I Chickened Out

by Courtney on September 16, 2010

Howdy! :)

I hope everyone’s day is off to a smooth start. I know that mine didn’t start off as planned…

I have a confession to make: I actually chickened out on the BodyPump class. :shock: It had nothing to do with the class itself; I was just super nervous that I wouldn’t make it to work on time, the showers would be full, etc. PLUS, I didn’t make it into bed last night until almost 11pm, so a 4:45 alarm was not sounding all that appealing. Instead, I slept an extra 30 minutes, got up, and tried out a new workout from Exercise on Demand: Kickboxing Bootcamp.

It was a 50 minute workout, and it totally kicked my boo-tayyy! WOW! I’m positive that I got a better workout doing that then BodyPump, so I was stoked. :-D

Lunch

Thanks to my leftover chicken from last night’s dinner, today’s lunch was prepped and ready to go in no time.

One of my favorites: An “Empty Out The Veggie Drawer” kinda salad.

• Spring mix
  • Broccoli
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Corn
  • Red Onion
  • Carrots
  • Leftover roasted zucchini
  • Italian grilled chicken
  • Athenos reduced-fat Feta cheese

I have high hopes for this bad boy. :-D

I also packed myself a fresh pear and an un-photographed mini cashew cookie larabar, just in case hunger strikes. ;)

After work today, Jay and I are headed to check out some more kitchen stuff! :-D

Question for the Afternoon:

When’s the last time you switched up your workout plan for the better?

1 jessielu September 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I wouldn’t call that chickening out, you still got a great workout in:) My workouts are never as good when I’m worried about getting somewhere on time.

2 Carrie September 16, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I started taking dance classes to get a more interesting workout. I’ve noticed that it’s a better form of exercise for me most of the time because I get so bored! I stay more engaged and pay more attention to what I’m doing now.

3 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 16, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I have a foot problem so I had to quit running and turn to yoga. I was bummed that I wouldn’t get a good work out from it but boy, was I wrong! It’s one of my favorite exercises that I do every day now!

4 Jessica@tastyandtrim September 16, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Since moving to the city for school, I walk about 2 miles a day to and from classes if not more and if I decide to leave my apartment to run an errand that’s another couple of miles. That being said, I scaled back on my workouts a bit and concentrated more on the elliptical rather than running to make sure I don’t overwork myself. I have felt so much better since the switch and notice a huge difference in my energy levels.

5 studentofhealthyliving September 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I started switching up the routine by starting yoga! And to reflect on your previous post before this one, it allows me to have me time and just quiet my mind. Love it!

6 Katie September 16, 2010 at 9:53 pm

That big veggie bowl looks like something that I definitely need in my diet! I love how you threw in the grilled chicken too for some added protein :) YUM!

7 Elizabeth September 16, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I started taking karate 3 months ago which just may be the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I’ve finally found something that’s great for stress relief, exercise, teaches me self-defense and is lots of fun. Everyone should give it a try!