It’s Football Season!

by Courtney on September 12, 2010

Today had all the components of a great gathering: food, friends, football…and cookie bars. ;)

Our crew gathered at Joe & Kate’s apartment this week to kick off our Football Sunday Rotation. We have such a great group!

The Host & Hostess :)

Brian & Mal

Dan & Meg (my brother is such a ham…)

Me & Jay :) Yes, I know the Jets weren’t playing today…we just like to support our team no matter what. We’re already getting ready for tomorrow Monday Night Football!!

Along with friends, there was definitely more than enough food to go around…

Healthified Guacamole (Jay actually took care of making this from start to finish! He did a great job on it…and he made sure everyone knew it, too.) ;)

Buffalo Chicken Dip – made by my brother, which I must say…was more than impressive! It was addictive to say the least.

Muddy Buddies! One of our Mal’s many specialties! :)

Pizza & wings…because really, what else goes better with the first Sunday of football season?

Well, Heath Bar Crunch cookie bars go pretty darn well. I’m just sayin’… ;)

I definitely had my fair share of good food today, and now I’m completely exhausted and ready for bed. I can barely keep my eyes open. :shock: G’Night!

Question for the Night:

What’s the best thing you ate today???

1 vitaminamy September 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Everything looks delicious! The best thing I ate today was the pumpkin muffin I had for breakfast :)

2 Joslyn @ missfitbliss September 12, 2010 at 9:36 pm

yum!

I’m kinda jealous. I can’t get into sports to save my life and I always think it’s so cool when people get into watching games.

I’m always that girl in the corner eating the food and commenting on the commercials;)

3 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 12, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I had a delicious Caprese salad today but have been craving some sort of cookie and those Heath bar crunch cookies bars look so good!

4 jessielu September 12, 2010 at 9:40 pm

belgian waffles!

5 ellaroo88 September 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I kind of ate boring food- but maybe my apple- twas a orchard apple

6 theprocessofhealing September 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I just found your blog through Tina’s and I’m loving it!!

The buffalo chicken dip sounds sooo good.. I love anything buffalo chicken!

The best thing I ate today was some sweet potato fries dipped in barbecue sauce.. sounds so weird but it’s sooo god!

7 Lizzy @ LBBakes September 12, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Pumpkin pancakes for breakfast! :)

8 Lauren September 12, 2010 at 10:13 pm

The best thing I ate today was.. mahi-mahi fajitas and this really awesome chipotle salsa sauce from El Barco (in Chicago) after watching some awesome modern dance!

9 Faith September 12, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hells yes for football and awesome friends! The best thing I ate today had to be my orange glazed green beans. The green beans themselves came out happily average but I’m loving the sauce that went on top of them!

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 12, 2010 at 10:26 pm

My Greek yogurt with fresh figs, walnuts and honey was pretty tasty!!

11 babs September 12, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Yum the bars look taaaaaaaaasty

12 Shanna, like Banana September 12, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Looks like such fun :)

I had some fabulous spaghetti squash..yummmmm

13 erica September 12, 2010 at 10:45 pm

the best thing i ate all day: 2 bites of a snickers bar.
best…but not best for me!

14 Brenda September 13, 2010 at 6:33 am

Pepperoni bread. Ooo that buffalo chicken dip is soooo gooood but sooooo bad, lol

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 13, 2010 at 8:51 am

Looks like such a fun evening!! And girl, you’re gorgeous- seriously, I always want to comment on it!!

Muddy buddies look like what I call Puppy Chow…and it’s the best stuff ever. Straight crack.

Hope you have a great day love!! xoxo

16 Lindsay September 13, 2010 at 9:43 am

I’m thinking you should post the recipe for those Heath Bars! They look fantastic! Oh-and Muddy Buddy’s always cause for a good time…no matter what the score is. I’ve been known to eat a whole batch :-)

17 Courtney September 13, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Make sure to check back tomorrow for that recipe! ;)