I’m Such An Easy Read…

by Courtney on September 23, 2010

Ahhhh boy…my friends, please forgive me for the extreme lack of variety in my food this week. Hopefully the abundance of pumpkin, and repeat “Monday Usuals” aren’t boring you to death. I’ll tell ya…it’ll be so nice come this weekend when I actually have more than 10 minutes to devote to a meal! Talk about being a busy bee! :shock:

So did you already guess what’s on the menu for lunch today?

What’s that you say? The “Usual?”…I’m such an easy read sometimes. ;)

I still did what I could to try to mix things up at least a little bit.

A vanilla flavored Chobani with some strawberries + 1/2 a sliced banana + about 1/4 low-fat granola for mixin’ :-P

I also have this very special treat headin’ to work with me today. I still can’t get over how much the Cookie Dough Larabars taste like actual cookie dough?!? AMAZING!

Got some free time on your hands today? Check out these articles that might be of interest…there’s some good ones!

No Cook Breakfasts For Busy Mornings (Eating Well)

Quick Packable Low-Cal Lunches (Eating Well)

The Bad Girl’s Guide to Good Health (Women’s Health)

Bust Treadmill Boredom (Women’s Health)

Question for the Afternoon:

I NEED YOUR HELP! I want to make a good SOUP/CHOWDER recipe this weekend…

Do you have any healthy soup/chowder recipes that you love and want to share??? :)

1 Carrie September 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Hmmm, never made chowder. I’m partial to homemade tomato soup (http://www.achocolatecoveredtodolist.com/2009/10/fresh-tomato-soup/) and carrot soup. *Love* carrot soup. I don’t have a recipe on me, but there are millions out there, it’s pretty basic.

2 laura September 23, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Where on earth did you find those larabars? I’ve been dying to try them and can’t find them ANYWHERE.

3 Courtney September 23, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Surprisingly enough, my local Price Chopper in Brunswick!

4 Kristen D September 23, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Rachael Ray’s: Toasted Orzo Chicken Soup

i added extra veggies and it was amazing!

5 Steph September 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I love Eating Well’s ravioli and vegetable soup (http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ravioli_vegetable_soup.html). It’s got a little kick thanks to the fire-roasted tomatoes and its very filling. Also, I use fresh veggies rather than frozen ones, but either will do i suppose

If you like a thicker soup/stew, reduce/omit the amount of water added to the soup.

Enjoy :)

6 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I just made a tasty bean and barley soup the other day (except i had no barley so I used bulgur). I posted the recipe on my site.

7 Lauren @ Healthy Delicious September 23, 2010 at 2:19 pm

My most recent post is a for a crab and corn chowder.. it’s one of our favorites and is really healthy too!

8 Courtney September 23, 2010 at 11:07 pm

YES, I already have it bookmarked!! It’s actually what got me starting to think about chowder :)

9 Paige September 23, 2010 at 2:24 pm
10 Jen @ Jen is Green September 23, 2010 at 2:36 pm

pumpkin soup! I think neverhomemaker had a good recipe that i’ve been DYING to try. I’ve never made soup before so I’m kind of intimidated, but it sounds easy enough.

11 Liz @ Blog is the New Black September 23, 2010 at 3:14 pm

The new layout looks great! :)

12 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices September 23, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I hope the open house went well/ is going well!!
I’m thinking of you :D

13 Laura (Starloz) September 23, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Oooh, larabars. ive only got 5 left & i’m uber sad!

i’ve just made a chicken & sweet corn soup that was YUMMY – http://starloz.com/2010/09/20/soup-fluff

14 Nicole September 23, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I have 2! Corn chowdahhhh – I think of it more of a summer soup but its really good this time of year since you use fresh corn on the cob! mmm I didn’t think I would like it and love it! And the second, Chicken Chick pea chili! I’m going to make it hopefully tomorrow! both healthy Weight watcher recipes!

15 Jessica September 23, 2010 at 10:07 pm

I love the new look of your website..I have been looking for the cookie dough Larabars and can’t find them. Where did you buy yours?

16 Courtney September 23, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Thank You! I found them at my local Price Chopper in Brunswick. :)

17 Charlie September 23, 2010 at 10:39 pm
18 Shayla September 23, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I know you love pumpkin and I made tonight a pumpkin soup with pan-fried scallops and hazelnuts! So delicious and super easy! The soup came out thick, sweet and creamy and the scallops and hazelnuts were such a wonderful component to the soup – you must try it and my hubby loved it too! It’s in the most recent Women’s Health magazine (with Carrie Underwood on the cover). It may be on their website or just pick up the issue – its a must have recipe!!
Shayla

19 Courtney September 24, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh my gosh, that sounds fantastic! I’m definitely looking into that…thanks!!!

20 CaSaundra September 25, 2010 at 8:39 am

Strawberries and banana are a fail-proof combo in my book!