A Dinner “Situation”

by Courtney on August 20, 2010

Last night’s casual dinner date with Joe & Kate ended up turning out to be quite a fun little evening!

To start, my worries about not having anything good to serve went right out the window after Kate said she had just picked up some panko breaded chicken breasts at the store earlier in the day. PERFECT. Now that the main course was all set, I took care of some side dishes.

Long grain & wild rice

Fresh green beans sprinkled with some Garlic Gold (thanks Gina!)

Leftover roasted veggies

Panko breaded chicken (she got 4 of them on sale for just over $1.00! It was a STEAL!)

It was a great meal!!

After dinner, an idea to watch a mini marathon of the Jersey Shore episodes we had DVR’d was brought up. A little silliness ensued…

Joey broke out “the shirt before the shirt” & Jay started channeling his inner “Situation” :)

Then we all channeled our inner Jersey Shore selves…

And we even managed to get a nice "family photo” taken in the midst of it all. :)

Then, dessert was broken into…Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies!

IMG_4247  IMG_4248

And I definitely ate wayyyy more of these than I needed. :oops: Now I remember why I don’t make these very often. They have TROUBLE written all over them! :shock:

This morning, I’m on my way out the door to work on my classroom for the day. I’m lucky enough to have Mom coming to help me, so it should be fun.

Before leaving the house, however, a yummy breakfast was required:

PB & J Oats!

In the bowl:

• 1/4 cup wheatberries
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • cinnamon & nutmeg
  • Bear Naked Fit Granola
  • PB2
  • Polaner Raspberry All Fruit

In my new Target bowl – on clearance for $1.38! :-D

Alright folks, I’m off for a few hours. Make sure to check back later on for a fun Fashion Friday post!!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?? 8-)

1 Lin August 20, 2010 at 10:16 am

woah, those funfetti cookies look amazing!!!! you guys look FTD (fresh to death) and DTP (down to partayyyy)! guess all the GTL pays off :-P.

2 Lizzy @ LBBakes August 20, 2010 at 10:24 am

That chicken looks delicious!

3 Jen @ Jen is Green August 20, 2010 at 10:26 am

wow, cody does not look happy in your family portrait. hahahah! so cute though!! i tried watching jersey shore the other day…the first 15 minutes sucked me in! hahaha.

4 Angela August 20, 2010 at 10:41 am

Wow your dinner looks so good. I gave up meat recently but I think I’m going to add chicken back in. Sorry, got sidetracked for a minute.

Love the Jersey Shore theme you had going. I went to a party recently that was JS themed. I wore a lovely Ed Hardy shirt with the shortest skirt I owned and made my face nice and bronze. Haha so fun.

This weekend is low-key, heading to Philly to see my family. Even though its not exciting, I’m excited for it! Hope you have a fun one.

5 Chicago Cuisine Critique August 20, 2010 at 11:02 am

That meal looks awesome and I definitely need to try out those funfetti cookies. Yum!

6 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice August 20, 2010 at 11:28 am

Haha you really gotta love the Jersey Shore. That show is SO addicting.

That’s a great way to eat chicken! Think I need to try it soon.

7 Katie H. August 20, 2010 at 11:32 am

That bowl is adorable. Your dinner looks super healthy- it balances those cookies out :) How did you like the garlic gold?

Good luck with your classroom! It’s my bdaay tomorrow :D and I’m heading to Long Island for a college roommate girls weekend. Can’t wait! :)

8 Courtney August 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm

LOVED the Garlic Gold! I only used a little bit, since I wasn’t sure how potent it was…I’ll definitely use more next time! ;)

9 Amy @ Second City Randomness August 20, 2010 at 11:40 am

Ahhhh! I saw those bowls and plates on sale! Stupid endcaps… I keep wanting to grab some. And then start talking to myself- “Amy seriously. You live by yourself. And you have a million bowls. This is ridiculous. You can start a soup kitchen with the amount of bowls you have. Put it back now!”

Have a great weekend! :)

10 Courtney August 20, 2010 at 2:38 pm

LOL, Amy you are too funny! :)

11 ellaroo88 August 20, 2010 at 11:48 am

Looks like a blast. I think cupcake batter cookies are my new thing cause they take so few ingredients. My weekend plans involve getting ready for school to start. . . Yuck it’s actually really stressful

12 Dorry August 20, 2010 at 11:51 am

Love the family photo pic. :) We have friends in town for our wedding shower tomorrow night so it’s going to be action-packed!

13 Courtney August 20, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Ooooo YAY! Have fun! :)

14 Kara @ MyWellnest August 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm

The shirt before the shirt, LOL!!!

Got to love funfetti!!!

15 Samantha Robertson August 20, 2010 at 2:17 pm

OMG, I bought that exact same bowl for my oatmeal. LOL I also got the white one with the dotted circles. :-)

I love Wheat Berries, but I haven’t tried to cook them myself. Do you cook them before adding them to the oatmeal? How do you cook them? Any tips?

16 Courtney August 20, 2010 at 2:43 pm

You have good taste in dishes! ;)

Yes, I do cook the wheatberries before adding to oatmeal. I actually made a large batch of them using this “recipe” as a guide: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cooked_wheat_berries.html. Then I just store the big bowl of them in the fridge, and they’re ready to go!
Besides having them in oatmeal, one of my favorite ways to eat them is in this dish, which I created a couple weeks ago!

Have fun with them! :)

17 erica August 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm

love the family photo! so cute!
weekend plans…my nephew’s 4th bday party! other than that…not much ;p

18 Brenda August 22, 2010 at 12:17 am

Hello! First time posting, but I love your blog! I laughed for several minutes after reading the “shirt before the shirt” reference to Jersey Shore hahahahaha! So hilarious. Love that show. = )