It’s Show Time + An Ask Me Anything!

This is it folks – it’s the big “First Day of School!” If only I had some snazzy Lisa Frank folders to tote along with me. 😉

I’m always pretty good at prepping food ahead of time towards the beginning of the year. It’s actually scary how organized I got myself last night:

• Clothes ironed and outfit + shoes laid out
  • Bags packed
  • Lunch made and packed
  • Breakfast prepped and ready to go
  • Coffee maker set to brew
  • Blog post half ready to go 😉

Breakfast

In preparation for my early morning, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to make some overnight oats.

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • Golden raisins
  • Cinnamon Date Manna Bread
  • Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie Spice (it IS that time of year now!)

Topped with a little PB2 and some Bear Naked Fit granola.

YUMM! 😛

Along with my overnight oats, I’m enjoying another delicious mug of Pumpkin Spice coffee. I still can’t get over the “amazingness” of this stuff. SO GOOD. 😀

Lunch

I prepped everything last night, making this morning’s lunch packing ridiculously easy. I wish I could say I know I’ll stick with this kind of on-the-ball routine all year long! :roll:

I put together a fresh mixed-veggie salad, complete with spring mix, cukes, grape tomatoes, red onion, carrots, & corn off the cob.

A slice of my whole wheat bread from The Fresh Market.

A pear, also from The Fresh Market (I really wish I could remember the name of this thing – does anyone else have an idea???)

I’m also packing a Pecan Pie Larabar with me, as I’m planning a trip to the gym after work and will definitely need a pre-workout snack.

Question for the Day:

Ask Me Anything!!

With the start of the new school year, it’s likely that my meal posts are probably going to be a little less frequent than they have been all summer. With that being said, I’m definitely going to be looking for some other topics that I’ll be able to schedule ahead of time.

So to start things off, I figured that now would be a great time to do another “Ask Me Anything” compilation. :) Feel free to comment on this post or e-mail me (sweettoothcourtney@gmail.com) with any questions you may have. *If you haven’t already checked out the Q&A’s page, go ahead and give it a peek!*

I’ll work on answering your questions throughout the week and post the answers periodically. Let’s have some FUN! 😀

Comments

1. Anna says

That’s an asian pear! Have a great first day of school! I remember those jitters (of mostly excitement, though!) well :)

I was just about to tell you that it is an asian pear, Anna beat me to the punch!

Lets see, I was wondering about the red in your highlights. How do you do red without looking silly (I like your color)?

Have a great first day

3. Sara says

Hi Courtney! If you don’t mind revealing, what is your height and weight, and about how many calories do you aim to eat daily?
    Thanks!

Ooh an apple (asian) pear! I’ve yet to try one of those!

I’m totally jealous of your pumpkin spice coffee.. I wish some store around here would carry it. *sigh*

Hey, I just bought a pecan pie larabar the other day! I haven’t eaten it yet, I hope its yummy!

Definitely an Asian pear. I am going to have to try adding pumpkin pie spice to overnight oats. I bet it is amazing!
    Question: how do you plan on teaching your children to eat healthy when you start a family?

6. Kate says

Hi! I recently found your blog, and I love all of your great recipe ideas (the oreo cookie bars were a HUGE hit in my house). My question is, how do you fit working out into your day? I work full time, and have grad. classes two nights a week, so I have a hard time getting motivated on the nights I don’t have class. Since you’re a teacher (I am a future teacher!), I know you must be super busy! What does a typical day look like for you? Thanks!

Good luck on your first day back! :)

A question about this post…what kind of container is your salad packed in? Looks like the perfect size and portable too!

Another question…How did Jay propose? :)

8. Amy says

My question is what Redkens products shampoo, cond, gel etc… do u use and do u use a straightening iron on ur hair? it always looks so smooth. And yes, I’d love to know as well how many calories u consume a day as I read u were a lower weight last year and I’m trying to put on muscle weight of about 8 pounds but I’m nervous about it.

9. Paige says

My question for you is: What are the best and worst things about living in your area of NY?

Also…have you thought about giving Cody a sibling (of the furry variety)?

I have a kind of stupid question, but I thought you might enjoy answering it… I know that you are about to be doing a home renovation so I am sure that money will become a little tighter, so I was just wondering what you will spend alot of money on no matter what the cost??

11. Kristine says

I was actually going to ask you this no matter what, so it is perfect that you are asking for questions! Do you put dressing on your salad? In this post it doesn’t look like it, so I was just wondering.

Also, do you think you will stay in NY forever? Do you and Jay see yourselves moving ever?!

Thanks! :)