Another Fall Favorite Indulgence…

by Courtney on September 27, 2010

Ahhhhhhh….

That’s the sound of me finally sitting down on my comfy couch after a long, dreary, rainy Monday. I’d been looking forward to parking myself on this bad boy ever since I left the house for work this morning. There’s just something about a rainy day + my comfy sweats and cozy couch. ;)

Tonight’s dinner was super easy, thanks to some leftover Baked Pasta with Pumpkin, Roasted Veggies, & Chicken that I reheated from Saturday.

Jay was not too thrilled after reading Saturday’s post that I was a little sneaky with his meal. :shock: I know I should have told him about the added pumpkin, BUT I also knew that he would have made faces and complained the entire meal… :roll:

SO, rather than listen to him bust my chops, I decided to let him find out after the fact…but I have since promised to tell him if there’s any “sneaky ingredients” in his meals. :oops:

Mmmm, just as good the second time around. :-D And just like Saturday, I served it alongside some simple mixed greens, but with a little added feta cheese. Absolutely scrumptious!

Immediately after dinner, the sweet tooth was in full swing, so I dug into some of THESE:

Healthy living blog, what?!? ;)

Along with pumpkin, apples, and cinnamon spiced beverages, candy corn is another fall favorite of mine that I just cannot give up. Sometimes I switch it up and go with the Autumn Mix (even though the ones with the chocolate bottoms aren’t my favorite) but I will forever be devoted to the Brach’s brand. I’ve tried others, but they just don’t compare!

Considering I actually bought this bag almost a week ago, I’m surprised it’s taken me so long to open it! You can bet that there will be a few more pieces of that mix consumed before the evening is over.

Tonight will be spent relaxing on the couch with my favorite boys, while laughing my butt off with some How I Met Your Mother & Rules of Engagement. :-D

Question for the Night:

Do you like candy corn??

1 ellaroo88 September 27, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Yep I Love candy corn! Pumpkins are my favorite! I have some in my freezer because if not I’ll eat them like popcorn. It take more thought if I have to microwave them :)

2 Katie G September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm

great suggestion ellaroo! i’ll try this!

3 Amy @ VitaminAmy September 27, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Mmm autumn mix!! I think the pumpkin’s are my favorite :)

4 jessielu September 27, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I don’t like candy corn actually. I don’t really know why!

5 yeidy September 27, 2010 at 7:52 pm

This is the silliest question but I have been reading your blong only two weeks and I hear you mention exercise on demand often and I am intrigued – how does it work ? do you enter your credit card when you feel like it and get the video downloaded to your laptop instantly or iis it like a huge collection of dvd’s you have?
also if you exercise in the am real early how do you not disturb the husband by kicking around. Sometimes I want to do a work out dvd before going to work but I have a roommate in the other room and I dont want to wake her up by doing a work out in my living room and my bedroom is so small id be kicking the dresser and edge of the bed if I exercise there. any ideas?

6 Courtney September 27, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Exercise on Demand is actually offered through my cable company and is basically a channel on my TV. Although the vary what’s offered month by month, they always have a HUGE variety of videos to watch. It’s included in my regular cable bill, so it doesn’t cost anything extra. It’s really great for an early morning workout when I don’t quite have the time to make it to the gym.
Fortunately, working out in our living room doesn’t disturb the hubby. We sleep with fans running in our bedroom, which pretty much drowns out the sound. I also make sure to close the door over and keep the volume of the TV down really low, so no disturbances! :)

7 Shanna, Like Banana September 27, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I’m eating a healthy handful right now!

8 Jessica September 27, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I just bought that Autumn Mix tonight at Target! Too funny…The pumpkins are my favorite!

9 erica September 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm

omg, i LOVE candy corn! i don’t know very many people who do so i get super excited when i fine more candy corn lovers!!!

10 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ September 27, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I’m not over the top crazy for Candy Corn but I’ll indulge in the occasional piece in honor of the Halloween season. In fact, I had a handful this past weekend that should hold me over for the year.

My husband – on the other – is addicted to the stuff. We balance each other out I guess. :)

11 Liz @ LBBakes September 27, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I love candy corn! This year I’m playng a game with myself – not allowed to buy it ’til October. Yayyy October is this week!!

12 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 27, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I like candy corn but I don’t love it. I can’t stand the big pumpkins though. To me they taste horrible!

13 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 27, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I never liked candy corn. The texture really grosses me out. Really digging your leftover dinner though! :)

14 Stephanie @ Off the Eaten Path September 27, 2010 at 11:03 pm

LOVE your website…HATE candy corn…blech…lol!

15 Erin September 27, 2010 at 11:07 pm

I LOVE candy corn and for some reason I think the pumpkins taste better than regular candy corn although I’m more than happy eating both. Try it with a few pretzels – the sweet/salty combination is absolutely wonderful!!

16 yeidy September 28, 2010 at 1:41 am

oh ok great option thanks!

17 CaSaundra September 28, 2010 at 8:33 am

Oo I am actually a huge fan of candy corn too!! Target sells the best variations..s’mores, pumpkin pie, and a bunch of other flavors!

18 Teri [a foodie stays fit] September 28, 2010 at 9:08 am

I love the pumpkins best! And Brach’s really is the best. I accidentally bought the Autum Mix and picked out all the pumpkins and regular candy corns, so now there is a half-eaten bag with only the chocolate bottom pieces remaining. I might as well throw it out. :)

19 Katie G September 28, 2010 at 5:06 pm

i do the same thing!

20 Lauren September 28, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I love candy corn mixed with roasted, salted peanuts. It’s sooo addicting!

21 studentofhealthyliving September 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm

By far the pumpkins are the best. I don’t like the ones with chocolate either, I avoid them at all costs :) Leave those for the hubby. Rainy days are the best for sipping hot cocoa, comfy sweatpants, fleece blanky, and watching movies/shows :)

22 Katie G September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I just wrote a post about Candy Corn the other day! I love it so much, the regular yellow bottoms are my favorite. I haven’t bought a bag yet because I will eat the whole thing in one sitting!! I love ellroo’s tip on putting them in the freezer, i’ll try that!

23 Karen September 28, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I LOVE candy corn too! I am also very loyal to the Brach’s brand, it really is the best. I made my husband put the candy corn up high on a shelf so that I wouldn’t eat it all!

24 Cheryl September 28, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I just bought a bagfull of pumpkins, they are the devil!!