And We’re Off…

by Courtney on August 2, 2010

…to the races, that is! ;)

Jay and I made plans today to head up to Saratoga Race Track with Dan & Meg, to do a little betting on the horses. Actually, I take that back. Jay will go to bet on some horses– I will go to hang out, people watch, and try to pick out fun horse names for other people to bet on. I’m not a big gambler, what can I say. ;)

source

Since I had taken the last two days off from working out, I was definitely craving a good session this morning. The hip is still quite sore (thinking I’ll probably need to get it checked out :oops: ) so I decided to nix a run. Instead, I did the Rock Hard Total Body workout from Exercise On Demand. It’s been a while since I’ve done this one and I have a feeling my body is definitely going to be reminded of it tomorrow…in a good way. ;)

Breakfast

I opted for a quick & easy breakfast this morning, since we’re gonna be out the door pretty quick!

A vanilla flavored Chobani topped with strawberries & 1/2 of a banana, along with some Bear Naked Fit granola.

On the side, I also enjoyed a piece of Fruit & Nut Manna Bread with a little smear of Blizzard Butter. :-P

Quick, delicious, and super satisfying!

Hopefully we’ll have some luck with us today while we’re at the track!!

In case you were crazy busy like me over the weekend, here’s some posts to get you caught up on:

In Celebration Mode

Let The Celebrations Continue…with Cupcakes!

It’s Party Time

Happy Birthday Jay!

A Fantastic Birthday Dinner

Have a great day everyone! :-D

Question for the Morning:

Do you like to gamble/play lotto/bet on anything?

1 Jen is Green August 2, 2010 at 10:15 am

when i go to the track i always pick horses based on names, too! haha.

2 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices August 2, 2010 at 10:17 am

Hope you have fun!!
Finally all caught up on your weekend- YAY :D So glad it was such a good time.
I never really bet/ gamble or any of that- I’m just not good- haha! But, as a tradition for Christmas my Mom puts scratch off tickets under our plates..that’s about as much ‘lotto’ that I play- lol!

3 Lizzy @ LBBakes August 2, 2010 at 10:28 am

I always pick the horses with the fun names! On a separate, somewhat relevant note, I was at Saratoga a couple years ago and Bobby Flay was there! It was awesome. Apparently he’s a somewhat regular.

4 Shanna, like Banana August 2, 2010 at 10:43 am

I am sooo not a gambler..I guess I am too frugal and would rather spend my money on shoes — which is a guarantee WIN! haha

5 BostonRunner August 2, 2010 at 11:27 am

I’m not much of a gambler.. I think I’d rather play it safe.

6 It All Changes August 2, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Definitely get you hip checked out. Better safe than sorry. I had tendinitis the last time I let it go to far. But catching it early is so important.

7 christina August 2, 2010 at 1:11 pm

oooh have fun at the race track! i’ve never been to anything like that. i’m sooo not a better.

8 Kelly August 2, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I lost $20 in a slot machine once and I have never bet again! Ever! I hate losing money! :(

9 Melissa August 2, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Just a quick question – do you think you could post the recipe for those yummy chocolate-chip cookie dough cupcakes? They look so tasty and I’m eager to make a batch of my own! So creative!

10 Courtney August 2, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Yes! I will be posting the recipe tomorrow. :)