Lighting Speed!

by Courtney on August 18, 2010

I’m typing this post in lighting speed, since I have a softball playoff game to get to! :)

I made a quick, simple veggie sandwich for dinner, since I didn’t want anything too heavy before playing.

I lightly toasted an Arnold Sandwich Thin, spread it with a thick smear of garlic & chive hommus, and topped it with some romaine, tomatoes, and cucumber slices. On the side, I also made like a bunny and munched on this yummy carrot stick dunked in a lot more hommus. ;)

Jay and I also decided to test out the PopChips from my Swag Bag. Personally, I’m not a huge pepper person, but they were still really good. I’d really like to try some of the other flavors (sour cream & onion!!!), since I was a total fan of the texture.

I know this probably looks like a pretty lame dinner, but hey, we can’t have customizable dinner bowls every night. ;) I also did a pretty decent job of munching on some homemade trail mix during the afternoon too, so I am feeling pleasantly satisfied after this quick meal.

Ok folks, time to play some softball!!

Question for the Night:

On average, how many nights a week do you cook/prepare a full dinner for yourself and/or your family?

1 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) August 18, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Have fun at softball! I haven’t played in years…. tear. So jealous!

I cook about 4 nights a week on average… not too bad ;)

2 Shanna, like Banana August 18, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Hmm, I’d say about 3-5 days a week I cook a meal…most often (especially summertime) I make a big salad and that’s not enough for the hubby so he does something else too.

Good luck at the game =)

3 Kathryn August 18, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Oh goodness, my husband can’t find his way around the kitchen except to microwave hotpockets or cook taquitos. I generally cook 7 days a week.

4 tastyandtrim August 18, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I usually cook on the weekdays and then we treat ourselves to food out on the weekends :)

5 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 19, 2010 at 2:09 am

love seeing all those veggies!

6 Marg August 19, 2010 at 11:33 am

I’d guess I’m at around 3-4 nights a week. It’s so hard getting home late to cook a meal.

7 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 19, 2010 at 11:44 am

I hear ya, it’s tough to spend time cooking every night. I usually make dinner 4 nights a week. I take the weekends off (since I’m usually out to dinner those nights) and usually one night during the work week. At least you got tons of veggies in- good job!

8 TheBloggersBrother August 20, 2010 at 10:30 am