Breaking Up The Work

by Courtney on October 31, 2010

Spending four hours of my Sunday doing all of the grading the I procrastinated doing during the week = total bummer. Ughh. :oops: One of these days I’ll learn!

At least I was able to break up the work with some football & a couple trick-or-treaters. And I must say, I was quite proud of the fact that I only stole one piece of candy from the candy bowl! :shock:

Then a little while later, I figured hey, a little wine never hurts either…

Oh yeah, and dinner’s a pretty good way to break up the work too. ;)

Jay and I decided a quick and simple dinner was in order, so we cooked up the package of ravioli that I got last weekend at Trader Joe’s.

I topped my ravioli off with some sautéed onions and broccoli (which were generously coated in some Garlic Gold seasoning), marinara sauce, and some fat-free Mediterranean feta crumbles.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of the ravioli. :( I didn’t really love the flavor of them…must have been the mushrooms? Luckily, I had cooked up a boat-load of broccoli, so I didn’t feel deprived.

But even though I wasn’t huge fan of the ravioli, here’s a couple things I am a fan of:

IMG_6032IMG_6031

Watching Cody fall asleep in the funniest positions EVER.

AND, the fact that I have this huge bowl of candy sitting in my house…

with no more trick-or-treaters in sight.

Yeah…hubby was nervous we wouldn’t have enough candy after the 4th trick-or-treater came, so he went out to get some more.

That was about 2 hours ago, and we haven’t seen one since. Looks like it’s gonna be time to get creative in the kitchen!! ;)

Question for the Evening:

What do you do with your leftover Halloween candy?

1 Jen is Green October 31, 2010 at 7:59 pm

bring it in to work! my co workers will eat anything… ha

2 Liz @ Blog is the New Black October 31, 2010 at 8:10 pm

There would never be leftover candy in this house.

3 Katie October 31, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Keep it hidden in a cabinet, but to make sure I enjoy a couple of pieces once in a while. :) You can’t deprive yourself of the things you love. Life is too short to not have candy (mainly chocolate)! HA! Happy Halloween!

4 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ October 31, 2010 at 8:11 pm

We have lots of leftover candy, too. It’s all going to work with my hubby this week for the office to enjoy. P.S.Cody’s a cutie pie.

5 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices October 31, 2010 at 8:12 pm

That was the ONE piece of candy I stole too :D Skittles are the BEST, purple of course ;)
Aww Cody is too stinkin’ cute- I love how he crosses his feet & hands. What a cutie.

6 emilieviolet October 31, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Cody is so cute!

I would have a secret stash somewhere for whenever you have a sweet craving and then bring some to work :) We don’t buy Halloween candy (for trick-or-treaters anyway haha) because I never have any trick-or-treaters where I live.

7 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic October 31, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I love Trader Joe’s but I’m not a big fan of their ravioli either. Whenever I have extra candy or cookies, I bring it to work! My co-workers appreciate it, and I’m not tempted to eat them all by myself ;)

8 Amy @ Second City Randomness October 31, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Last year I hit a major sale on Halloween candy and made a million batches of snickers/hershey blondies. Soooo good…

9 Lindsey October 31, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Haha – i love watching my cat fall asleep. He is so cute when he curls up in a little ball when he sleeps. Sometimes he puts one paw over his eyes and I can’t help but squeeze him.

10 Darcy Pogue October 31, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Yep, I bought Halloween candy that I don’t like, so it will not be eaten by me, but I will be bringing it into work………..

11 Shanna October 31, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Put in the freezer or take it to work. Outta sight (sorta) out of mind ;)

12 babs October 31, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Bowl of candy with no eating = willpower of steal!

13 janae jacobs October 31, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Freeze it!! Good job on only eating one thing, I wish I had your self-control. I am a teacher too and I get so mad at myself when I have to bring work home over the weekend, but we will never learn to just finish it all during the week:)

14 leashieloo October 31, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Omg, that is the cutest cat ever! I end eating all of the candy and peddling it on other people :)

15 CaSaundra November 1, 2010 at 8:02 am

I am really picky about ravioli..I usually like to make my own and then freeze it for emergencies! :-)

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 1, 2010 at 8:05 am

Break them up and use them instead of of chocolate chips in recipes!! Or bring them as special treats for your students in a few months :) Hope you have a great Monday!!

17 Kristen D November 1, 2010 at 11:10 am

i make “kitchen sink cookies” or candy bar cookie bars!

18 Jen November 1, 2010 at 4:01 pm
19 Savannah P November 1, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Haha I bring my leftover candy to work with me too – our lucky colleagues ;) A lot of the time though it just gets stuffed in a drawer and forgotten until its too stale to enjoy, whoops.

Cody is ADORABLE.

20 sweetoothrunner November 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Awww Cody is so cute! Haha I just stash away my leftover candy until the next Halloween- it doesn’t go off for years! :P