Part of the Group

I did it.

I created one of the most wonderful bowls of oatmeal. Ever.

And it’s all thanks to a generous dollop of my leftover Pumpkin Mousse with Pecan Streusel Topping!! You guys convinced me…I guess I really wasn’t crazy! ;)

I brought my oats to work with me (a base of oats, skim milk, 1/2 mashed banana, 1 tbsp pumpkin butter, and some raisins) nuked ‘em in the microwave, then topped ‘em off with the goods.

These put me in a good mood. No doubt about it. :-D

Lunch was a “Monday Usual” so I didn’t bother with any photos. We all know what they look like…

Workout

After work, I headed to the gym for a BodyPump class. Before class started, I hopped on a treadmill and completed a quick mile of walk/run intervals. Nothing crazy, but enough to get my heart rate pumpin’! (<—I definitely just wrote “pumpkin” there…obsessed much? I wouldn’t doubt it) Today’s BodyPump class was no joke! You definitely know you had a good class when you can’t fix your own ponytail without your arms shaking uncontrollably. Yikes! I’m thinking it’s partially due to the fact that I decided to up my weights on the chest track. Either way, today’s class felt awesome! :)

Dinner

Jay was originally planning on making dinner for us, but plans fell through (0-2 these past 2 days!) so he did the next best thing we know how…order out!

While I was on my way home from the gym, Jay picked us up some of our favorite salads from a local pizza place, LaBella’s. I ordered their Chef Salad with every vegetable they had, minus olives. Olives are one of the few remaining foods that I just cannot stomach. Bleh! :shock:

One of my favorite parts of these salads is the amazing bread that comes with them. You may remember last week when Jay attempted to re-create these little gems? His were good…but these were fantastic. I ended up eating 4 out of 6 of the pieces.

Hubby also suggested pairing tonight’s dinner with a glass of wine…

Ummmm, ok, twist my arm! ;)

So we both enjoyed our salads and wine while sitting on the couch watching some Wheel of Fortune.

It was so nice to just sit and spend time with my boys! I felt like I was “part of their group.” ;) Just look at all I’ve been missing out on:

I don’t know how he’s even comfy?!?

IMG_5773IMG_5774

Dad, seriously. Let me go back to looking extremely uncomfortable. Please?”

I love these guys! :)

Time to go get some baking done for a Baby Shower I have tomorrow after work for one of my co-workers! Then it’s time for some Modern Family + Cougar Town. :-D

Question for the Night:

What foods can you just not stomach? Do you consider yourself a “picky eater?”

Comments

1. Heather T says

Hehe…you know I’m a picky eater :) But I have to say that I have gotten a LOT better lately (thanks to Mike!). He makes me try new things and re-try things I claim I don’t like.

2. Judy says

i cant stand tomatoes unless theyre in soup or whatnot… celery and peppers of anykind (bellpeppers as well)
    Im def. a picky eater.
    I limit sugar

3. Darcy Pogue says

I can not stomach cheese cake……..I’ve never had a whole piece, but had a mini one a long time ago…….and it was so dense and heavy, it didn’t even feel good eating it……….and what’s the good about eating if it doesn’t FEEL good???? It’s not that great for you, so I really don’t mind not liking it.
    And by the way, LaBella’s is my favorite place to order salads too! I love the popcorn chicken salad! And those pieces of bread…..YUM!

Hi! Just found your blog via Ketchup Diaries. :) That oatmeal looks delicious. I don’t consider myself a picky eater, but I hate Iceberg lettuce (love Romaine) and refuse to eat raw tomatoes or anything they’ve touched. Haha. But I love any kind of cooked tomatoes. I’m a weirdo!

I used to be an insanely picky eater because I only liked things that were very, very bland. My favorite meals were lean cuisines and I’d literally get excited for airplane rides because of the bland (narsty) food. My poor mama!!! Hahaha.

Today I’ve made a 110% switcharoo.

Although some foods that I can’t stand are blue cheese, mayo and ranch dressing. Ew. I also can’t eat a lot of fried food or rich food as my stomach gets a little bit upset.

I used to hate olives too! But then I discovered tapenade. mmm.

Weeeellll…. I’ll try almost anything once… But I’m not a huge fruit person. The smell of bananas and peaches actually make me gag. But when it comes to veggies, breads, desserts, meats, etc- I’ll try it all!

I know… I’m quirky. :)

Oh wow, that bread does look fabulous!! Maybe you could ask the restaurant how they do it?! I have done that before and they are usually quite nice about relaying the info if they have it!

8. Tiffany says

Onions! Hate them! Alway have and probably always will. My mom use to say that when I became an adult I’d probably love them since I hated them so much. She was wrong! I can’t stand them. I do stock up on onion powder. So I have a solution for most recipes which call for onions. I know it’s not the same thing…but it works. Can NOT stomach onions! :)

I can not eat grapes! AT ALL! They make me gag!!! Anything grape for that matter: real grapes, anything flavored grape, grape medicine… I can’t stomach any of it!

Trackbacks