…I can get on board with that.

I bet you will be buying the Yellow floral print and the teal hibiscus? Am I right??? ;)

I will be buying the gladiator and the celery one shoulder. Yep, right now!

9 Maura July 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I bet you’ll be grabbing the Yellow Floral Dress too! That one is gorgeous! I’m going on the website now to check them out :)

10 Shayla July 16, 2010 at 2:43 pm

OMG those are all such cute dresses! I’m always looking for cute sundresses at affordable prices and you just did the work for me – thank you! I absolutely love the yellow one and the hibuscus one – just may have to buy them!
My only problem though w/ online shopping is how do you know which size to buy?! I’m always worried about it being too big or too small…any tips?!

11 Courtney July 16, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Yes, I worry about that all the time (like about an hour ago when I was trying to decide!). Usually, I’ll look at the size chart and try to decide which area I need to fit the best (bust, waist, hips) and go by that measurement. So for example, today when I was buying my “mystery dress” I knew I wanted to make sure it fit in the waist, so I went by that measurement in the size chart. Hope that helps! :)

12 Ck July 16, 2010 at 3:15 pm

You could totally rock all of them, but I’m feeling the ECI dress.

13 erica July 16, 2010 at 3:52 pm

such cute dresses! my favorites are the gladiator dress and the hip in hibiscus dress :)

14 amy July 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I love the gladiator dress and the last one. Those are awesome.

15 suki July 16, 2010 at 5:17 pm

i love the gladiator dress. which one are you getting? i also like the if friends are flowers dress. :)

16 Simply Life July 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm

oh those are adorable! I love summer dresses!

17 Hillary @ Nutrition Nut on the Run July 16, 2010 at 6:06 pm

I am a fan of the olive green :) Do u have a dress for the HLS cocktail party!?

18 TheKetchupDiaries July 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm

The olive one? That was my favorite!

19 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) July 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Ooooooh I love them all!!!!!! I would definitely buy more than one!!

If I had to pick just one, I would go for the gladiator dress because I think it is the most unique and trendy :-)

20 Rosey Rebecca July 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I love the yellow rose dress!

21 Shayla July 16, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Omg that’s so true! Thank you so much Courtney – yes that makes perfect sense and I’m so going to go by that rule of thumb now! Great tip and I can’t wait to buy those dresses and see the dress/es you choose!

22 Marcie July 17, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I JUST bought that yellow rose print dress last week! I love it!

It was wonderful meeting you today. I look forward to exploring and keeping up with your blog :)

Marcie

23 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life July 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Thanks, Marcie! It was great meeting you too! :)

24 Becca July 18, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been watching “Weeds” at the moment and Nancy always has the most amazing little dresses on so I’ve been keeping my eyes out for cute ones.

25 Dolly July 4, 2012 at 12:00 am

Hi courtney i love your blog… It inspires me to work more. I run a boutique….. I make beautiful soft cotton sundress short dresses and maxi dresses..
You have lovely collection.

Dolly