A Little of This, A Little of That

by Courtney on July 28, 2010

Happy Hump Day friends!! :-D Did you all get your day started off on the right foot? ;)

I know I sure did! I scooted my behind out to the gym this morning and loaded up on some cardio. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, walked for about another half, then hopped on the elliptical for another 35 minutes. Normally when I use the elliptical, I’ll just use the manual setting, but today I decided to give the “interval course” a test run. I’m so glad I did – what a great burn! Those hills are killerrrrr.

Breakfast

I expected to be completely famished by the time I made it back home, but surprisingly enough, I was actually not feeling that hungry. (Quick, somebody call the doctor, this is not normal for this gal!) I knew I still needed to eat something, and was definitely craving some kind of food, but just couldn’t figure out what the heck it was. End result: a little mix of everything!

I started by finishing up the last of my Carrot Raisin Manna Bread :( , spread with a little honey butter on top. Looks like it’s time to grab a new loaf out of the freezer! Hopefully the next one is as good as this one was…I’m thinking maybe Fruit & Nut will be my next victim. Mwaahahaha.

The next thing I knew, I kind of just started throwing a bunch of stuff into a mug. At first, it was going to be cereal, then I realized I had half of a plain Chobani in the fridge from yesterday’s cantaloupe soup recipe, so that got tossed in too. Despite being a little bit of an awry preparation, it certainly didn’t let me down in the flavor department!

In the mug: 1/2 container plain Chobani, Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Kashi Heart to Heart, strawberries, blueberries, and a splash of vanilla almond milk.

Actually, combining the little bit of yogurt with the milk made quite a creamy consistency that I was totally diggin’.

And of course, you can never go wrong with fresh strawberries & blueberries!

This afternoon, I’m headed out again to run more errands (i.e., on the hunt for a birthday present for the hubby AND Cody.) Yes, both my of my guys share the same birthday, which is Sunday, but neither of them have given me any insight into what they would enjoy for their birthday.

I mean, I would expect it from Jay, but c’mon Cody…help your mama out!

Just gimme the catnip, Mom. That’s the STUFF.”

Don’t you just love when they’re so helpful??? ;) I have a couple ideas, but really, I’m just going in blind – so wish me luck!!

Question for the Morning:

Do you find it easy to shop for your significant other? Do you usually wing it, or do they give you clues?

1 peanutbutterfingers July 28, 2010 at 11:35 am

i LOVE shopping for ryan. he’s all about “experiences” as gifts, so i have a great time thinking of creative activities or mini-vacations for us to go on together. (and because i can’t resist i always get him some kind of clothing b/c he NEVER shops for new clothes.)

also, my parents have that same mug you used to eat your cereal this morning! :)

2 Kelly July 28, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Oh no….Keith and I always tell eachother exactly what we want! haha!

3 BostonRunner July 28, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I actually really love thinking of gifts for Chris. I agree with the above comment that I usually get him a gift to do something, like a vacation or tickets to a sporting event or concert. I also like making gifts, like scrapbooks and photo albums and that kind of thing.

4 lisaou11 July 28, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Yes—he is so easy to shop for.

Video games, fitted caps, or something to do with art supplies is always a winner!

5 Ashley July 28, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Wow! That is an intense work out! It seems like you have started to work out more lately than you were when you first started your blog! Is there a reason behind it, or do you just feel like you have more time??

6 Courtney July 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I definitely have a lot more time now, since I’m not working (summers OFF as a teacher!)
However, I do tend to indulge a little more during the summer (helloooo soft serve) so I try to step it up a little bit when I can. ;)

7 Jessica Q. Lee July 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I love the interval settings on cardio machines. It forces me to actually do intervals and let my HR drop to what it’s supposed to be. When I do my own intervals I still keep my HR at like 150′s in the “recovery” phase.

8 dorrybird July 28, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I love shopping for Billy! I’ve got him figured out and know just what he appreciates most in a gift. It’s usually something fun we can do together or a gadget. :)

9 erica July 28, 2010 at 3:08 pm

i have the hardest time shopping for the bf! he usually buys what he wants or the other things i can’t afford :( he usually tells me what he wants though. hahaha.

10 Wendy July 28, 2010 at 3:08 pm

LOVE the kitty! And the mug full of yummies!!

11 Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana July 28, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Ooo good call to use something other than the manual setting for the elliptical. I’ll do that next ;)

As for gifts for Zach…whatever Apple has produced lately is usually a good gift..haha..joking..well not really ;)