What I Got Is What I Want

by Courtney on October 1, 2010

It’s Friday Night! WOOO HOOOO!

I’ve been BodyPumped… (which I’m definitely going to be feelin’ tomorrow – boy, have I missed it!)

I’ve got my glass of vino…

I’ve got some delicious sushi (a California Roll to be exact) that I picked up from another trip to The Fresh Market

YUMM!

I’ve got my sweats on…

I’ve got some delicious Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies fresh outta the oven…

I’m tellin’ ya, the aromas floating around the kitchen are amazing right now! Don’t worry, there’ll be a recipe headed your way ASAP. ;)

As much as I want to dive head first into these babies, they’re actually supposed to be saved for tomorrow. Jay and I are meeting up with Joe and Kate bright and early tomorrow (7am…on a Satruday…oyyy) to head down to West Point for the Army vs. Temple game. The weather is supposed to hold up, and I am definitely excited for some tailgating!

But for now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a date with my vino, my couch, my cozy blanket, and some DVR’d Jersey Shore with my two favorite guys. Hey, I may be a granny, but I couldn’t think of any better way to spend my Friday night tonight! ;)

Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a fabulous start!!

1 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 1, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Sounds like my kind of Friday night!! Enjoy =]

2 Chicago Cuisine Critique October 1, 2010 at 9:27 pm

No judging here..that’s how I wish I could spend every Friday night. Thankfully this is one of these for me too. :)

3 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ October 1, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Anxiously awaiting that cookie recipe. They look yummylicious. Have fun relaxing tonight.

4 Beth October 1, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Hi Courtney-
I am a new reader to your blog and find it so inspiring. I am also a teacher (High school) and need to know how you do it. I mean have so much energy, stay positive, workout and have time to cook fabulous meals. I am lucky if I get 1 of those accomplished on a daily basis. Just curious if you have any advice………..Also, what helps you from overeating the delicious baked goods you make?

5 Courtney October 3, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Hi Beth! Thank you so much for the kind words! :)
It definitely takes lots of time and planning to keep all the areas of my life in order. I do a lot of meal prep the night before (with lunches), usually have my breakfasts at least mentally ready, and dinners usually have to be 30 minutes or less. On Sunday, I try to have an idea of when my workouts will be throughout the week. So for example, this week I know many of my evenings are busy, so I’ll try to do as many morning workouts as I can.
As for the baked goods? Haha, I try to give them away! Especially with cookies & cupcakes. Usually I’m making those for a reason. But for things like breads, I just try to tell myself no more than 2 trips to the bread per day…if I do them both in the morning, then I’m done, so I try to space them out. :)

6 theprocessofhealing October 1, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Wine, sushi, and cookies? Can we say 3 of the best things in the world?

7 Michelle October 2, 2010 at 1:57 am

Sounds like a perfect night!

8 CaSaundra October 2, 2010 at 8:17 am

Heath bars are my fav–can’t wait for the recipe! :-)