Want To Meet My New Nephew??

by Courtney on October 31, 2010

source

Happy Halloween! Are you being festive today??? I may not be in costume, but I’m definitely sportin’ my favorite Halloween socks! ;)

We’ve also got our mini bowl of Halloween candy ready for the one or two potential trick-or-treaters we might get. (Our house gets few, if any!)

I’m hoping the weather clears up soon though…

…otherwise I’m gonna be left with lots of leftovers! :shock: ;)

So I have some exciting news to share!!! I am an AUNT!

Let me now introduce you all to my new “nephew”…

Meet Tram!! :-D

I’m sure I just made anyone who knows that I have a younger brother a little nervous & curious, didn’t I?? ;)

IMG_6012IMG_6011

Isn’t he adorable?? Last night, Jay and I headed over to Sarah & Jeff’s house to meet the new addition to their family. Tram is a Morkie (Yorkie + Maltese) and is the cutest little thing I’ve ever seen. I might steal him…watch out Sarah! ;)

So we didn’t ONLY go over to meet little Tram, but also to celebrate Sarah’s birthday, which included one of my favorites: Funfetti Cake!

I enjoyed every.last.bite. in the healthiest way possible, of course. It’s been a while since I’ve had Funfetti + Rainbow Chip frosting. Yummmm. :-P

While eating our cake, the boys had a little more fun with Tram…

IMG_6010Love him!!!

Workout

This morning, I got up bright and early to head to the gym, where I spent 45 minutes on the treadmill doing some interval running. I ended up covering just shy of 4.5 miles in 45 minutes, which also included a bit of power walking on a heavy incline. It was a good, sweaty workout.

After showering and getting ready, I went to meet my friend Heather for a Starbucks date! Believe it or not, I haven’t seen Heather since before I went to Vegas in August!

While we sat and chatted, I enjoyed a delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte,

IMG_6014along with a banana (which I forgot to photograph until AFTER I ate it) and a slice of Cranberry Apple Bread that I brought from home. :)

IMG_6015IMG_6016

I had some grocery shopping to take care of after our Starbucks date, so by the time I got home, I was already starving again. I quickly grabbed a plain Chobani and mixed in about 2 tsp of sugar-free vanilla pudding mix. Julie was absolutely right…what a delicious idea! :)

I also brewed up a little coffee, at the hubby’s request. Hey, what’s a little more caffeine, right? ;)

The rest of the day looks like some school work, football, and waiting for trick-or-treaters (hopefully!).

Question for the Day:

Do you like Halloween? Do you like passing out candy for trick-or-treaters??

1 Tina October 31, 2010 at 1:53 pm

ADORABLE!!!!! And I was wondering. I was thinking that I didn’t remember you mentioning anyone having a baby in your family. LOL

Enjoy the rest of your Halloween! I have a feeling we will be left with lots of leftovers too. Probably because my husband bought two big bags to pass out…when we likely only needed half of one. LOL

2 TheHealthyApron October 31, 2010 at 2:12 pm

LOVE the new nephew! What a stinker!! :) Happy Halloween!

I definitely like passing out candy but I MISS trick or treating! Being a kid was so fun!

3 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ October 31, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Tram is the cutest! Congrats on being an Auntie. ;)

We love Halloween and passing out goodies. The hubby really gets into it and decks the house out.

4 Chicago Cuisine Critique October 31, 2010 at 3:21 pm

That puppy is so cute! Surprisingly I signed up for the trick-or-treaters in my high rise building and there have been way more than I would have thought. Hopefully you will have the same luck! :)

5 leashieloo October 31, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Ahh! I squealed out loud when I saw the new pupster. I suddenly want a Morkie, I didn’t know those existed!

6 Katie H. October 31, 2010 at 4:15 pm

oh my gosh… Tram is too cute!!! Love him!!

7 Amy October 31, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I think that ur new nephew is the cutest little thing I’ve ever seen. Now I want one too.
I love Halloween, I love seeing the little kids dressed up and so excited and I love to dress up to hand out the candy too. This year I’m a little bummed though we moved into a condo and we’re on the 3rd floor so I’m hoping we get some trick or treaters.

8 Shanna, like Banana October 31, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Oh my! So adorable!

I like Halloween..it’s fun, low pressure, and all about candy and being a big kid!

9 Tina October 31, 2010 at 5:28 pm

That is seriously the cutest dog EVER!!! I am dying to get a Yorkie! One day I will :) I love watching all the little kiddies in their adorable little costumes, so cute! Happy Halloween!

10 sweetoothrunner October 31, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Aww Tram is SO cute!
I love Halloween, but I live in England where it isn’t really celebrated much! Shame, but whenever a trick-or-treater comes (a rare occasion!) I give them a ton of candy! :D

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 31, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Tram is freaking adorable!! And Funfetti cakes always remind me of high school, when people seemed to bring them in once a week at least.

I kind of can’t wait for the days when I can take my kids trick or treating, I must say. That’s the real essence of Halloween to me!

12 Sarah October 31, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Tram misses his auntie.. wants you to come back and play! He really liked that he got so much attention on your blog!

13 Jenna October 31, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I love putting the sugar free vanilla pudding mix in my yogurt. Try the SF cheesecake with some strawberry jelly. It’s to die for!

14 christina October 31, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Tram is the cutest puppy!!

15 SkinnyRunner November 1, 2010 at 12:53 pm

omg that is the cutest puppy ever! i want one right now to stick in my shoe!