A Date With My TV

by Courtney on September 29, 2010

Good Mornin’ Folks! :)

Since I took an impromptu day off from the gym yesterday, and won’t have time to make it today after work, I made it a priority to get my booty outta bed bright and early this morning for a date…with my tv. ;)

I started off with Cardio Sculpt by Jeanette Jennings from Exercise on Demand. That girl really believes in her reps…my muscles were burnin’! :shock: Then I decided my muscles would probably thank me by following up with some extra stretching, so I ended with the 10lb. Slimdown Yoga video. Definitely a great morning workout, which worked up quite an appetite…

Thankfully for me, today’s breakfast comes in the form of another fabulous bowl of Overnight Oats. You guys can be sure to see these guys around quite a bit on the blog, since they make for one of the easiest, quickest breakfasts around…not to mention DELICIOUS! :-P

Pumpkin Overnighters deserve a pumpkin background, don’t you think? ;)

In today’s mix:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • raisins

I made sure to add the protein powder again today, since Monday’s oats stuck with me for almost 5 hours. That’s pretty much unheard of with my stomach.

Lucky me was able to brew up some Pumpkin Spice coffee this morning, since we just ran out of regular. Mmmmm, how I love my punkin’ spice! :-P

Did anyone happen to see Dancing With The Stars last night?? Mr. Bolton was NOT a happy camper! Yikes. :shock:

Question for the Morning:

In less than 3 words, describe your morning so far!

Productive and Delicious! :-D

1 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ September 29, 2010 at 8:09 am

Sunny and glorious.

2 Tina September 29, 2010 at 8:41 am

Pretty easy going. :)

Which, mind you also equates to – “what’s coming next?” because I know this isn’t normal. LOL

I love having the option to workout at home sometimes. It really helps.

3 TheHealthyApron September 29, 2010 at 8:42 am

energized, enthusiastic, and sunny!

I’m trying to be positive and get through this week! I had a similar breakfast after a similar workout this morning! I skipped last night as well but got my butt outta bed this morning to meet with my trainer Jillian Michaels and then also did some stretching! Nothing beats working out before work! I always feel so revved!

4 Lynn @ SVE September 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

Filled with yoga!

I’m amazingly jealous of all your pumpkin! There is no pumpkin over where I am :(

5 leashieloo September 29, 2010 at 9:39 am

Busy, chilly, and stressful (but I intend on harnessing that stress into some kind of motivation).

6 fittybitty September 29, 2010 at 10:16 am

hungover.

i don’t know if that’s one word or two! gah. hopefully it’s onwards and upwards from here, we were celebrating my best friend’s birthday last night! can’t wait to hit the gym and feel like a real person again.

those overnight oats look great! i love that you took a pic in front of the pumpkins haha. workout sounded too good, you’re making me wish i had exercise on demand…i don’t know if we have that in canada…

7 Angela September 29, 2010 at 10:29 am

Bright, busy, tiring. Its finally sunny in NYC, but I’ve been working since 7, I’m still tired from a long day of travel yesterday (NYC to DC and back!).

Glad your day is off to a good start!

8 Lin September 29, 2010 at 10:32 am

I’m so glad you love DWTS because it’s one of my fav shows. I’m rooting for Jennifer Grey all the way! My morning’s been semi-frantic. That’s the only world I can think of to describe it :-P.

9 Shanna, like Banana September 29, 2010 at 10:39 am

Migraine, major boo!

10 ellaroo88 September 29, 2010 at 11:45 am

Just starting day

I have lab which makes me nervous so I don’t consider my day started until after lab

11 Brynn September 29, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Early, caffinated and productive!

12 mysmartchoices September 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Scary Flu Shot!

Love your blog! Your oatmeal looks exquisite! I would LOVE to try overnight oats, but for me there is something so spectacularly amazing about hot oatmeal… yummy.

13 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 29, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Sunny and lively!

Unlikely on a hump day, but I’m feeling great today. :) Love the pumpkin oats.