Fashion Friday: Dark Nails

:) Happy Fashion Friday!! :)

On Today’s Agenda…

It’s All About Black/Dark Nails!

Seems perfectly fitting for Halloween, right?

Well, just in case you’re not quite ready to break out the Jet Black polish, there are some great options out there for you to choose from. Many of you noticed my fresh paint job this week, which, while it may look like black…it’s not! 😉

(Please pay no attention to the middle finger nail, which I nicely chipped yesterday afternoon…of course!) 😡

This polish is one of my favorite polishes I own: O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark. Its hint of plum keeps the super deep hue from looking to “goth,” but still gives a fun, edgy look. O.P.I. is my absolute favorite brand of polish. It lasts the longest of any other brand I own and goes on with a nice, smooth finish.

**One important rule that I go by when using dark polish: Keep the nails short. Otherwise, I feel like it looks a little too much like the fake nails I’d add to my witch costumes when I was younger. And that’s a definitely no-no for everyday style! 😯

I’ve actually had this polish for about two years now, so I had to laugh when I saw it in at least two different magazines this season about being the “in” color. I guess maybe I was ahead of the trend???? Hehe 😉

Question for the Day:

What do you think of Black/Dark Nails? Do you have a favorite polish color?

1. Paula McCormick says

My absolute favorite polish for my toes – Lincoln Park After Dark – still wearing the french on the fingers – maybe it’s time I broke free and tried it on my fingernails – I agree they should be shorter in length – maybe that is my hesitation – great blog:)

Ha! I’ve had Lincoln Park After Dark for several years as well. It’s a great classic color. It’s a great layer under the new Deborah Lippmann sparkly polishes too. Great manicure – I couldn’t even see that chip on your middle finger!

I have a dark plum nailpolish! I think it is much better than black. Even though it seems black, it doesn’t have the same effect with my fair skin.
    But I still prefer lighter shades (my favorite is light pink!).

P.S. The middle finger nail is chipped? My nails don’t look that good 2 minutes after doing my manicure ;).

4. Whitney says

I love love dark colors on fingernails! I pretty much wear it year round.. and OPI by far has the best colors compared to the rest. I love how dark nails give your overall outfit/look a little more edge! This post is so relative because I just went yesterday to get my nails done and left with a new color from the OPI Swiss collection! Gorgeous! have a great weekend! :)

I had dark nail polish before but after I took them out, they stained my nails and they were yellowish :(

I love the intense look though, I would just have to be careful next time and ask the nail salon to put a good base before putting the polish.

Have a good weekend :)

The ‘IT’ colour for Fall is any shade of grey too!

I just bought a new matte, dark grey shade from revlon.
    It goes with everything is is the new “gothic” colour 😉

I always keep my nails short – long nails gross me out to be completely honest – and I love dark nail polish. I have Lincoln Park After Dark, and literally just packed it in my weekend duffel bag to apply tomorrow!

8. Brynn says

I LOVE that color! I wore that for a wedding 3 years ago and I still wear it a lot. Perfect mix of edgy but pretty (purple) undertones.