Getting The Ball Rollin’

by Courtney on September 7, 2010

Wow. Today has been non-stop ever since 8am this morning. :shock:

After my day at work, I had a couple errands to run on my own before meeting up with Jay at his work. This evening, we had an appointment with a kitchen designer so we can try to get the ball rolling on our kitchen remodel! :mrgreen: Even though it was just our initial meeting, I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am. (Insert “Happy Dance” here.)

The designer came up with some pretty sweet plans that will do a world of wonder for our existing space. One idea that she came up with, (which I probably would have never thought of) actually eliminates our kitchen table and includes an extended counter top to act as a table. I wasn’t quite sure about it at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I LOVE it!

Dinner

Since we didn’t leave from our appointment until almost 7, Jay and I were definitely in need of some dinner, FAST. We stopped by a local place that was recommended to us called Scarborough’s. Can I just say, I’m so glad we stopped by this joint!

I ordered the Chicken Bruschetta, which was olive oil and garlic toasted bread topped with chicken, artichoke hearts,fresh red tomatoes, Romano cheese & sun-dried tomatoes.

I think I finally lost count on how many times I must have said, “Oh my god, this is SO GOOD.”

The flavor in this dish was out of this WORLD. There’s just no other was to describe it. Absolutely perfect. :-D

Despite being pretty full from dinner, I still have a delicious Pumpkin Spice cake in my fridge that needed to be worked on…so a little dessert was in order to round out the evening.

When I made the Pumpkin Spice cupcakes over the weekend, I actually did half the recipe as cupcakes, and the other half in a 9-inch round cake pan. After slicing it in two, I filled and topped it with the remainder of the Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting. I love how the cake is really only one layer, but it still seems like a double layer cake. It’s so so good. :-D

I promise, the recipe will be coming your way this weekend!

I’m off to relax for a few before heading to bed. No more late late nights for this gal!

Question for the Night:

What time do you usually go to bed during the work week?

1 Lauren (Healthy Delicious) September 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm

So jealous of your kitchen remodel!! Do you have a separate dining room? If not, I’d give serious thought to the counter idea… just wondering how well that would go over when you try to sell?

2 Jess September 7, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Being a teacher and having to get up SO early, I try to be in bed between 9:30 & 10:00… It just makes me a happier person to be around!!

3 Jessica@tastyandtrim September 7, 2010 at 10:21 pm

That chicken bruschetta looks insanely delicious! The picture of that cake made me hungry! Honey cinnamon cream cheese sounds abolutely amazing :)

4 Shanna, like Banana September 7, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Great kitchen remodel! We have an open floor plan from kitchen to breakfast nook to dining area to living area. The kitchen is always a focal point ;)

I go to bed by 10 during the week cuz I’m cool like that ;)

5 erica September 7, 2010 at 11:57 pm

ahh, those kitchen design print outs are giving me flashbacks to my own kitchen remodel. good luck with that! it’s is truly and exciting, expensive, and sometimes frustrating process. ;p

i tell myself that i need to be in bed by 11, and i’ve been pretty good about it recently but the past few months have been pushing midnight-1am!!!

6 Britta September 8, 2010 at 4:16 am

I really wish there was a recipe for the bruschetta meal…I want to recreate it with eggplant!

For bed time we tend to shoot for 10, but never actually fall asleep until 11ish :/

Have fun recreating your kitchen!!! That’s gonna be soo much fun…especially decorating it!

7 Marg September 8, 2010 at 10:58 am

I go to sleep around 10:30 ish.

We have an extended island and love it! Much more social too if you’re entertaining. I think we hardly eat at our regular table.

8 atastelife September 8, 2010 at 11:12 am

I’m really lame and in bed by 9:30pm most week nights. Sometimes earlier. 4:30am wake up calls for a workout come way too soon if I don’t get to bed at a granny time.

9 Courtney September 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm

WOAH, 4:30?!? I’ve done 5am, but 4:30 just seems like a WHOLE other world! :shock:

10 Gabby September 8, 2010 at 11:32 am

Court- the remodel plans look great!! Did you guys go and meet with Kim?? If so , don’t you love her???

11 Courtney September 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm

YES! We did see Kim, she was awesome!