A Little “Courtney Time”

by Courtney on August 30, 2010

Sometimes, you just need some “ME” time, and this weekend, that’s exactly what I did.

After posting on Saturday afternoon, I decided to take the rest of the weekend off from blogging to just relax and enjoy life. I didn’t want to be cooped up in front of my computer screen, because once I sit down and read one blog, it’s like a spiral effect and I’m glued to my seat forever. Rather, I wanted to be out enjoying the pool, not enjoying housework, and spending time with family and friends.

That doesn’t mean, however, that my camera was still in tow…I did still manage to take a few photos. I guess the “blogger” in me never fully takes a break. ;)

Some highlights:

Cuke, Tomato, Red Onion, & Feta salad

6 inch Turkey sub on Honey Oat bread from Subway (using my gift card from HLS – Yesss.) :)

Beverage :)

Baked tilapia dinner with corn, beans, & homemade corn bread

This morning, I made myself a breakfast that I have been waiting for ever since last Sunday…

AHHHHHH Oats in a Jar how I love you. :) I finally got my Blizzard Butter jar down to the perfect amount to finish off for some OIAJ last weekend, but I had to wait until now to enjoy them because,

A) we went to Vegas, and

B) we didn’t go grocery shopping until yesterday afternoon and I didn’t have any bananas or milk

It was worth the wait.

In the jar:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 sliced banana
  • golden raisins
  • cinnamon & nutmeg

Topped off with a little Bear Naked Fit granola.

And a mug of coffee (it’s supposed to be 90 degrees today and I made hot coffee…am I nuts? Nahh, it tasted fabulous.)

All together now…YUMMMM!!!

Obviously. ;)

Now I’m headed over to the hospital to try to get this foot looked at. :oops: It’s still just as sore and pretty swollen, so hopefully I’ll be able to get x-rayed and find out what’s up.

I just hope I don’t have to sit in the waiting room for too long. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Question for the Morning:

Have you ever broken a bone?

Have you ever had an injury that took a while to recover from?

1 Katie H. August 30, 2010 at 9:45 am

Oh I love your nail polish in that photo!

I hope your heel is okay. I’ve broken my wrist and both ankles, but that was in high school. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

2 Rachel August 30, 2010 at 9:51 am

Good for you for taking a break :) I hope the foot is ok!!!

3 Shanna, like Banana August 30, 2010 at 10:45 am

Oh no..good luck with the foot!

I have a cyst on my knee that won’t go away …argh. You can’t really see it, but it hinders my workouts, especially Bikram.

BB OIAJ? YUM!

4 Lauren August 30, 2010 at 11:02 am

A few years ago the horse I was caring for stomped on my foot – that took a while to heal! I documented it with pictures. It was very colorful, black and blue then purple then yellow.. it wasn’t broken but he definitely did some damage somewhere down there.

Hopefully your foot heals soon!

5 Hope August 30, 2010 at 11:10 am

I actually broke my little toe at the end of May. It hurt so incredibly bad! It took a really long time to heal and I still feel pain. I can’t wear certain shoes because of it pressing against my toe. You don’t really realize how much you need your little toe until it’s broken. :(

I hope you feel better!

6 Lizzy @ LBBakes August 30, 2010 at 11:21 am

Glad you took some ‘you’ time! I don’t know how you girls blog 2-3 times a day. I love reading, though, so feel free to keep it up. :)

I hope your foot turns out to be okay. I sprained my ankle 5 years ago and unfortunately, I think that entire leg is doomed for life! I get periodic injuries with that leg, and I blame it all on the darn ankle! I even went through PT with the sprain, but it still bugs me!

7 Kat August 30, 2010 at 11:25 am

I’ve never broken a bone(knock on wood ) but I did do a really bad number on my ankle once. When I was about 8 months pregnant, I sprained my ankle. It was such a bad injury that it took about 3 months to fully heal.

8 christina August 30, 2010 at 11:48 am

weird, you just reminded me that i dreamed about subway last night. how random! i’ve never broken a bone. phew!

9 Whitney August 30, 2010 at 11:53 am

I have not broken a bone but I did tear a ligament (acl)in my knee and had to have surgery. Rehab every day for 6 months to build it back up!!

By the way, I am a new reader.. love the blog! :)

10 Courtney August 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Thanks, Whitney! :)

11 Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) August 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Oh OIAJ! I had them on Saturday morning and completely renewed my love for them…if only I could get my hands on more empty nut butter jars!

I broke my collar bone when I was 18…and it took a long time to recover from…! Lots of PT and a v uncomfortable brace…boo! Hope all goes well today with the foot!

12 lisaou11 August 30, 2010 at 12:18 pm

what bone haven’t I broken?

Let’s see…both ankles at the same, broken heel bone (literally–ripped it in half), stress fractured both wrists, spiral fraction in my arm (upper bone)

and lots of torn ligaments and tendoms!

I get injured easily :)

13 Courtney August 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Oh good lord girl! Sounds like you’ve had it rough! Sheesh! :shock:

14 Jessica@tastyandtrim August 30, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I have been fortunate to have not broken any bones, but I suffered from really bad back problems growing up mainly caused by sports and had to visit a chiropractor 3 times a week. Giving my body a rest definitely helped :) I hope your appointment goes well!

15 Amy @ Second City Randomness August 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I’m totally envious of that blizzard butter. Totally.

I cracked my tailbone a few years ago. I slipped down my stairs one night after a night out. The pizza guy had just showed up and I was a little overexcited to get to the door. Couldn’t sit right for a week… ugh!

16 Courtney August 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm

You should order the Blizzard Butter online! It’s totally worth it. Totally. ;)

17 Angela August 30, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I live for Angela time – I actually rarely blog on the weekend because I can’t keep a consistent schedule.

I’ve never broken a bone or had a long healing injury (knock wood). I hope everything turns out to be okay!

18 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Good luck with the foot!! I’ll be sending good thoughts your way. :)

The cuke salad looks so good- I could use a good summer salad in my life after this weekend! I also love your nail polish! What color is it?

19 Courtney August 30, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Thanks! I wish I knew the exact color, but I just randomly picked it out when I got my manicure at the salon last week. It’s a color by OPI and I’m pretty sure it had the word “berries” in it. Haha :)

20 Hillary August 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm

That’s quite a perfect breakfast right there!

No, never broken a bone — knock on wood :)

21 Nienke at Revel August 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Good for you for taking some ‘me time’! I needed some time offline myself last week – and I totally know what you mean by the spiral effect of sitting down to read one or 2 blogs…

Good luck with your heel! Maybe this will teach you to lay off the chicken fighting for a while??

22 michele August 31, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I had to comment on your “beverage” photo – were you at the ValleyCats on Saturday night?? We were at the Saturday game and it looks like we sat in the same section, or at least very close!!

Hoping that foot heals up soon!! I was a competitive figure skater for years and years, and somehow managed to not break any bones doing it, however I’ve had quite a few nasty sprains over the years that had me off my feet for awhile.

23 Courtney August 31, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Yes I was at the ValleyCats game!! :) Love going for the fireworks nights!