Bringin’ Back An Old Favorite

By the time 12:00 rolled around, I was more than ready for some lunch. I did have a small snack of Manna Bread mid-morning, but it didn’t tide my appetite over very long. I guess that’s what 1-1/2 hours of mowing the lawn will do to ya! (That’s right Jay, it’s ALL DONE!) 😀 Whew, what a workout, especially on the upper body! Looks this gal got in 2 workouts this morning…WOOO HOOO!

I wore my cheap-o pedometer while mowing, just because I was curious how many steps I’d take. Now if I could only covert this into some other form of information, like distance?!? Does anyone have any idea on if that’s even possible? (Yes, I know a Garmin would totally solve that problem for me. I’m just a little too poor at the moment to invest in one, any my magical fairy godmother has yet to deliver it to me.) 😉

Well, today’s lunch totally hit the spot, and considering it is Monday and all, I figured I’d go back to an old favorite: The “Monday Usual.” :)

I started things off with some bright & colorful red peppers and carrots + roasted red pepper hommus.

Now, if you’re familiar with the Monday Usual, then you know what’s comin’ up next!

Were you right?? 😉 A honey flavored Chobani

…mixed in with some delicious blueberries.

Then things got a little “crazy” and a yogurt mess ensued. 😉

I mixed in 1/4 cup each of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Heart to Heart, & Bear Naked Fit granola. It was the perfect combo, considering I was contemplating having cereal for breakfast. Now I’m feeling completely satisfied. 😛

I’m headed out the door to take care of some grocery shopping, with an attempt to keep the bill under $50.00 this week. It’ll be a challenge, considering we’ve run out of some essentials (olive oil, paper towels, Kashi crackers 😉 ) so we’ll see how it goes!

Question for the Afternoon:

What are your top “essential” grocery buys every week?

Comments

Well, ealking 10,000 steps is the approximate equivalent of walking 5 miles. The distance covered depends on the length of your stride. That is why it is approximate. So my guess is you walked approx a mile ?

The average person’s stride is about 2.5 feet. You could measure and then multiply that by the number of steps…but keep in mind that the pedometers can register movement too, like a jump or a bending down.

good luck!

bananas, spinach, the best looking produce, snap peas (looove), hummmmmmus, and skim milk plus almond milk. good luck – i never go under budget in a grocery store. 😉

4. CK says

I haven’t tried Chobani’s honey flavored yogurt yet. I have tried Stonyfield Oikos Honey Flavored greek yogurt and I can say I’m not a fan. Much more of a caramel and blueberry chick I guess. Is Chobani’s honey better than Stonyfield’s?

5. Amy says

Greek yogurt, eggs, bananas, steel cut oats, strawberries, lettuce, brocolli, sweet potatoes, fish, chicken, rice, apples, almond milk. Oh my gosh I could go on

6. Lisa says

Why aren’t the fruit and vegetables from local farm? Do any of you know where you food comes from or how much energy is wasted in its transport? If you are supporting corporate grocery stores, how do you care about your community or your environment? Check the box on your “Kashi crackers.”

• says

Actually Lisa, all of the vegetables I bought did come from a local farm in the same county that I reside in. So until you get all of your facts straight, I would appreciate it if you would stop pointing fingers and please take your readership elsewhere. Your rude, uninformed comments are not needed here.

• says

Wow,

Last I checked you do not need to be a certified nutritionist/activist to blog about things you enjoy. If she enjoys eating well and exercising and wants to share it with the world then more power to her.. Why dont you jump on the people that are writing about war, biggotry and more important issues?? I linked my blog here in which I write about the same type of things.. and I support everything I write.. If you have something to say to the nutritional blogging community at large.. you can say it to everyone

I thoroughly enjoy your blog and I would like to see what Lisa’s looks like so that she can get her facts out there.. oh wait.. she didnt link one

• Sarah says

I would ignore her Courtney. Just like a bully in school, she probably thrives on your response. .. If she is so passionate about the environment she can start her own blog… your blog is not about her passions..its about teaching people to live healthy by eating, working out and making them smile. Your readers are your support.. listen to them and ignore the angry woman who seems to like being anonymous behind her computer screen and pass judgement on others….

• says

You are too funny. How dare you say Courtney doesn’t care about the community. Stop being so judgemental. Oh, and some grocery stores actually carry local food from local farms, just so you know. :)

7. CK says

I’m thinking of incorporating some “topping” with my greek yogurt in the morning (as the pics posted on here are really making me crave some). I absolutely love Kellogg’s Cracklin’ Oat Bran and I’m thinking this crushed up may be the way to go. I’ll let you know if it’s successful or not.

8. CK says

Courtney, apparently Lisa wants you to be OVERLY detailed now as to the latitude and longitude of the locations at which you buy your groceries now. I have one word for that: RIDICULOUS.

Lisa, read the damn blog as is. Stop assuming things and pointing fingers. Incorporate all the local freaking farms that you want when you put any of the recipes you find here into practice and just be happy knowing you did your small part for mother earth. If you can’t seem to separate yourself from your day job of political activism and spewing hate, go elsewhere.

You are welcome! If you dont want to read it then dont get on the page.. but dont be rude just to be rude.. you are making an effort that a lot of other people dont and I know how hard it is sometimes to have the money, time and energy to stay healthy.. its a battle enough as it is with out someone being rude about it.. I hope this is ok but I think that bad comments deserve to be counter acted with some good comments and so I wrote a blog about my favorite health bloggers to read..I hope that its ok I named your blog in it! If its not let me know and I will take it down.. I am not sure how copyright and what not works with blogs haha

10. Pat says

As far as “Lisa” goes, why, if she doesn’t like your blog, does she continue to go on your page and read it?????