Happy Fall!! (+ A Granola Blondie Winner)

HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!!! :-D

I just wish it felt a little more like fall…80+ degrees today?!? C’mon Mother Nature…I’m ready for cozy sweaters and my UGGS!

Ok ok, I know what you’re waiting for. Did you all dream about Granola Blondies like I did?!? :)

Well, the lucky winner of these delicious little gems IS…

blondie winner

Congratulations Mackenzie! :-D

Please e-mail me with your shipping info so I can get these babies out to you!

I’m thinking I may need to make a double batch of these…too tempting to have right in front of me without getting a little nibble. ;)

Workout

This morning, I was craving a little less intense of a workout, so Pilates was the name of the game. I did my favorite On The Ball Pilates DVD, which I apparently haven’t done in a while. It’s always a little more difficult when I take some time away from it…but in a good way of course. ;)

Breakfast

In honor of the new fall season, I found it only fitting to incorporate a little pumpkin into breakfast. Are you even surprised? :)

Thanks to the perfect serving size being left in my large Oikos container, that meant less dishes to use. Can’t beat that!

Today, I combined:

• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (approx?)
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin (all I had left!) :(
  • 1/2 sliced banana
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • crumbled pumpkin muffin (the last one…need to make these ASAP!)
  • small handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares

So much goodness in one bowl…what’s a girl to do???

She gets MESSY! :shock:

Now there is one “Hot Yogurt Mess” for ya! ;)

Along with my pumpkin yogurt, I’ll be sippin’ on a delicious mug of my Pumpkin Spice coffee, complete with a tiny sprinkling of more pumpkin pie spice. Ohhh good god, somebody stop me! :-D

In honor of today’s new Fall season, let’s make today’s Question a FUN one! You might remember I did this back with the first day of Summer, so why not keep the game goin? :)

Question for the Morning:

What does FALL mean to you? Say it in a poem!…

Fun, festive decor

Apple picking!

Lots of PUMPKIN food and drinks

Leaf raking…UGHH :shock:

Have FUN with this one!! :-D

Comments

Fall for me is crisp cool weather and wonderful apples! I also enjoy the colors and the school spirit. It makes me miss cross country even 4 years after high school. Fall is a great time to remember the beauty of the world

Congrats to the winner!! Erm, I suck at poems, but here goes:

Fall, fall, I hate when you come.
    It means I’m out of the summer sun,
    I could take you of leave you, but if I do take
    I’d eat lots of pumpkin, with plenty to bake!

Told you I suck at poems…and clearly, I’m much more of a summer girl!! Hope you have a great hump day!

I know I told you this yesterday, but totally love the new layout.

Apple crisp in my belly,
    I’ll take the remaining apples and turn them to jelly!
    I love decorating with mums and haystacks,
    Don’t hate on me,
    These are the facts!
    And, oh, how can we forget the pumpkin?
    No better time to be a country bumpkin?

Did I really just write that? Haha!

4. peanutbutterfingers says

i’m always up for a little acrostic poem fun! :)

F reakin’ extatic for cooler weather
    A pple cider, apple pie, apple juice
    L ayers of clothes
    L ots of family time – Thanksgiving!!!

Let’s see what I can pull together on a rainy Wednesday morning…

This is my favorite time of year
    When I enjoy everything pumpkin (except beer),
    I do lots of running
    Because holidays are coming,
    And eat apple crisp ’til I want to cheer!

Woot, I love limericks. ;)

It’s that time of year
    when snow is near
    anticipate skiing
    a sport that’s so freeing

Eat pecan pies
    Pull out the mittens
    under overcast skies
    and snuggle with kittens

Best I could do, it’s sort of fall-y.

Totally copying Liz’s poem and re-working to make my own. Hope you don’t mind Liz. :)

This is my favorite time of year
    When I enjoy everything pumpkin (ESPECIALLY beer),
    I do lots of BIKING
    Because holidays are coming,
    And eat apple crisp AND CANDY CORN ’til I want to cheer!

8. Vanessa says

F is for family, friends and food
    A is for apple so sweet
    L is for long runs on the trail
    L is for love of baking and eating fallish foods!

your yogurt mess looks delicious. Makes me want one right now.

Orange, brown, yellow, and red
    All of the colors engulf my head
    Remind me of delicious food
    Never failing to put me in a good mood

Do you count calories/fats, etc. at all or just “try to eat healthy” and it kind of all falls together? I’ve found that doing that (when I switched to clean eating) I started gaining because what’s always organic, natural and “good for you” is also often full of calories & fats! Just curious because you make so many yummy things but many seem a little high in calorie/fat content; however, you may be able to do it with portion control & style of eating and not counting calories/fat/fiber at the same time? Just wondering!?