Technology, Pizza, & Football

by Courtney on August 16, 2010

Tonight may have just changed my life…

I finally got a Smartphone!!!

Jay and I went out tonight and finally picked up a pair of Droid 2’s. It’s scary just how “out of the loop” I feel with this Smartphone stuff. :oops: Now I think I finally know how my parents feel about computers! I have been playing with it alllll evening, trying to find lots of cool stuff.

**Does anyone have any applications they’d recommend???** :-D

After getting our phones, we decided to grab some dinner. I was planning on cooking, but I had a feeling that I wouldn’t be able to get pizza off my brain until it was consumed…

We hit up one of our favorite local spots, DeFazio’s in downtown Troy. (Locals, you have GOT to try their pizza!) It’s definitely not the deep dish I’ve been craving, but it sure is delicious.

We shared a large tossed salad to start, which had the most amazing Fontina cheese cubes on it. Hubby and I were definitely fans.

My portion:

One problem that Jay and I have when we get DeFazio’s is that we can never decide on just one pizza. Rather than trying to compromise with each other, we each got a small of our choice, which means lots of leftovers for during the week. :-P

Jay ordered the Barbecue Chicken Pizza

And I put my own spin on their Low Cholesterol Pizza: whole wheat crust, extra sauce, light on the cheese, roasted red peppers, red onions, & spinach.

Luckily, our waiter was super nice and had no problem with my complex ordering. ;)

I started with a slice of mine, then snagged a mini piece of Jay’s. Both pizzas were incredible. So incredible, in fact, that I went back for another slice of my veggie pizza.

IMG_4170IMG_4173

I love DeFazio’s pizza because it’s light and chewy, with a subtly crunchy brick-oven style crust. It’s not too greasy, and the flavors in the homemade crust and sauce are absolutely delish!

I’m definitely planning, and looking forward, to doing some home cooking now for the rest of the week. After a long weekend full of dining out, and a week long VEGAS trip coming up next week, it’ll be good to eat in. I’m sure my waistline will thank me too.

For the rest of the evening, you can bet that Jay and I will be sitting on the couch, phones in hand, watching THIS:

It’s the start of FOOTBALL season! WAHOOOO! :mrgreen:

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

I’ve always worn my “Jets Green” pride, but it certainly doesn’t hurt having this fella to watch…

source

I definitely just got one of these from the hubby… :roll:

Don’t worry Hubby, you’ll still always be my #1!

Question for the Night:

Favorite sports team?? Any sports are welcome!

1 Laura August 16, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Hi! I have been reading your blog for awhile but have never commented. I grew up in Queensbury and went to RPI and now am continuing here for my Masters. I have always wanted to go to DeFazio’s and still have not been. You have inspired me to make sure I get there. I love your blog!

2 Courtney August 16, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Oh yes, definitely make the trip. It’s SO worth it!
Thanks so much for reading (and now commenting!) :)

3 Brenda August 16, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Buffalo Bills! We are going to the Jets/Bills game this year in Buffalo

4 Sana August 16, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Hi, Indian food buddy!! I am SOOO jealous that you have a smartphone!!!! I wish I could afford those monthly fees, but for now I shall stay disconnected!

5 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices August 16, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Ravens, Ravens, Ravens :D & now I have EVEN more of a reason to absolutely adore them- haha!

6 Courtney August 16, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Yes you DO! :-D YAY!!!

7 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews August 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Your pizza and salad looks sooo good! Yum!

8 Shanna, like Banana August 16, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Oh no now I want pizza!

I love the Lakers :)

9 Courtney August 16, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Me too!

10 Marg August 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Saints fan!!! Going to NOLA for Halloween weekend to see them play the Steelers (boyfriends team), should be lots of fun.

11 tastyandtrim August 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm

mmm that pizza looks amazing :) I absolutely love your blog by the way!

12 Courtney August 16, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Thank You!! :)

13 Amy @ Second City Randomness August 16, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Yea for the smart phone! My crackberry has been on the fritz, so I feel you on how hard it was to keep up with everything going on at HLS!

And I have two shoutouts. One for my Missouri peeps and the St. Louis Cardinals! (woot woot!)

And one for my new Chicago home by saying Go Bears!!!!

I have to represent both of my “homes”, right? :)

14 christina August 16, 2010 at 11:18 pm

you are going to love having a smart phone! i have had one for 3 years and could never go back!

15 Lin August 17, 2010 at 12:10 am

Ooooo I want a droid too but I’ve heard rumors that the iphone will be out on Verizon next year. As for football teams, I’m just a Chad Ochocinco fan :-) any team he’s on, I like. I’m also a soccer fan (mostly for eye candy) and I get my fix watching teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona :-P.

16 ellaroo88 August 17, 2010 at 12:20 am

Hmmm. . .
went to school in St. Louie so GO CARDS

I’m more a college sports fan (okay my brothers are more college sports fans)
football: GO Illini and GO Purdue
basketball: Gotta go with Xavier my cousin is on the team

mostly just a big 10 girl

17 BIOCHEMISTA August 17, 2010 at 12:54 am

I’m gonna have to go with……..PATRIOTS! hehehe

Your dinner looks fantastic. Wish I wasn’t allergic to cheese :(

18 withasideofhope August 17, 2010 at 8:27 am

My favorite team is the Phillies! Chase Utley is so dreamy. :)

Those pizzas look delicious! Mmmm. I actually have the original Droid phone and I love it! My favorite apps are the Facebook app, TMZ app (gotta keep up on celeb gossip!), Google Places app (makes it really easy to find restuarants, bars, etc. wherever you may be).

19 atastelife August 17, 2010 at 9:12 am

Oh man – all that technology confuses me. I think I’ll just stick with my old school phone that just lets me text. =)

And East Carolina Pirates. Love college football. It seems the NLF is just all about money – which takes all the fun out of it.

20 TheBloggersBrother August 17, 2010 at 9:36 am

Tikl is an awesome app, it basically turns your phone into a walky talky and we’ll be able to talk to eachother that way!! also get Papertoss, its the game you were playing at the track, its addicting

21 Katie H. August 17, 2010 at 9:46 am

I love my pandora app, as well as Astrid tasks to write down quick to-do lists. The key ring app is pretty cool- you scan in your tags (borders, price chopper, etc) and it comes up on your phone so you don’t have to carry a bunch of them on your key ring. Skype mobile is neat, the weather channel is necessary..wordpress has an app, although I haven’t used it. Swirl is a nifty wine guide one. Let me know if you find any cool essentials :)

22 Chicago Cuisine Critique August 17, 2010 at 10:32 am

Yum! Those pizzas both look delicious. I’m a big fan of wheat crust. I wish more places offered it.

23 Hangry Pants August 17, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Once Mark came to visit my classroom in the fall. I introduced him to the class as “My friend Mark.” When he left the group of 4th graders declared that Marc Sanchez was my friend. They did this for the rest of the year.

24 Courtney August 18, 2010 at 7:23 am

Hahaha! That sounds pretty typical. :)
I didn’t realize you’re a teacher too??

25 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 18, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Yay, hooray for smartphones! I’m already thinking about my next one ; ) Have fun!

26 International Domain Renewal & Web Hosting Service November 5, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I am not constructive wherever you might be having your facts, on the other hand excellent matter. I needs to invest some time figuring out a lot more and also knowing more. Many thanks for great data I’d been in search of this info for my vision.