Hairy Berries???

by Courtney on September 28, 2010

It’s another “blah” morning here in Upstate…making it very difficult for me to want to get out of bed this morning. Why is it that my bed always feels a million times comfier when I hear rain pitter-pattering outside my window???

Despite it being a dreary morning, it’s actually quite muggy, which left me craving something cool and creamy for breakfast.

A paired a vanilla flavored Chobani Greek yogurt with some strawberries and blueberries and about 1/4 cup reduced-fat granola.

All with a little sprinkling of cinnamon of course. ;) I think it kinda makes the berries look like they’re growing hair…what do ya think? :-P

I’ve got myself a mug of regular coffee this morning (!) since hubby’s not a fan of the Pumpkin Spice and I was brewing it for the two of us. But that’s ok…that’s why they make pumpkin pie spice!

I’ve got myself a full day of work + a trip to the gym later on…I better get crackin’ on this mug of coffee! :shock:

Question for the Morning:

Do you have a favorite flavor of coffee or are you more of a “Plain Jane”? ;)

1 Liz @ LBBakes September 28, 2010 at 8:18 am

I love spiced coffees! But I also LOVE blueberry iced coffee from DD!

2 Tina September 28, 2010 at 8:41 am

For regular drinking I like plain jane coffee. But I do love flavored coffees for a special treat from time to time. I think I prefer them, but prefer them because I don’t have them regularly.

3 Teri [a foodie stays fit] September 28, 2010 at 9:00 am

Upstate NY looks so pretty! i’ve always wanted to visit there.

I’m usually a plain gal, but if I flavor it, I like cinnamon or peppermint. I’m sipping a cinnamon latte right now actually. :)

Love your header, by the way. :)

4 Amy @ Second City Randomness September 28, 2010 at 9:16 am

I’m usually pretty simple with the coffee and keep it plain or just some “morning blend”. If I want to spice it up a bit, that’s when I add the flavored creamer (I know, I know- CRAZY girl… ha ha).

5 ellaroo88 September 28, 2010 at 9:39 am

I love the pumpkin spice but after finishing off one bag I decided to go back to plain old coffee. I like to switch it up

6 leashieloo September 28, 2010 at 9:57 am

I always like the seasonal flavors like gingerbread and pumpkin spice, but on a regular day you will find me sippin’ on vanilla :)

7 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) September 28, 2010 at 10:02 am

dude i just visited your blog for the first time in a bit (i’ve been away from internet since… forever ago) and i just saw your new setup, wanted to say its AWESOME! you and your blog are adorable :)

i love flavored coffees. vanilla, gingerbread, anything sweet. yum.

8 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 28, 2010 at 10:32 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had flavored coffee!

9 jessielu September 28, 2010 at 10:34 am

im a plain jane usually:)

10 Shanna, like Banana September 28, 2010 at 10:52 am

I love a good Central American roast (like Costa Rican beans) and then I put cinn or P-spice in the coffee grounds pre-brewing.

Then a splash of vanilla creamer.

YUM!

11 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 28, 2010 at 11:21 am

I like flavored coffee but I don’t have a favorite

12 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ September 28, 2010 at 11:44 am

Though my favorite coffee drink is espresso, I’ve been enjoying these seasonal flavors – caramel apple nut, s’mores and creamy vanilla caramel.

13 Lauren September 28, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Currently my favorite coffee is this Michigan Cherry Coffee I found when I was wandering through Meijer a few weeks ago. Mmm, mmm MMM! It’s so delicious!

14 Kate@andwhenshesays September 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Ha, it def does make them look hairy, especially strawberries. But I’m addicted to cinnamon, so I just have to stir it up quick before it weirds me out!

I am a huge fan of Green Mountain’s Wild Mountain Blueberry in the warm weather (sooo good iced) and their Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread when it’s coolish. They smell as good as they taste!

15 Kat September 28, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I’m a huge fan of french vanilla coffee with french vanilla creamer(I like vanilla, what can I say?). Occasionaly I’ll switch it up for some chocolate-caramel, or if there’s a seasonal blend that catches my eye. But mostly, give me vanilla coffee and I’m good.

16 Kelly September 28, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I found a cinnamon coffe cake flavor the other day at the store and holy moly I am in love! :)

17 erica September 28, 2010 at 3:11 pm

i love vanilla or caramel flavored coffees!!!