A Spontaneous Start

by Courtney on October 7, 2010

This morning was a first!

Today was the first time I’ve ever gotten up before my alarm on a weekday, and decided to do some yoga when it wasn’t already planned. :shock:

source

That never happens! As you know, I’m a total snoozer, so getting up is not always an easy task. However, when I woke up about 30 minutes before my alarm was set to go off this morning, I found myself with an overwhelming urge to do yoga. So I did…and it was great!

Just a quick trip to the good ‘ol boob tube (<—this phrase has made me laugh my entire life…I love it) and I was all set with my 10lb. Slimdown YOGA video. Nothing crazy, but considering I was planning an “off” day, I’m pretty pleased. :)

Wanna know what else I’m pretty pleased about??

Today’s breakfast:

Blueberry Banana Muffin Overnight Oats!

In the bowl:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 mashed, super ripe banana
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • almond butter (about 1 tsp)
  • 1/2 crumbled banana muffin

I know what you’re thinking… “Banana muffin?!? Wait, where’s the recipe Courtney?!?”

Don’t worry, the recipe will be comin’ your way very soon. ;)

While enjoying my oats this morning, my spoon also ended up making its way into another delicious goody that’s been hanging out in the fridge…

Mom’s Homemade Applesauce! It was always one of my favorites growing up, and I love how it’s pink! Mmmm, so so good. :)

Now I’ve got myself an amazing mug of Caramel Macchiato flavored coffee…and I’m ready to tackle my day!

Hey, we may even see some sunshine here in Upstate today :shock: – things are lookin’ up!

Question for the Morning:

Do you ever have spontaneous workouts?

1 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ October 7, 2010 at 8:09 am

Way to go with the early, spontaneous workout. I love when that happens. Sometimes you do just get the urge to fit some exercise in whether early in the am or late at night. I just go with it.

Delicious looking breakfast – and applesauce.

2 Brynn October 7, 2010 at 8:11 am

Yes! And they always feel the best because you are actually excited and really want to work out. I love when I get the urge- puts a little pep into my workout routine.

3 Liz @ LBBakes October 7, 2010 at 8:18 am

I need to make applesauce with all the apples I have – I keep forgetting!

I rarely have spontaneous workouts – I’m such a planner. :)

4 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 7, 2010 at 9:35 am

yes! I love when I wake up way earlier than I had expected and get to use the extra time to workout. It always starts my day off on the right foot :)

5 wnk505 October 7, 2010 at 10:04 am

your oats look on point this morning. I love blueberries.

6 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous October 7, 2010 at 10:45 am

haha I love that my mom’s homemade applesauce is pink too! I was just thinking about it last night!

7 Jess October 7, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I sometimes have spontaneous workouts on days I usually deem as “rest days”- but never before my alarm goes off!:)

8 Tina October 7, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I go on spontaneous walks and things but don’t really have any other spontaneous workouts. Most of the time my days are so scheduled and packed from start to finish the only time I can do my workouts is when they are planned…otherwise something else is going on.

9 Shannon October 7, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I live my moms applesauce too!! Hers is also pink and soooo delicious! That’s fall in a bowl :)

10 Faith October 7, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I’m definitely the same way with working out when I wake up early – nothing feels worse than just laying there in bed doing nothing! I can only imagine that the yoga was awesome!

11 Curtain Lining · November 4, 2010 at 6:22 am

you can check out lots of free yoga videos on youtube, i learn a lot from it ‘