A Nice Little Sunday

by Courtney on July 18, 2010

I’m feeling like a woman of few words this evening, so here’s a little recap of my Sunday.

Breakfast

A plain Chobani mixed with some leftover fruit salsa.

An amazing Coconut Chai Savvy Scone that I got in my “doggy bag” from yesterday’s brunch.

Lunch

Hommus + tomato sandwich on a whole wheat Arnold’s Sandwich Thin

A few handfuls of leftover Kettle Corn (as well as an undocumented granola blondie & a peach throughout the afternoon)

Home Renovations

Remember earlier when I said I had a “TO-DO” list for the house? Well, Jay got to work on one of the items today: Taking down the rotting screened in porch. It really was a great porch, but unfortunately, we had thousands of carpenter ants who were enjoying it a whole lot more than we were. Eventually, we hope to rebuild it again, but for now, it’ll just mean a larger back patio. 8-)

Hi Jay!!”

You guys might not know that the house that Jay and I live in is actually my grandparents’ old house. My grandpa & his brother in-law built the house themselves, so it holds very special meaning in my heart to be living here. I grew up coming to this house, so it’s so neat to have so many earlier memories, and know that there’s so many more yet to come. :)

I was quite amazed when Jay came to show me a little something that he found in the roof of the porch:

My old pair of adjustable roller skates!! First of all, I was dumbfounded with the fact that they were hiding in the roof, but secondly, it was so cool to find these little guys again. Brought me down memory lane for sure.

Exercise

I was lacking the desire to run today, or to attempt any other sort of workout. But while I was sitting out in my lounge chair reading through my Self magazine, I came across a fun pool workout!

I always forget about just how great pool workouts really can be. I got a great workout for my abs, arms, shoulders, back, & beeeehind. :)

Dinner

The grill was fired up tonight!

Some grilled sweet potato rounds

Grilled red peppers, yellow squash, zucchini & sun-dried tomatoes, with a crumbled MorningStar Farms veggie burger.

A failed attempt at grilled romaine lettuce. (I saw a recipe in a magazine that included grilled romaine – sounded good at the time, but I would not recommend it. It gets rather soggy and oddly textured.) :(

/p>

Evening Relaxation

Jay and I are spending the rest of our evening on the couch, watching “Bounty Hunter” which we’re ordering On Demand.

Oops, gotta hurry, the movie’s starting!

Question of the Night:

What was the BEST part of your weekend??

1 Amy @ VitaminAmy July 18, 2010 at 8:26 pm

The best part of my weekend was the Eat, Drink, Blog brunch event and meeting you! Enjoy your relaxing Sunday night :)

2 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover July 18, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Yumm-O!
Such delicioys eats, girl!
I´m jealous :D

3 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews July 18, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I had grilled squash for dinner tonight too! yum!

4 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover July 18, 2010 at 9:11 pm

*delicious!
Haha ;)

5 Lauren (Healthy Delicious) July 18, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I had those same skates!! I had totally forgotten about them. :)
I’m crazy jealous of your pool – it’s definitely the perfect summer for one!
Best part of my weekend? I really can’t pick just one – it’s been the best week I’ve had in a while.

6 erica July 18, 2010 at 9:47 pm

OMG! i had those skates too!!!! i totally forgot about those!

i’ve got to pick up that magazine, i’ve been looking for a pool workout!

7 Holly July 18, 2010 at 10:09 pm

You’ll have to let me know what you think about that movie- I’ve been debating whether to see it or not.
Those skates are too cute! I still am wondering how they got on the roof??! haha :D

8 Jen July 18, 2010 at 10:37 pm

i ate a savvy scone today too! yummm. i still have one left. :-D

9 christina July 18, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I HAD THOSE SKATES!! omg. but mine were red and yellow and they had a stopper on the front. hahaha love old school stuff.

10 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 18, 2010 at 10:49 pm

How cool that you live in your grandparents old house…how special that must be with all of the memories!

I just had a great weekend overall! Such fun!

11 dorrybird July 18, 2010 at 11:16 pm

My weekend was great – hard to pick the part. :) We had movie/dinner date Friday night then dinner with some friends in town from Miami last night. Today we had an indoor picnic b/c it was too hot to eat outside!

12 kbwood July 18, 2010 at 11:44 pm

grilled dinners are my FAV :) :) my fav part of my weekend was hiking. it was so fun and so refreshing!

13 ellaroo88 July 18, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I saw that workout and wanted to give it a try. Best part of my weekend was a visit with one of my best girls

14 preparationmeetingopportunity July 19, 2010 at 1:56 am

I’m curious what you’ll have to say about Bounty Hunter. I”m usually pretty easy on movies that I know are going to be fluff, but this one had me so bored and uninterested that I actually turned it off when my husband asked me to do something else and returned it without watching the rest of it! Your grilled dinner looked fab … I’m going to have to try it sometime!

15 Courtney July 19, 2010 at 10:33 am

Yeah, the movie was alright. Pretty predictable, but I enjoyed it for the most part. :)

16 Amy July 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I loved Bounty Hunter. Jennifer anniston is so darn adorable. Last nights dinner looks amazing. I miss a grill. We live in a condo and don’t have a grill.