Just Can’t Leave The Bread Alone

by Courtney on October 1, 2010

Yesterday was a BUSY day for this gal! Did you miss me? ;)

Quick Catch Up:

After work, I headed to the gym for some cardio. I ended up doing an old favorite: 45 minute treadmill walk, followed by 10 mins on the elliptical. I’ve been doing the elliptical for so long because of my foot, that I kind of forgot what a great workout power walking is. WOW! I loved every minute of it. :-D AND, on top of that, I was able to do complete almost a 1/4 mile running with little discomfort. Looks like we’re getting there, slowly but surely!

After the gym, I had to go and get my car fixed. The muffler was basically about to fall off ( :shock: ) and that would not have been good.

After getting the ‘ol car spruced up, I headed over to The Fresh Market to pick up some more coffee since we were running low, and by the time I got home, I was beat. I pretty much vegged out on the couch for the evening, not doing a whole lot of anything…

It was awesome.

So now I’m ready to conquer my day…rain and all. Ohhh the leaves…… :oops: Does this scene not scream, “Stay at home in your sweats today!”?!?

Well, since that’s not possible, I’ll just have to embrace it. But that’s ok because it’s COFFEE FRIDAY! :-P

And even better, another awesome breakfast is waiting for me. :-D

I debated on having something different from yesterday, but I just couldn’t do it guys. Hey, when you have a loaf of Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread sitting in your kitchen, you don’t let it go untouched.

Along with my bread, I have a honey flavored Chobani yogurt and another ‘naner. Looks like I better get going on these bananas quick, otherwise somebody’s gonna have to do some more baking…

So mayyyybe I’ll just have to let them sit around a teency bit longer? ;)

After work today, I’m heading back to the gym for my first BodyPump class in weeks. After consulting my Workout Log, I realized I haven’t been to one since August 19th! I’m already afraid of what my body will feel like tomorrow. :shock:

I’ve got a fun Fashion Friday post coming up this afternoon, so be sure to check it out!

Question for the Morning:

Bananas: Do you like ‘em green, bright yellow, or nice and brown & spotty? ;)

I can’t stand a green banana, and really don’t like a bright yellow one as much either. I always try to wait until they at least start accumulating a few brown spots. That’s when they’re nice and ripe and sweet. :)

1 petersenplace October 1, 2010 at 8:24 am

I like my bananas just like you, a few brown spots, nice and sweet! Your pumpkin loaf looks great, I need to make one this weekend! Yum :)

2 Tina October 1, 2010 at 8:42 am

I like them yellow or with a few brown spots. I don’t like when they get mushy at all though.

That does sound like a yummy breakfast. Too bad you couldn’t just enjoy it and stay inside the rest of the day.

3 Lauren October 1, 2010 at 9:14 am

I actually like them just when they turn from green to yellow – I know I’m in the minority here. I don’t know many people who prefer them that way, but I actually really dislike when they start to get brown… and they turn brown so fast!:(

4 CaSaundra October 1, 2010 at 9:32 am

I hate rainy days..they SO do not help in the motivation department! Well, at least you had that delish bread to keep you company!

5 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 1, 2010 at 9:51 am

I like my bananas ripe too. Have fun @ BP – I’m jealous!

6 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 1, 2010 at 10:56 am

Ripe with brown spots. I also love frozen bananas that turn SUPER ripe because they are sweet AND not too mushy.

7 christina October 1, 2010 at 11:50 am

just perfectly yellow, with maybe a little brown. i can’t eat green bananas – there’s something in bananas before they ripen that your body can’t digest and it will give you a HORRIBLE stomach ache. i don’t know who can actually eat green bananas without experiencing this. it’s awful! love your bread woman! :)

8 Joslyn @ missfitbliss October 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I love a freckled banana! And that bread does look good. The weather looks similar here in Philly. I just want to curl up with a good book all day when it rains like this!

9 jessielu October 1, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I like mine bright yellow or with just a feeeew freckles:)

10 Kelly October 1, 2010 at 4:20 pm

My bananas need to be green! I actually like my bananas to have a little crunch!

11 erica October 1, 2010 at 7:43 pm

spotty bananas please!!!

12 Hayley October 1, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I live in New York as well (Hudson Valley area) and we got so much rain!! We had some flooding here. I hope you didn’t get flooded!

Spotty bananas all the way! :)

13 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ October 1, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Bananas that aren’t all green but are just barely turning yellow. No spots for me – ew.