Build Your Own Bootcamp

by Courtney on October 21, 2010

Confession: I was a super bad blogger today. :oops:

I did not pick up my camera once to take a photo of any of my eats. Fortunately, you guys didn’t miss much…

breakfast was a simple Chobani + Quaker Oatmeal Squares;

lunch included some leftover Minestrone Soup, Kashi crackers, & the crust off a corner piece of pizza (I was craving the carb-a-licious crust only!);

but it was my today’s “dinner” that really takes the cake…if you can call it that.

After work today, I had a baby shower for one of my co-workers, which I had a feeling was going to include some yummy treats. As expected, I was presented with a wonderful array of goods: cheesy, garlic Stromboli breads, cheddar and bacon toasts, crackers and cheese…

Oh, but wait, let’s not forget all the sugar-laden goodies: cupcakes, cookie bars, magic bars, banana nut rolls, candy of all varieties…

Yeah, it was pretty much like walking into this…how in the world am I supposed to turn that down??

source

So tonight’s “dinner” was not exactly one of champions…unless, that is, you consider Stromboli bread and cookie bars nutritionally fulfilling.

And I’m not talking one or two cookie bars here folks. I’m talking multiple. Enough, in fact, that I am still uncomfortably full almost 4 hours later. Oooof. :oops:

I started to get upset with myself over it, but then I realized…

Hey, I’m human. It happens.

So I’ve chalked it up to a bad evening, and it’ll be back on track tomorrow! :)

New Workout Idea!

While reading through some old magazines this evening (I’m wayyyy backed up!) I came across an idea in Self for a “30-minute Build Your Own Boot Camp” workout. It sounds pretty fun, so I thought I’d share it with you all this evening!

30-minute Build Your Own Boot Camp

*Get a pencil & paper, a watch, a chair, & a set of dumbbells heavy enough so your 10th rep is difficult but not impossible.

*Warm up for 5 minutes, cardio of your choice.

*Do 1 minute of each of the following moves, pausing only to write down the # of reps you completed:

• jumping jacks
  • push-ups
  • crunches
  • bicep curls with dumbbells
  • lunges
  • overhead press (holding a dumbbell in each hand, extend to ceiling then lower)
  • squats
  • planks
  • triceps dips on a chair
  • mountain climbers (in push-up position, alternate bringing one knee at a time toward chest)

*Repeat, trying to complete even more reps than you did in your first set.

*Cool down for 5 minutes.

I’m thinking this would be a great, full body workout when you’re pressed for time, can’t make it to the gym, or just get a quick burst of energy and need to let it out! ;)

I’m pretty sure my dinner of champions has something to do with my totally lethargic, lazy self this evening…I’m thinking it’s going to be an early night to bed (I hope!)

Question for the Night:

What was your last “meal of champions” – aka, one that you’re not the most proud of! It’s ok…there’s no judging here! :)

1 Tina October 21, 2010 at 8:46 pm

We definitely all have meals like that! I think my dinner of champions would be a freezer pizza this last Friday night. We normally do homemade but I was not in the mood. I wanted easy. Red Baron to the rescue. LOL

2 Melissa October 21, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I went to Olive Garden the other night & seriously indulged! My friend & I split a bottle of wine. Then I had salad, 2 breadsticks, my ENTIRE meal, & a dessert. I was a bottomless pit! 100% worth it, though. :D

3 Shanna, like Banana October 21, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Smartpop popcorn drizzled with Pumpkin Pie syrup, then flax PB straight out of the jar, completed with some chips and salsa. This happened Sunday ;)

4 briana October 21, 2010 at 9:31 pm

i have those meals all the time where I feel as if I indulged too much, it usually includes wine (multiple glasses) dinner and then too much dessert!

5 Liz @ Blog is the New Black October 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Sugar overload for me too today… I napped when I got home! Oof.

6 laura October 21, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I have to admit that I detest that feeling. even though it shouldn’t, guilt just naturally occurs and you want to take it all back. that sounds bad, but we all do it :( it’s just part of being a girl I guess.

7 theprocessofhealing October 21, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Totally what I just ate.. leftover japanese food and ice cream. I was so hungry until all of a sudden, i became stuffed. Lesson learned… late night greasy japanese food, not a smart move.

8 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) October 22, 2010 at 4:48 am

oh man. too many recently to even rehash. trying not to dwell…

9 wnk505 October 22, 2010 at 6:44 am

my last meal of champions involved amazing Mexican food a bottle of red wine and then frozen yogurt with hot fudge to finish off the wonderful food night haha.

10 SkinnyRunner October 22, 2010 at 9:06 am

i made pumpkin cream cheese bars. and then ate them all for dinner last week. nice.

11 Julia October 22, 2010 at 9:58 am

Remember the pumpkin bread overload email? :P

12 Beth October 22, 2010 at 10:07 am

Courtney-
Thanks for sharing your dinner of champions. It makes me feel better to know everyone has days like this! Mine actually was a breakfast of champions. A piece of pizza (What??? for breakfasT?) 1 piece of toast, a granola bar, and some cinnamon toast crunch dry with peanut butter. It was definitely a random mix this morning, but I realize I must have been really hungry or just stressed, but I vow to make good choices the rest of today!!

13 diaryofahealthnut October 22, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I just did the Build Your Own Bootcamp! What a great idea, thanks for posting it! It got me nice and sweaty and I feel loads better after a little workout. :)

14 adventuresofpretendcook October 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Love the Build your Bootcamp workout. I will have to try that when I am low on time. Thanks!

15 Laurie @ Cookies 'n Cardio October 22, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Chobani + Oatmeal Squares = My fave way to eat Chobani! :) Plus a lil sprinkle of chia seeds on top! Mmmm…. Greek goodness!