Too Many Cravings

by Courtney on August 3, 2010

And the winner is…ROBERTOOOOO!!

source

He’s such a cutie! Seriously, look at that dimple! ;)

Sarah & I had such a fun time watching the season finale of The Bachelorette last night! She was “Team Chris” all the way, where as I had a soft spot for both of them, for different reasons. When Ali picked Roberto, I’d say I was pretty darn psyched for her! Sarah, on the other hand, may have needed a tissue. ;) If she wasn’t engaged, I’m pretty sure we would have been taking a road trip to Cape Cod last night (right, Sarah?!?) :-D We’re both routing for Chris to be the next Bachelor.

Breakfast

This morning, I woke up craving about five different things for breakfast. Bagel + PB, cereal, oats, Manna Bread, pancakes…GAH! :shock: After weighing my options, I figured that oats would give me the most “wiggle room” when it came to feeding as many as my cravings as possible.

Today’s bowl:

-1/4 cup wheatberries

-1/4 cup oats

-3/4 cup water (out of milk!)

-1/2 mashed banana

-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

-cinnamon/nutmeg/raisins

The best part: my toppings helped cure almost ALL of my cravings:

A crumbled piece of Fruit & Nut Manna Bread, a small handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, and a spoonful of Blizzard Butter.

The oats were definitely missing a little somethin’ today. I think it was the missing milk. :(

This morning includes a much-needed grocery trip, and some form of a workout; I’m pretty sure I foresee some Pilates & yoga in my future. :-D

Question for the Morning:

Did you watch The Bachelorette? Were you “Team Chris” or “Team Roberto”?

1 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices August 3, 2010 at 9:24 am

Haven’t watched it yet (it’s DVR-ed ) – but I was TOTALLY team Roberto :D SOOOOO glad he won!!
Lovin’ the wheatberries in your breakfast this morning- looks so good.

2 Courtney August 3, 2010 at 11:30 am

OH NO! I hope I didn’t ruin it for you!!!!!!!!! :oops:

3 peanutbutterfingers August 3, 2010 at 9:29 am

i loved chris b/c his family was so sweet, but roberto was one heck of a hot ticket! :D

4 Courtney August 3, 2010 at 11:31 am

AGREED!

5 Marg August 3, 2010 at 9:52 am

I really like Chris and didn’t want him to get hurt, but yeah Roberto. I hope Chris is the next Bachelor, he’ll treat someone really great.

6 Lizzy @ LBBakes August 3, 2010 at 10:02 am

Holy cow, you fit a lot of different things into that bowl!

I was sort of indifferent with the final two — a win, win if you will. :) I think they are both great guys. Hopefully this one lasts – I hate when they break up like a month later – I’m always pulling for them to make it!

7 Shanna, like Banana August 3, 2010 at 10:49 am

Would you believe I only watched the last two episodes and I would have bet my life that she picked Roberto..their chemistry was insane! ;)

8 Kelly August 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

That oatmeal looks wonderful!!! I didn’t watch the Bachelorette….sorry!! :(

9 CK August 3, 2010 at 10:58 am

I liked both, but could see the way Roberto lit up every time Ali was around. I am also hoping Chris becomes the next bachelor.

10 Chicago Cuisine Critique August 3, 2010 at 11:13 am

Both good guys. It was tough, if Ali hadn’t picked Roberto…I may have tried to track him down for myself. Such a hottie!

11 Meagan August 3, 2010 at 11:16 am

I was 100% Team Chris! Oh well, but I really hope he is the next Bachelor, such a cutie!

12 Hillary August 3, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Poor Chris… BUT I am Team Roberto. I was so so so happy when he ‘won’! God, they’re adorable together.

13 kbwood August 3, 2010 at 12:26 pm

when in doubt.. go with the oats! good choice girl!
I LOVE ROBERTO!! He lives (or lived) in charleston, which is around where i live! gah- wish i wouldave known him sooner! haha just kidding :) he is a little older than me! so cute tho!

14 lisaou11 August 3, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I loved Chris! I would have chosen him, but I dont think Roberto was a bad choice at all.