It’s All About the Cheese

by Courtney on September 28, 2010

Tonight, Jay and I have a fun, yummy dinner planned, but it doesn’t involve one stitch of veggies, so I wanted to make sure I could get in a good amount of ‘em at lunch. :)

Celery + Carrot Sticks

Paired with my favorite Tomato & Basil Hommus.

I also prepared a simple turkey + veggie sandwich on a Thomas’s bagel thin.

Lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers, and one slice of deli turkey…

…but the main star of this show is the CHEESE…

I’m not gonna lie…I totally did my happy dance in the middle of the grocery store yesterday when I found this. :mrgreen: I’ve been looking for the Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil variety for weeks now, but this was my first victory. I can’t WAIT to try it!

I also packed up an apple, which is actually the one that I packed yesterday. Just never got around to it then…hopefully today I will!

In case you’re wondering what the round foil “thing” is, it’s actually my tomatoes + roasted red peppers. Since I pack my lunches the night before, I like to try to keep any veggies that could make for a soggy sandwich separate. Because there’s nothing worse than a soggy sandwich, am I right?

So yes, I actually unassembled my sandwich after taking the photos you see above…ohhhh the things I do for you guys. ;)

Is it dinner time yet?!? I’m already super excited for tonight’s menu!

Any guesses?!?!?! ;)

1 Carrie September 28, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Agh, I’ve been craving a sandwich. My lunch is tomato and roasted red pepper soup, so it’s like the liquid version of the foil ball. Would much rather have it in sandwich form though.

2 Emily September 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I’ve been on the hunt for these new laughing cow cheeses too! So far I’ve only found the blue cheese (and I’m not a huge fan). I REALLY want to find the new Mexican flavory one for my black bean burgers and this one looks stellar too. So jealous!

3 Brittany September 28, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Love your blog!! And absolutely love those Laughing Cows!! I’m not sure where the locations are, but I was able to find both the Sundried Tomato and and Chipotle Queso at Harris Teeter. Good luck hunting!!

4 Shanna, like Banana September 28, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I’m going to guess Brazillian BBQ with a whole lotta meat ;)

5 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Mmm soggy sandwiches. Just kidding ;) If I’m to lazy though, and if the vegetables aren’t TOO wet, I just deal with it.

Dinner guess.. Could it be a creamy cheesy Mac and Cheese?

6 Alicia September 28, 2010 at 6:43 pm

your lunch looks so good! yum!

7 Michelle September 28, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Yum–sun dried tomato and basil Laughing Cow Cheese. I’ll have to look for that in the grocery store!

8 rick September 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm

dinner guess is pizza or sakecafe

9 thebloggersmother September 28, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I will guess some sort of BREAKFAST food!! Love that for supper