Too Much, Too Soon

by Courtney on September 14, 2010

For the past few days, my foot has been feeling really good. Very minimal to no pain, and I’ve been able to complete probably 98% of any exercise I’ve attempted (even though they’ve all been fairly low impact). With that in mind, I decided to switch up my routine at the gym this afternoon with a BodyAttack class. I hadn’t taken a BodyAttack class since the end of April, so I thought it would be a nice change of pace.

About halfway through, I started to feel some discomfort, but I told myself I was fine. I actually pushed myself through the entire hour long class, which probably was not my smartest move. :roll:

Too much too soon my friends, too much.

I really should have listened more carefully to what my body was trying to tell me, but I fell victim to the pressures of being in the middle of the class; I didn’t want to be the girl who has to up and leave halfway through the class. Obviously, that was stupid for me to even consider, but it definitely crossed my mind. Plus, the instructor is so completely motivating (she is phenomenal) that my adrenalin was pumpin’ and I didn’t want to leave!

Luckily this time, I know I’ll be fine. Yes, it’s a little more sore now than it was…I have myself to blame, and I’ll make sure to keep it a little more low-key. Lesson learned.

I guess I’m not too good at this waiting it out thing… :oops:

Dinner

After getting home and showering, it was time to get somethin’ in my belly! After scrounging around the fridge and freezer, I came up with a pretty killer bowl ‘o goodies.

I started out with this…

Added a crumbled up one of these

And came up with THIS!

I also threw in some leftover corn too…I thought it’d add some pretty color to the mix. ;)

I must say, I was quite impressed with how it turned out. Very tasty! And better yet, done in about 5 minutes…WOOT WOOT! :-D

I also had the other piece of Dill Wheat bread that Kate gave me from Sunday. Sooo yummy! Again, I have bread machine envy…

I gotta say, I am beyond giddy this evening…one of my favorite guilty pleasure shows, One Tree Hill is coming back on tonight!!!! (I didn’t even know if it was coming back at all!?!)

So if you need me, that’s where I’ll be…vegged out in front of the boob tube watching my show. :)

Question for the Night:

What TV shows are YOU looking forward to coming back (or starting up) this season??

Along with my One Tree Hill, Jay and I are wicked excited for tomorrow night’s ABC line up: In The Middle, Modern Family, & Cougar Town. It’s an hour and a half of non-stop laughter! :-P

1 jessielu September 14, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I’m excited for Private Practice! hope your foot feels okay:)

2 briana September 14, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Parenthood life unexpected and cougar town

3 Kat September 14, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I can’t wait for Bones and House!

4 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 14, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Desparate Housewives, CSI’s (hubby and I watch these together)

5 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 14, 2010 at 8:57 pm

I’m excited for Grey’s Anatomy, Fringe, and House!

6 CaSaundra September 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I love how fast & easy that dinner looks to throw together–I always like using frozen veggies as a base to a meal..it shortens it up a bit!

7 runrantrealize September 14, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I am excited for Glee, Bones, and well.. I have an addiction to The Bigest Loser so I am pretty excited for that one.

8 ellaroo88 September 14, 2010 at 9:45 pm

GLEE! I actually got into it this summer but decided I’d keep for the school year. I like having a weekly hour of brain off and Glee makes me happy

9 erica September 14, 2010 at 10:06 pm

vampire diaries and gossip girl.

10 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Modern Family and Glee! also Gossip Girl, but that’s already started.

11 Shanna, like Banana September 14, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Gossip Girl, 90210, Survivor, Vampire Diaries, Amazing Race…hmm, I watch a lot of tv!

12 The Pancake Girl September 14, 2010 at 11:15 pm

I just discovered your blog, and I love it- and your baking recipes!

I’ve definitely been in the same place with injuries and being impatient… hang in there!

-Joelle (The Pancake Girl)

13 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 15, 2010 at 7:44 am

Ahh I can’t believe One Tree Hill is even still on!!! It came out in what, 2002? I loved that show :) I’m most excited for Gossip Girl though!!

14 Amy September 15, 2010 at 8:42 am

Sons of Anarchy, Vampire Diarys, 90210, Dexter

15 Whitney September 15, 2010 at 9:49 am

LOVE Modern Family and DWTS!! Glad all the shows are starting back up! :)

16 kate September 15, 2010 at 12:53 pm

i’m so guilty of doing too much too soon too! it’s tough sometimes to sit out things you really want to do! not fair. i hope your foot feels better soon, i’m sure you must be getting frustrated.
i used to adore oth but i stopped watching it after lucas and peyton left the show. i’m sure it’s still good but…it’s just not the same in my eyes. i was so excited to find out yesterday that gossip girl was back on! SUCH a guilty pleasure! i love that show! made me one very happy girl yesterday :)

17 Jessica September 16, 2010 at 3:14 pm

This week has been crazy school-wise, but I am soooo excited to catch up on this week’s one tree hill premiere!! lovee me some nathan. haha!

i’m also a big grey’s anatomy & cougar town fan (so hilarious! and i heard jennifer aniston is making a cameo this season!!)….along with a few others :)

That lunch looks delicious! The morningstar black bean burgers are sooo good!