Decadence for Breakfast

by Courtney on September 20, 2010

Iiiiit’s Monday my friends! Are you ready for it?!? ;)

I got my Monday started off on the right foot with a sweaty workout. This morning’s workout came, again, in the form of a another awesome Exercise on Demand video: Cardio Sculpt by Jeanette Jennings. This is the second video I’ve tried by her, and I’m totally lovin’ it. She really kicks my booo-tayy! :shock:

As good as today’s workout was, I couldn’t help but feel somewhat bummed; yesterday was the day I was supposed to be running in the Warrior Dash, which I was beyond excited to do. I didn’t think it would be too smart of me to make my first attempt back at running so hardcore, so I didn’t participate. Even worse, I missed the deadline to transfer over my registration, so I couldn’t even get a refund. UGHH! :-x At least I was still able to live vicariously through Jen, by reading her post on the race, which she ran with her boyfriend. Great job, Jen! :)

Breakfast

Since I tried a new workout this morning, why not try a new breakfast?? I picked up some Van’s waffles at the store yesterday, and have been psyched to try them out since. I’d really been craving frozen waffles lately! :-D

I toasted up two waffles, and topped ‘em off with a pumpkin + plain Oikos Greek yogurt combo, 1 tbsp PB2, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some banana slices…

It looks soooo decadent, yet I guess the entire plate to be about 300 calories?

Then the heavens opened up… “Oh myyyyyyyy…” Absolutely AMAZING! Van’s, where have you been all of my life?!? :)

Now THIS is a way to start off a Monday morning! Along with some Almond Amaretto coffee, of course. ;)

Lunch

Lunch today was super quick to prepare, thanks to some leftovers from yesterday’s football spread. I will admit though, I think I may miss my “Monday Usual” just a little bit today. Perhaps this week it will have to be the “Tuesday Usual?” ;)

Some more Roasted Eggplant & Feta Dip + pita chips. (I am still sooo happy I decided to make this recipe…it’s SO good!!)

Leftover veggies, which definitely are not as fun to look at when they’re packaged in a sandwich baggie. I really miss being able to set up my lunches nice and pretty. :(

All packed up, along with some strawberry Greek yogurt.

Hope you all have a great start to your Monday!! :-D

1 CaSaundra September 20, 2010 at 8:23 am

I love frozen waffles!! I remember eating blueberry Ego waffles when I was younger. Now you have me craving waffles–not a bad thing :-)

2 briana September 20, 2010 at 8:57 am

So, I was wondering I sometimes do exercise on demand when I’m crunched for time as well and I find they are mostly sculpting. I took Jillians sculpting this a.m Do you think it gives you a great workout without a bunch of cardio?

3 Courtney September 20, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Definitely!!!
I usually try to choose videos that keep me moving for the entire duration. That way, I still do get the cardio…it just doesn’t seem as obvious as say, a run would.

4 Liz @ LBBakes September 20, 2010 at 9:12 am

Those waffles look great! I wish I had one right now. I ate breakfast an hour ago and I need a second breakfast already. :(

5 jessielu September 20, 2010 at 11:18 am

Those waffles look great!

6 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic September 20, 2010 at 11:38 am

I’ve never tried Van’s waffles before but that breakfast certainly looks yummy!

7 Hope September 20, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love Van’s waffles! They are so good!

8 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 20, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Your waffles look so good! I think I may have to check out those On Demand Exercise videos too to get more variety

9 Carrie September 20, 2010 at 12:38 pm

My new favorite lunch is the cartons of organic soup. They last me about 4-5 lunches and they’re only $2.50 most of the time. I always supplement them with a salad or half a sammich. I admire that you can eat raw broccoli, I never could. I love broccoli, but I can’t stand the way it feels raw.

10 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 20, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Love the waffles! The toppings look like flowers :)

11 Ashley@Quasichick September 20, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Your lunch looks like mine! I always have 3 or 4 plastic containers…my coworkers are always intrigued to see what I brought for lunch!
Have to love eating in a cafeteria with 200 kids…

12 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 7, 2011 at 1:19 am

love love Van’s. I eat them ~2x/week :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Vitamin D Therapy