Another Winner of a Dinner

by Courtney on July 27, 2010

I was on my own tonight for dinner, since the hubby has a softball game and is planning on eating at the “cookout” afterwards. I, on the other hand, decided to eat at home, since we seem to have so much delicious food here that is too good to pass up on!

I’ve definitely had my tomato + basil sandwich from Saturday on the brain the past few days, and tonight was the night to bring it back. I started by lightly toasting 2 slices of whole wheat bread, spreading one slice with roasted red pepper hommus, and the other with The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese. Then I topped each half with some fresh tomato slices, some basil leaves, and 2 slices of roasted deli chicken.

This sandwich was tremendous. I think I would eat one of these every day for the rest of my life if I had to (or even if I didn’t have to.)

Along with my sandwich, I roasted up some cauliflower; 375 degrees for about 20 minutes in the oven. I simply coated the florets with some non-stick cooking spray, salt pepper, and a little dry seasoning rub that we had in the pantry. Adding the rub was a fantastic idea, as these babies were delicious! Plus, I have leftovers! :-D (Just what my fridge needs…more leftovers!)

I also decided last minute to have a small helping of some leftover grilled potato salad with parsley pesto. I think it may be getting better the longer it sits, but maybe that’s just me? ;)

It was another winner of a dinner! ;)

Now I’m headed out to watch the Jay’s game and chat with some of my favorite fellow lady fans! Hey, let’s be serious, that’s one of the main reasons I go. :)

Random Question for the Night:

What’s your favorite sandwich of all time?

1 Kathryn July 27, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I can’t just choose one, because I love my sandwiches too much. However, one I made that was REALLY good was, I made a pulled barbeque chicken. For the bun, I spread some butter on it, sprinkled it with garlic powder, and toasted it. It was soooo yummy! If I were forced to choose just one sandwich, I’d choose BLT…I love my BLTs.

2 erica July 27, 2010 at 6:48 pm

my favorite sandwish of ALL TIME….isn’t one that i made, but worth every penny….the holiday turkey sandwich from earl of sandwich. that sandwich makes me giddy. it is THAT good!!!

3 Courtney July 27, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Where is this place?? Sounds fantastic!

4 spabettie July 27, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Mmm… a crusty baguette with fig jam + brie.

HEAVEN, I tell you.

5 Adriana July 27, 2010 at 7:12 pm

a caprese sandwich! mozzarella, tomato, pesto, and balsamic on ciabatta..

simple and sweet.

6 Courtney July 27, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Definitely one of my favorites right there! :)

7 Shanna, like Banana July 27, 2010 at 7:28 pm

What fab lookin tomatoes!

I gotta say that a good pb and j can make this girl very happy!

8 Courtney July 27, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Ohh, just wait until you have it with some blizzard butter….ohhhhh snap! ;)

9 TheKetchupDiaries July 27, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Mmmm! That looks delish! I think that I’m in love with a classic Italian sandwich…with all of its processed meats and cheeses. I know, I know!

10 Courtney July 27, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Hey, sometimes a classic Italian sammie is the way to go! :)

11 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 27, 2010 at 8:01 pm

yum – love roasted cauliflower. broccoli is also very yum with olive oil & salt. have a great night!

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Mmm, I love roasted cauliflower!! I always sprinkle mine with garlic powder, it’s delicious. Favorite sammie of all time is peanut butter…can’t turn down a classic! Hope you have a great night!

13 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 27, 2010 at 9:45 pm

That sandwich sounds amazing! I’d want to eat it every day! I can’t pick just one sandwich….I love so many different flavors!

14 Courtney (Pancakes and Postcards) July 28, 2010 at 6:02 am

Peanut butter and jelly and banana, or peanut butter and marshmallow fluff and banana. Or…. subway spicy italian. or a hot pastrami. or anything with pulled chicken or something. man, i love sandwiches. genius idea. :)

15 Liz @ Blog is the New Black July 28, 2010 at 6:14 am

I do not eat sandwiches much… but when I do it’s some type of turkey deliciousness! Your sandwich today looks so good!

16 Fervent Foodie July 28, 2010 at 8:40 am

Ohhhh wow, that sandwich looks stellar!

17 Courtney July 28, 2010 at 11:23 am

The sandwich and the grilled potato salad look amazing…what a great idea! I would have to leave the chicken out, but it still sounds yummy…I wouldn’t have thought of adding basil. I’m going to try it. :)

18 CK July 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Grilled reuben on pumpernickel bread. YUMM! I think I love it more than chocolate.

Also, your standard grilled cheese on white bread with gooey melted kraft american cheese. mmm…

19 Amy July 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I make a wrap with sliced turkey, red pepper hummus, spinach, and avacodo and salsa. Its awesome!!

20 dental impacts July 30, 2010 at 7:22 am

Hey! Looks too delicious. I am so eager to try that one. All my favorites are pit into the dish.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.