Gettin’ My Veggies Back

by Courtney on August 30, 2010

I think it’s safe to say that throughout my entire week in Vegas last week, I probably consumed less than 4 servings of vegetables. As much as I enjoyed all of the delicious food that I ate, I was definitely missing all those extra nutrients!

Enter: A Big ‘Ol Grilled Chicken Salad

I took care of making the salads while Jay grilled up some barbeque marinated chicken that we had previously prepped and put in the freezer. It was one hefty piece, so we split it easily between the two of…I let hubby have a little extra after I saw the disappointment in his face about their only being one piece.

Do you not just LOVE all the colors in this bowl?!? My bowl included:

• Spring Mix Base
  • Cucumbers
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Red Onion
  • Green Pepper
  • Carrots
  • Corn (off the cob) ;)
  • Fat-Free Feta Cheese

I topped my salad with a drizzle of Ken’s Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, which is currently my absolute favorite. Yum! Jay and I also finished off the rest of the cornbread from last night, which I forgot to photograph. It looked a little somethin’ like this…

IMG_4563 but possibly a bit larger. ;)

I didn’t end up getting a chance to do any baking today, but maybe tomorrow. We’ll see how hot it gets. Boy, I’ll tell ya – as much as I love summer, this 90 degrees stuff is getting a little old. I’m ready to break out my fall decorations, light some spicy cinnamon & pumpkin candles, and start sippin’ on some delicious pumpkin flavored beverages. Both Starbucks AND Dunkin’ Donuts are rumored to have my favorite Pumpkin Spice beverages available…

I said I would NOT allow myself to delve into the world of pumpkin yumminess until September 1st…

Thank god it’s only 2 days away!! :mrgreen:

With all this talk about fall, we’ll make tonight’s Question:

What is your favorite thing about the fall season? Do you enjoy fall at all?

1 Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) August 30, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Lady you have more will power than I do…I broke into the pumpkin a few weeks ago! I couldn’t help it…I’m just SO ready for fall…and my oats and yogurt were calling out for that pumpkin! I cannot wait for fall…!

2 briana August 30, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Pumpkin flavored everything yummmmm

3 briana August 30, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Pumpkin anything I’m pretty excited for fall and changing leaves

4 Dorry August 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Fall is one of my favorite times of year for sure! I love the cooler temps, the sweaters and scarves, pumpkin everything and my birthday is in October. :) I hope you’ll bake a lot with pumpkin and share yummy recipes. :)

5 Courtney August 31, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Ohhh no doubt! ;)

6 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices August 30, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Court, I just re-capped your whole Vegas trip- I LOVE all of your photos :D I’ve heard of that frozen hot chocolate- I think it’s like the same thing, kind of, like in NYC? I have never tried it, but it looks O SO good!!
And, TOTAL bummer about your foot in the cast-type :( I’m sorry, but I’m so glad that nothing is broken!
SO excited for those pumpkin drinks@ Starbucks! Woohooo for almost fall!!

7 Courtney August 31, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Yes, it is the same place that’s in NYC. It’s good, but not worth $10! lol

8 Lizzy @ LBBakes August 30, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Well this is an easy question! Pumpkin is obviously the best part of fall. They might as well re-name the season in honor of it. :)

9 ellaroo88 August 30, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I know I’m already ready for Pumpkin! I went to the store to get a candle and had to settle for vanilla. Can’t wait for the day I can find Pumpkin. I wonder when it’ll return?

10 Courtney August 31, 2010 at 7:47 pm

It’s finally in my stores!

11 runningaroundnormal August 30, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I love hoodies and candles!
And I have a rule about pumpkin too. I’m going to trrryyyy and wait until the *end* of September. We’ll see if that works:)

12 Jen @ Jen is Green August 31, 2010 at 8:52 am

fall is my favorite. i love lighting my “autumn leaves” candle, making pumpin cupcakes and going apple picking. oh, and halloween. ahhh i can’t wait!!!

13 Kattrina August 31, 2010 at 10:16 am

My favorite thing about fall is high school football season. My brother-in-law in a coach and the entire family goes to his games every Friday night and then we gather at a restaurant afterward to much on some yummy food. I love the atmosphere of the games and getting together every week.

14 Courtney August 31, 2010 at 7:46 pm

That sounds like such a blast. I always wished our area had a bigger turnout for high school football. I’m a sucker for Varsity Blues. ;)

15 Sara August 31, 2010 at 10:59 am

I LOVE fall! Its my favorite time of year. Apple picking, pumkin picking, sweatshirt weather at night. Aaaahhh I can’t wait!