Gettin’ Ready to Play Hostess

by Courtney on September 29, 2010

Heyyyyy, it’s halfway through Wednesday…which means we’re halfway through the work week! Let’s take a moment to raise the roof:

Hopefully this little guy brought a smile to your day! :-D

Well, thanks to my remaining leftover roasted veggies from Saturday, today’s lunch was a quick and easy repeat of Monday’s delicious salad.

A spring mix based, topped with the rest of my roasted veggies, roasted red peppers, some reduced-fat feta, plus a new addition today: fresh tomatoes! :-P

I’ve also got myself a fuzzy peach,

and a serving of some Kashi honey sesame crackers + hommus.

Kashi crackers are one of those foods I have to portion out ahead of time…otherwise I’ll eat the whole box more than I need. :oops:

All packed up in my pretty lunchbox and ready to go! :)

We’re having company over for dinner tonight, and I swear I can smell my Crockpot from all the way at work! ;) I think it’s gonna be a GOOOOOOOOD one…I just love playing hostess!

Question for the Afternoon:

Do you enjoy hosting meals with friends/family, or would you rather enjoy the “party” somewhere else?

I actually love both, which is why our group of friends is perfect…we all rotate and take turns entertaining & hosting. :)

1 Chicago Cuisine Critique September 29, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I too love both. Entertaining is a lot of fun, but it can definitely be exhausting. :)

2 Shanna, like Banana September 29, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Love hosting! It’s such fun to plan it all out and then have people enjoy your food (and vino!)

3 Faith September 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I love hosting, but I’ve only ever done it for just a handful of people. I think having a big party would stress me out too much.

4 Whitney September 29, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I love hosting!! I am having friends come in town this weekend for our college’s homecoming and I’m so excited!! :) I love making friends feel welcomed!

5 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ September 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Love the raise the roof bunny. Sooo cute. Brought a big smile to my face.

And I prefer to host people at our place – really like to cook, love decorating and making things special for the event, and prefer to be in charge of the menu – so I can include yummy but healthy dishes.

6 Amy @ Second City Randomness September 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I really like hosting- because I love the cooking and socializing I get to do during. That’s probably why I’m always bribing my friend Mon to come over with wine. So she’ll sit and talk to me while I cook!

7 jessielu September 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I like both- I guess it depends on if I’m feeling up to cook and entertain or want to relax a little bit more :)

8 studentofhealthyliving September 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I much prefer not being the hostess but helping. The stress of cleaning and preparing my house for guests is not fun, I am neurotic about it. But, I love helping others when they host. I will help them cook, clean, decorate, whatever at their home. I like being the helper :)

9 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 29, 2010 at 7:04 pm

I love both but especially playing hostess!

10 *Andrea* September 29, 2010 at 8:35 pm

very cute pic :) cheered me up!

i can’t control myself with kashis either! or peanut butter puffins. i baggie them up on sunday nights before the week so i can’t have 1/2 a box in one sitting… usually works, not always ;)

i HATE hosting meals. i like bringing a dish somewhere and love going to parties but i (a) can’t take the pressure of cooking for people and having them not like my food, (b) think it’s too much work and i’d rather have the food catered ;) and (c) am a terrible cook except for the basics like oats, salad, microwaved foods …

11 theprocessofhealing September 29, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Kashi crackers are so beyond addictive!!!