Creamy, Dreamy Peanut Butter

Today is going to be another BUSY day, so I’ll have to make this a quick post!

I started my morning off with a nice relaxing Pilates workout, using my On The Ball Pilates DVD. It always does an awesome job on the abs, which is what I was really in the mood to work today, so it felt gooooood.

Breakfast

I went to bed last night knowing perfectly well that peanut butter was going to be a necessity this morning. ;)

A nice thick slice of lightly toasted mulitgrain bread, topped off with some creamy Blizzard Butter and banana slices.

It was so dreamy. :-D I can’t believe I went almost 2 years without eating peanut butter. During my struggles with body issues, I had proclaimed peanut butter to be an “off limit” food, due to its higher calorie and fat content. What was I thinking?!? This stuff is just INCREDIBLE.

Onto some fun & exciting news – check out what came in the mail for me yesterday!!

Business Cards!

IMG_3864nophone

(In case you’re wondering what the funky “blur” is, I covered up my phone #)

IMG_3865nophone

I decided, on a whim, to put together some “Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life” business cards. I ordered them from Vistaprint, which had a phenomenal deal: 250 cards for $3.99! I just Google searched for different coupon codes and found one for 80% off! The cards are great (despite the extra space in between “healthy” and “attitude” – GRRR, don’t know how that happened???) and they came incredibly quick! AND, they even threw in some free labels to boot!

I have no idea what I’ll even do with the labels, but hey, they were free, so who cares?? :-D I’ll definitely be bringing my cards along with me to HLS this weekend! CAN’T WAIT!!!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite match for peanut/nut butters?

I think bananas would probably be my #1, but I’ll always love jelly and FLUFF! Ahhh childhood memories. :)

Comments

1. Juliene says

I wanted to say thank you for posting about your struggles with body issues. I also struggled with body issues after having lost over 100 lbs. I still struggle sometimes but remembering how unhappy I was then helps keep me on track. You really are an inspiration because you seem to have it together. Thanks for sharing!

2. Brenda says

Anything with peanut butter is awesome!! I just picked up some Chillin Chocolate, I’m having fun finding new things to dip in it :)

I love vista print! Cuuuute cards btw!! I had some made a few months ago and still have them…all of them, lol, but it was fun to make and receive them..esp. for free!

I banned peanut butter for a year and half while losing weight too. I didn’t even eat PBJs because I was convinced they would hinder my weight loss. I can’t decide if this was a good decision or not, but I eat it all the time now (in moderation) and I’m doing fine! :-D

5. Amy says

pnut butter was my off limit food as well when I was bad into my anorexia and now I eat it everyday. I love it on bananas, in oatmeal, on toast, in wraps with chicken, in protein shakes, heck I’ll eat it out of the jar. Gosh, what we were missing Courtney!!!!
    Thank God for changed views of healthy eating

Ah, peanut butter and fluff… definitely was a staple for me in college. I’ll need to bust that out one of these days (healthified, of course… um, whole wheat bread? ;) )

I hadn’t read your back story; thanks for sharing! You definitely seem as happy, confident and healthy in person as you do on your blog-I’m glad that you were able to overcome those issues!

7. Jess says

Oh my gosh!! I used to feel the same way about peanut butter. I wouldn’t even buy for our house! My problem was I always felt like once I started eating it, I wouldn’t be able to stop eating it! Since reading food blogs, I saw how you and others could have portion control and actually eat peanut butter. Your business cards are cute!

8. Melissa says

My favorite brand so far is the Saratoga PB…Chillin Chocolate! Good stuff! I absolutely love dipping pretzels in my peanut butter. Yum!

I agree with a lot of other people. I love you blog too. After meeting you on Sunday, I decided to check it out for the first time. I am a fan! You are an inspiration!