Lots of Yummm!

by Courtney on September 18, 2010

Productive Saturday mornings really make me smile. :-D But first, before I get to this morning, let’s back track a little bit to last night. A have evening + morning of yummy eats!

Being the first Friday after my first full week of teaching, I guess you could say that I was more than exhausted. The thought of doing anything besides chillin’ on my couch was definitely out of the question. To be honest, I really wasn’t in the mood to cook anything for dinner either, but knowing that we’ll probably be going out to dinner tonight, I figured it would be in our best interest to eat in.

So what do you make on a Friday night when you want dinner done in less than 20 minutes?

PIZZA!!

Instead of fighting with the rolling out of a pizza dough, we took the easy route with some Boboli Whole Wheat thin crust mini pizzas. And because we can never decide which kinds we want, we make enough for a small army. :)

Before heading into the oven…

Broccoli, peppers, onions, & tomatoes

Barbecue chicken

Fresh out of the oven! Mmmmm. :-P

I enjoyed a slice of each for dinner. Usually when we make pizza, we’ll usually have some side salads to go with them, but we were unfortunately fresh out of lettuce. Oh well…too much effort anyways. ;)

It’s tough to pick a favorite – they were ALL delicious!

Saturday

Jay had to be up early for work, so I decided to follow suit and make my way to the gym for an early workout. Before leaving, I snacked on a honey graham Clif Z Bar. Side note: I really want to try the “Spooky S’Mores” flavor, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere?!?!

At the gym, I completed 45 minutes on the elliptical, covering 6.5 miles, followed by 10 minutes on the Stair Master. I really despise that Stair Master…yet, I keep coming back to it. ;) Nonetheless, it was a GREAT workout.

After the gym, I made a quick stop down to the Farmers Market. It was an absolutely beautiful morning for it!

While sipping on a delicious Pumpkin Pie flavored coffee from my fave Flavour Cafe,

I browsed the market, picking up some carrots, zucchini, basil, tomatoes, apple cider, Plain Jane Creamy PB, and some fresh bread…

…which I immediately broke into for breakfast as soon as I got home. Spread with some White Chocolate Wonderful PB…amaaaaaazing. :-D

I also enjoyed a honey flavored Chobani, topped with a fresh diced pear, a sprinkling of cinnamon & nutmeg, and the last of my Bear Naked Fit granola.

The addition of cinnamon & nutmeg really makes such a difference. If you haven’t tried it, I’d definitely recommend it.

Deeeeelicious!

Time to go take advantage of this beautiful Saturday! Hope you’re all having a great morning. :)

Question for the Day:

Do you usually sleep in on weekends, or do you try to keep a regular schedule from the workweek?

1 Chicago Cuisine Critique September 18, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Those pizzas look delicious (as usual). Glad to see you have had a productive morning. I unfortunately have yet to leave my couch. It’s disgusting here.

2 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com September 18, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Love to get up early on the weekends so I can get the most out of my day. And yum – that yogurt looks fabulous.

3 Tina September 18, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I tried the spooky smores flavor yesterday and it was so yummy, it tasted exactly like smores. It brought back childhood memories!! It was the first time I tried a clif z bar too. Enjoy your weekend :)

4 Sana September 18, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I sleep in! That bbq chicken pizza looks soooo amazing!

5 Chelsea September 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I stumbled upon the s’mores flavor at the Latham Price Chopper!

6 Courtney September 18, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Really?!?! Thanks Chelsea! I’m SO checking into that. :)

7 Leslie September 18, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I have been finding the Smores Zbars at Trader Joe’s and whole foods, they are so yummy!!

8 jessielu September 18, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I try to set an alarm on Saturday and get up at about the same time as during the week and give my self a little break on Sunday:)

And BBQ chicken pizza is the best!

9 Mandee September 18, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I don’t know if you have stop and shop near you, but they have the smores bars! And I sleep in just a little! My body wakes me up around the same time anyway.

10 Vanessa September 18, 2010 at 5:07 pm

I totally understand being tired. I am a teacher too! We just completed our first 6weeks on Friday. I wish we started later like you. Anyways, on Sat. I usually don’t sleep in too much because that’s my long run. Good luck w/your class. Hope they are sweeties and smarties.

11 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 18, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I try to sleep in but my kids don’t usually let me. I usually sleep in about an hour or less longer than during the weekdays.

12 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 18, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I always sleep in even though I tell myself I don’t want to. I stay up super late though so it’s practically impossible for me to get up early.

13 justjac September 19, 2010 at 2:27 am

Mmmm, love homemade pizza! Have you tried the dough from Trader JOes? Really easy and totally yum! I love bbq pizza too, except I’m a vegetarian so maybe.. bbq tofu?? Idk I think it might work! ;D

14 Courtney September 19, 2010 at 9:03 am

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Trader Joes anywhere even REMOTELY close to me! :(

15 runningaroundnormal September 19, 2010 at 7:48 am

What a beautiful farmer’s market! Nice job on the early morning workout!
I’m typically an early rise no matter the day!

16 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 19, 2010 at 9:02 am

I love making my own pizza. You’re right, looks like it’s hard to pick a favorite ;)

17 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices September 19, 2010 at 10:36 am

I’ll be hunting for the S’mores flavor for ya :D Sometimes we have a lot of those Clif z bar flavors @ the Publix near me.

18 Courtney September 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm

YUMMMMM!!! The only kinds I can find around me that are sold in singles are Honey Graham, Blueberry, & Apple Cinnamon :(

19 christina September 20, 2010 at 12:07 am

let me know if you can’t find the smores bar…it’s just smores at my whole foods, not the spooky s’mores. i’m sure it’s just a seasonal change in the label/name. i’ll send you some if you need me to! :)

20 christina September 20, 2010 at 12:07 am

i can’t find the apple cinnamon!!

21 CaSaundra September 20, 2010 at 8:27 am

I just realized something crazy–I don’t think I’ve ever had broccoli on pizza before. Tragedy!

22 Samantha Robertson September 20, 2010 at 11:58 am

I got my S’more Cliff ZBars at SuperTarget! For a pretty good price too.

23 wnk505 September 20, 2010 at 1:56 pm

what’s on your bbq pizza? I love the honey graham z bars they are soo soo good.

I usually try to get up by 8 a.m. on the weekends unless I am trying to sleep sleep I won’t let myself out of bed until 9

24 Courtney September 20, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Just a little minced garlic on the crust, red onions, grilled chicken, barbecue sauce, and mozz cheese! Simple and yummy! :)