Pumpkin Addicts Anonymous?

by Courtney on September 22, 2010

In honor of it being the official first day of FALL, I saw no other choice but to continue to incorporate some pumpkin into today’s mid-day meal. :) I may be lacking in variety today, but certainly not in flavor!

My pumpkin-licious bowl includes:

• 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup (?) unsweetened applesauce
  • raisins
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin pie spice

I’m starting to wonder if they have a group for pumpkin addicts…forget AA, I need PAA: Pumpkin Addicts Anonymous ;)

On second thought…nahhhhh. I may be obsessed with pumpkin, but I’m darn proud of it! :mrgreen:

A pretty pear is also making a debut with lunch…

Along with some baby carrots + grape tomatoes with hommus.

It’s a triple YUM lunch today!!

My positive thought for this afternoon: We’re officially halfway to Friday!! :-D

1 Faith September 22, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Love that thought! SO ready for the weekend already!

2 Angela September 22, 2010 at 12:38 pm

So happy its Wednesday! Getting past the hump is the highlight of my week. That pumpkin bowl looks delish and nothing wrong with a little addiction, who doesn’t love pumpkin?

3 Lauren September 22, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I stole one of your ideas and made some pumpkin spice coffee this morning. Yum!

4 Julia September 22, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Love, love, LOVE the pumpkin :)

5 lisaou11 September 22, 2010 at 2:48 pm

OMG look at your blog! how long has it been like this? LOVE it! Who did it?! I must know :).

Actually, pumpkin is overrated to me. Pumpkin bread is about all I do :)

6 Courtney September 22, 2010 at 9:30 pm

The Blog Fairy did it – she was fantastic!! :)

7 Carrie September 22, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I couldn’t stop thinking about pumpkin since it’s all over the blogosphere right now, so I made myself pumpkin mousse last night, it’s totally as great as it sounds.

8 Tina September 22, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I have to say I loooooove the new look! Its perfect for you. I really want a blog makeover sometime soon.

9 Laura (Starloz) September 22, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Pumpkin pie spice, hmmmm, i’ll be searching for it now

10 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 22, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I keep seeing pumpkin all over the blogosphere and I can’t find any! Wahh!

11 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 22, 2010 at 10:17 pm

I would definitely be part of PAA if it existed :D

12 CaSaundra September 23, 2010 at 8:56 am

I think there should be a pumpkin’s anonymous–I’d sure participate haha!

13 CK September 23, 2010 at 10:57 am

Dear pumpkin lover… saw this, thought of you:

14 Courtney September 23, 2010 at 11:09 pm

YUMMMM!!! Thank You! :-P

15 studentofhealthyliving September 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Hello my name is Stacy, and I too am a pumpkin addict :) I obtained 3 cans of it Monday, have had everyday since. And plan to have it everyday until I get sick of it. Which is very unlikely considering it is so delicious, and you can do so much with it!

16 Courtney September 23, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Hahaha, LOVE it!! :)

17 Regan November 16, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Hello,

We are the “Freaky Eaters” casting team. After a very successful first season, we are back to help more people. We are offering free help to adults who suffer from food addictions, phobias and disorders.

Our team of qualified experts, Therapist, Dr. Mike Dow and Nutrition Specialist, JJ Virgin work together to develop a number of techniques to help each person overcome their emotional as well as physical problems to develop a healthier diet.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL AND HELP US HELP OTHERS,

YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS SUFFERING FROM FOOD ISSUES SO SPREAD THE WORD!

Rest assured we take anonymous submissions from concerned family and friends. If you or someone you know needs help with their food issue, or you simply want to know more about our show please do not hesitate to reach out to us via phone or email. We have also attached a flyer to this email with additional information.

Regards,