Pumpkin Oats & Leftover Pizza

by Courtney on October 6, 2010

Yeah I know…not the most original title. What can I say…the creative juices aren’t quite flowin’ like they usually do this evening. ;)

When it comes to my weekday lunches, most of the time I already have an idea of what I’m bringing the night before, so I go ahead and get things all packed and ready to go. Last night, however, I could not, for the life of me, decide what I wanted.

So when this morning rolled around, and I had to try to figure out what in the world I was in the mood for, the only thing I could think of was…

Pumpkin Oats! Good ANY time of day! :-P

I thought about just eating them cold, since they had already been “soaking” for about 5 hours, but the little chill in the air today called for some warmth at lunch time. ;) You’re looking at these pre-micro, but I promise…they looked the same after!

In the messy bowl:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie spice
  • 1/2 crumbled piece of Honey Raisin Pumpkin Banana Bread
  • On the side – 1/4 cup reduced-fat granola

Ok, ok…we all know by now that they don’t look pretty; but they’re just so darn tasty! Before starting up the blog, I actually used to eat oats for lunch quite frequently. They’re quick, easy to prepare and pack, and always totally delicious.

Later in the afternoon, before heading to BodyPump, I snacked on some veggies & the best honey crisp apple I’ve had all season!

Sometimes I forget just how good they are during apple-picking season. What a difference…YUMMM! :-P

Workout

BodyPump today was awesome. I upped my weights on the squat track and the shoulder track…my body pretty much feels like jell-o. :shock: But perhaps even more exciting than that: I was able to do some run/walk intervals today for 20 minutes! I alternated 2 minutes each of walking @ 4.5mph & running @ a slow but steady 6.0mph. It felt pretty good, so I was beyond thrilled and already “pumped” by the time “Pump” started. ;)

Dinner

Thank youuuuuuu leftovers!! :mrgreen:

Since I already have a lot on my plate this evening (no pun intended ;) ), I planned ahead of time on having the rest of my leftover pizza from Monday’s dinner.

After a quick minute in the micro, followed by a little extra heating in a skillet on top of the stove, these babies were ready to go. And ohhhh were they amazing.

I think I need this pizza in my life at least once a week. ;)

The rest of the night is going to be spent baking some banana muffins for the hubby, doing a little packing, and hopefully at least 15 minutes of NOTHING on the couch. Keeping my fingers crossed!

**Have you checked out Rebecca’s Blog Bake & Make Sale yet??? I have some delicious cookies up for bidding…and it’s all for a really great cause! Are they going to head YOUR way?? ;)

Question for the Night:

How long do you keep leftovers around before you toss ‘em?

1 briana October 6, 2010 at 7:22 pm

A quick question, do you sweeten your oats with anything?? I checked out the bake sale and lost my cupcakes im sad! :)

2 Courtney October 6, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Nope! Usually the sweetness of the banana, cinnamon, & vanilla almond milk is enough for me. :)

3 Rosey Rebecca October 6, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I’m sorry you lost the cupcakes!! There are still some really great baked goods up for auction!!

4 Jess Masters October 6, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Grecian Gardens is right up the road from my apartment…definitely have to check it out! :-)

5 Lisa October 6, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I think those oats look delish! I hate it when things don’t look as good as they taste, but with those ingredients you listed, I don’t doubt the awesomeness of that bowl! =)

6 Laura October 6, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Hi Courtney! It’s Laura from Troy the RPI grad student…(I’ve commented before). I have some big news for us Troy residents. Did you know they opened up a Co-op in downtown! I’m so excited!

7 Laura October 6, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Oh here is the link:

8 Courtney October 6, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Oooooo! I knew it was going to be opening, but I had no idea it already did! Thanks so much for the link…I’m DEFINITELY heading down there next week, as soon as the craziness of this week’s schedule is over. :shock:

9 Amy @ Second City Randomness October 6, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I’m really weird when it comes to leftovers- I usually try to take care of them sooner than later. I’m also kind of weird about the “sell by” date as well…

10 justjac October 6, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I love, love leftovers… esp pizza, always tastes so good after a day, hahah i know.. i’m weird. :D

11 thebloggersmother and i stole this name from my son (thebloggersbrother) October 6, 2010 at 10:13 pm

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

12 theprocessofhealing October 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Oats are always good.. anytime, anywhere.

13 Stephanie October 6, 2010 at 10:53 pm

i usually only like leftovers the day after… maybe sometimes one day after that if it’s a soup or something – i’m funny about meat leftovers tho, those are definitely day after or freezer time!

14 Faith October 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Oh man, that pizza…I die! (I hate that phrase, but nothing else adequately conveys how amazing that looks right now!!!)

I usually wind up with a lot of leftovers, seeing as I’m only cooking for one most days. I try to use them as a meal within the next 2-3 days though…I like to use up what I can before starting on another big meal that I know I’ll have leftovers of…otherwise it gets kind of overwhelming.

15 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 7, 2010 at 7:57 am

Pumpkin oats is good any time, any day. Loving all the veggies on your leftover pizza!

16 wnk505 October 7, 2010 at 10:05 am

I love pumpkin oats and one sad thing is I have yet to get to the grocery store to pick some up.

Leftover pizza is amazing in every way possible. I keep leftovers for awhile. I love leftovers and I hate wasting food.